Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manisha Suryavanshi
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha SuryavanshiYour feedback matters!
Always make it a practice to encourage your children to inform you if they face any pain or discomfort in the neck or back before it becomes a serious problem.
Dear Doctor, Our son 06months old has not taken OPV 1 Hep-B 3 dose on completion of 06months. But when we had the vaccination after 3.5months from his birth, the nurse said that the 06th Month vaccination as stated above is also covered on that time. Hence we do not need to take the vaccination on completion of 06 months. Kindly advise should I take this month's due vaccination for our son. Many thanks
Hi .my baby is one year old now. Recently I stopped my feeding then I took tablet for to stop milk secretions. Now I wish to feed again for baby. How I can increase my milk supply?
My baby boy of 21 days suffering from Red rashes near anal opening and it pains on passing stool, the stool is watery and contains bubbles. Plus advise.
My daughter was always want to sip her fingers in her mouth. We tried to stop it many times. But we can't. Kindly tell why she s doing like this? & how to prevent this?
Hi my baby girl is 3 weeks old, she is suffering from cold, chest cough and vomit, she is very much suffer from motion problem, she is 2.5 kg only still weight not gain because of these prblm I am very much worried about this pls advice.
My son 5 years old.(birth wt 2.5 kg, normal delivery, 38 weeks). He is very thin and weak. He tired early during any activity (running, jumping, cycling etc.). Also he said that he tired and can't do that. He also feels low self esteem when see other child to doing these activities. Also when he get coughing, it goes away approx 20 days every time. We consulted paediatrician/physician also 3-4 times. Following test carried out: Echo test/Chest xray- normal TB gold test:-ve ESR-10 mm/HR TLC/DLC-normal, RBC-3.7 Hb: 9-10 (four times repeated, every 3 month gap during last 1.5 years. Dr. Given following: Iron + folic acid syrup, Zinc+Multivitamin + multiminerals syrup. We also give him chapati/rice/milk/paneer, egg/almond/kismis/banana, other fruits etc. But his weight & Hb is not increases. We are (parents & son) vegetarian. What test is to be carried out to find any problems for not gaining weight and strength. What food (veg/non veg) & supplement give to him for increasing weight/Hb?
I have a daughter of 4 months who has polystic kidney diseases, can you please tell me what is the permanent solution for this problem?
Hi sir. Hamara ek baby boy hai 3 years ka. Wo bahut hi ziddi hai or hr time koi na koi sararat krta hai. Jis kaam ko mna kro wahi kaam krta hai kisi ki nhi sunta hai. Kabhi kbhar uska mood ho to baat maan leta hai. Kya aap iske regarding koi help kr sakte hain. Please help.
Children are found to be more prone to falling sick than adults. This is not only due to their lower immunity, but also the carelessness of the elders around. Since it is not expected of children to take precautions, it is up to the parents to take care of that. The following is a list of ways to protect your child from one of the most common kinds of illness encountered by children lung infection.
- Avoiding smoking in front of children: It is a well established fact that passive smoking or being in proximity to a smoker is almost as harmful as smoking itself. Parents who smoke in the presence of their children are putting the latter at the risk of lung infections and various serious lung conditions. Thus, children should be kept away from tobacco smoke as much as possible.
- Limited use of mosquito repellents near children: Mosquito repellents have been known to cause asthmatic attacks in small children. The liquidators and the mosquito coils contain chemicals which should not be inhaled, especially by children.
- Avoiding air pollution: Air pollution causes irreparable damage to the lungs of children. Harmful gases and smoke from vehicles can lead to asthma, or even lung cancer, in children. To avoid this as much as possible, children should be made to wear pollution masks, especially while travelling through busy streets with heavy traffic.
- Avoiding objects which can cause allergic reactions or act as triggers: The triggers vary from one child to another and for some, there might not be any trigger at all. However, it is the responsibility of the parents to keep the children away from things, which might cause allergic reactions. Examples of such objects are, certain fabrics, fur of animals, incense sticks, perfumes, talcum powder, citrus food, peanut, pollen, flowers, dust, fumes and so on.
- Teaching them personal hygiene: Teaching children to carry handkerchiefs, cover their mouths while coughing or sneezing, washing their hands properly, and other good hygiene habits, can combat lung infections to a great extent, as these help prevent the spread of germs.
- Timely vaccinations: Proper vaccination acts as a precautionary measure for lung infections in children. Thus, parents should get their children vaccinated after consulting the respective physician.