Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Manju .S RaoYour feedback matters!
Almost everything you eat and drink has an impact on your oral health, especially your teeth. This impact is not just due to the food's nutritional value, but also because parts of the mouth come in direct contact with the food that is taken. For example, if the teeth come in contact with a compound that has a pH value lower than 5.5, the enamel of teeth can get softened.
The following is a list of the foods, which are good for your teeth:
- Dairy products: Milk and most other dairy products are rich in calcium and protein. The cells called osteoblasts absorb calcium and create the protein tissues, which are the building blocks of the skeleton. An added advantage of these foods is that they are low in sugar content, which is beneficial for the teeth.
- Water: Fluoridated water is extremely good for bone and dental health. Minerals like chlorine, calcium, phosphorus and fluorine can prevent damage caused by acidic foods.
- Dry fruits: Most nuts are protein rich. The processes of biting and chewing also stimulate the salivary glands and saliva helps to clean the mouth and maintain oral health.
- Meat: Meat is also high in protein content and so it helps to protect the teeth and replenish the dissolved enamel. Fish and eggs are similarly helpful.
Here is a list of things that you should consume in regulated quantities to maintain dental health:
- Citrus fruits: Fruits like lemons, oranges, grapes etc contain citric acid. Acidic foods erode the tooth enamel and so these kinds of fruits should be included in your daily diet in small portions.
- Carbonated drinks: Most soft drinks and beverages contain large quantities of sugar. The sugar can be used by the dental plaque (mass of bacteria growing on the inside on the mouth) to produce acids and over time, which gives rise to a thick yellow layer on the teeth, damaging them.
- Candied sugar: Foods that are sticky can remain stuck in between the teeth for a very long time and cause decay of the enamel and harm the gums. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.
I am relief from neck but now I feel uneasy pain in left side upper teeth and some in my left side throat and left ear. What cheq up I should do ? is this a symptoms of cancer ?
Hi sir, am 26 years male having my teeth color yellowish, I would like to have shiny teeth having white color what I should have to do? advice me.
I got a small tooth cavity over my second premolar. Its paining since morning when I brushed with cold water. Since I am having exams I can not do any procedures right now. Please help me. Is it fine to take ibuprofen/diclofenac if its paining for two weeks. Is it good to do warm saline mouth gargle for this. Please reply.
My friend has granulomatous ulcer, consistent with crohn's. How to treat this disease? How much time take to reduce this?
Hi. I am 20years old. My problem is every morning while im brushing, blood is coming out from my throat for more than 2years but I have no pain there. Only when im brushing this is happening. I consulted in jipmer, they said im normal. Still I did'nt get an proper solution. So help me to recover.
When I drink cold water and eat the ice cream then start the pain in my teeth. Why start the pain in my teeth and gum?
nowadays my teeth's are turning slight yellow ,i brush twice a day but still they are yellowish. I want to know how can I turn my teeth white nd also want to know the products like teeth whiting kit that led one and teeth whiting pen that are available in market are useful or not? Should I prefer it are they useful?
I have few gaps in between my teeth. What would be the best and cost effective way to remove those gaps and if braces are the one of the solution then, what would be its average cost in Delhi? (I got small gaps in between both upper jaw and lower jaw!)
Doctor my date of birth 27/07/1965 I am working in restaurant. While I am sleeping in the night or after having dinner getting to much water in my mouth I am having sufficient food & water at night. What is the reason I am getting to much water in my mouth at night time please suggests me
Some times bad smell comes from my mouth and a yellowish layer formed at the inner part of the teeth. How could I remove it. Please give me suggestion.
My teeth is in yellow in colour. I have used many tooth paste but there is no difference. I do not know what to do. Can you please tell me?
I have swelling in my lip. Its been there over a month. Also Dr. said its because of Slavia. What should I do?
From a psychodynamic viewpoint dental healthcare is a 2-person endeavour. It is the dentist working with the patient and the patient being able to accept (use) the work (treatment) offered and provided by the dentist. It acknowledges that there is a uniqueness in the interaction for both dentist and patient while accepting the potential for inequalities within the interaction. Nevertheless it requires the health professional to remain flexible, to be able, as the need arises, to make adjustments in treatment plans thereby maximising status equality while minimising the potential for disruptions within the relationship. Benefits exist for the dental health professional when the equality between themselves and their patients is maintained. These include improved time and behavioural management skills, increased awareness of their patients' concerns and anxieties, the ability to readjust treatment plans and to provide patient-centred care