Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manju .S Rao
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Manju .S RaoYour feedback matters!
You often get into this mess of losing part or whole of the tooth, and this is actually a nasty situation in several ways. You may get severe pain there, or the sharp edge of the broken tooth may cut the cheek and other areas of the skin in the mouth while chewing or biting. Besides, if left untreated the broken part may accumulate dirt and food particles can later turn into serious infections in the gum too. It looks bad too when a front tooth is broken, and often leaves your inner lips with cuts and abrasions when the sharp edge of the broken tooth rips off skin inside the mouth as you chew.
The first aid part
There are several ways to manage a broken tooth, and the initial steps of first aid after the incident are as follows:
- To control the acute pain after a tooth breaks, you may take a painkiller like paracetamol (if you have no known allergy to the same). This will soothe the pain, and make it much easier and bearable.
- You may try sticking some sugarless chewing gum on the tooth to prevent the edges from cutting inside the mouth. In case a gum is not available, you may try putting some simple wax in there.
- Try to have food which will require less of chewing, or go on a liquid diet. This will help prevent any further damage to the tooth and surrounding tissues.
Filling and Bonding- The initial treatment
On going to the dentist, based on the severity, you will be suggested various remedies. A tooth filling or bonding is generally the remedy. If a small portion of the tooth is broken, then the tooth can be simply filed. In case it is one of the rear teeth, the tooth will be chipped and filed to smoothen the cut edge so that it never again pokes the skin around. If the break is not small, then bonding is a good option. The dentist fills the rest of the tooth space with a resin or porcelain material to make it look whole and natural again, and this solves the problem both physically and cosmetically.
Crowning the tooth
If the tooth is damaged till the nerve, root canal treatment may be needed, and thereafter a cap or crown is placed over the broken tooth. This restores both natural looks and the strength to chew.
What happens in case the entire front tooth of my child pops out of the mouth?
Do not panic in such a situation. Time is of utmost importance in such conditions. Pick the tooth from the crown portion (the portion which is visible in the mouth) and wash it under the gentle flow of tap water. After that, preserve the tooth in saline or milk. If a clean container is not available and the child is conscious, the tooth can be preserved under the tongue. Once this emergency measure is taken, rush to the dentist as soon as possible. The same tooth can be replaced (replanted) in its original position. The success of this procedure will be much more predictable if the tooth is replaced in its original place within the first few minutes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Why I always get bleeding while I am brushing. Please notify me any ayurveda treatment is available for this?
Thank you for your suggestions on my question about rct. Can you please give me some idea about the prices of caps after root canal. Please suggest me dentist also along with prices because I think where I went they are charging more than normal cost.
Dr. Last month I suffered with oral candilites. On 13-3-15 I am admitted in hospital. Dr was given inj forcan-200 for 5 days. Now iam not able to eat anything. Esophagus are getting pain when I swallow any thing including juices and water. Three days before again I admitted they r given inj forcan 200 od (fluconozole)&pancef-1 gm (ceftraxine1 gm ) bd, rantac bd & tramadol bd. So I have not found any result. Pls refer is this correct course.
My age is 20 and gender male my tongue is getting reddish frequently and I am not able to eat hot and chilly substances. so, what should I do.?
I am 26 years old male & I have bad breath problem since 8 years. I have consulted at least 10 dentists & all of them told that my mouth good, teeth & gum are good & hygienic. So I want to know exact problem & solution for that. Thanks & regards, Syed.
If chewing food and retaining a sparkling smile is not enough for you, avoiding toothaches and a visit to the dentist could be reason enough to maintain healthy teeth. Ignoring your tooth health can lead to many problems. Answer yourself the following question. Would you like your teeth inside your mouth or in a glass tumbler beside your bed at nighttime?
If you opted for the former, then going through the following tips and advices will go a long way in helping you sustain healthy teeth. They are:
- Brush and floss twice a day: Brushing and flossing twice a day, on a regular basis will help you maintain healthy teeth and gums in the long run. The ideal time to brush your teeth is 20 minutes after a meal. Opting for a toothbrush with a small head and soft bristles gives you better access to even the deeper portions of your mouth, thus providing comprehensive cleansing to your teeth. Moreover, softer bristles are generous on your gums as well.
- Nutrition: Whatever you eat, either protects you or makes you more susceptible to diseases and disorders. This stands true for your oral health as well. As such, choosing the right foods early in your life is of vital importance. Foods such as cold drinks, cakes, candies and other such sugary substances facilitate the growth of germ and bacteria in your mouth, resulting in plaque and cavities. Choosing foods that are low in starch and sugar will reduce the development of germs and help eradicate cavities or plaque in the long run.
- Smoking: Even the pack of smoke that you buy endorses smoking is injurious to your general health. Smoking causes reduced flow of blood to the mouth, which resultantly leads to increased chances of periodontal disease and mouth cancer. Smoking, moreover causes a decline in the ability of the bones and tissues to revascularize (self-heal). All else apart, just stop smoking.
- Chewing gums: Chewing gums are highly beneficial especially after a meal. They not only increase the flow of saliva in your mouth, but also improves the flow of blood to your brain, thus enhancing your alertness by close to 10%. In addition, chewing gums help neutralize the acid in your mouth, thus helping you cleanse your mouth.