Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha SuryavanshiYour feedback matters!
My son has 8 months baby his urine result is occasional pus cells 10-15/hpf and he passes small amount of urine and also in short time he passes again small amount of urine. He vomit or vomit sensation daily. His skin color changes daily (blackish. This is what disease.
My son is 1 month 20 day old. He suffering 2/3 days for cough, cold, fever and flue. So doctor says it's pneumonia symptoms. They suggest admitted my son. So I want to know it is pneumonia? So help me.
Hi, My Son is 6 years and is not interest to eat any thing daily this is very big task to eat any thing to my son and he is not interested to eat normal food now this age only eat one piece of roti and one major problem is going to latrine once in a 2 to 3 days so I donate now what to do kindly suggest.
My son, 9 years old is having cough only in the nights for the past 2 days. He is coughing and then vommitting. I have given him" levolin" for his cough. He has not improved much. I
My child is 5 year old. He did not ask for potty. He did not want to hold pencil. He did not write in his studies but he learn quickly. He did not react quickly in any matter. What should I do for my child?
My son is 5 months and 15 days old .His weight is 5 kgs and 516 grams. He is not taking adequate breast feeding. What will I do to increase his feeding? Has he got Adequate weight now? What type of food will I give him? Please tell me elaborately. What should I do Sir? Please tell me.
My 2.6 years toddler is facing constipation issue since some time, am making him drink water as much as possible. Pls suggest a god medicine for constipation. Also let me know how much should be his intake of water in a day?
Hi My daughter who is 28 days old do potty every time after feed about 20 - 22 times a day. Would you please suggest any medicine or treatment. Our neighbour suggest one medicine called Z&D DS 20 should you recommend this or any other medicine.
My daughter is passing stool multiple times a day for last couple of weeks. She passes the same without realising in under garment. This happens specifically after eating something. She is active and takes normal diet. I have consulted pediatricians, homeopaths, Ayurved etc with no success. I had given her Norfloxacin+metrogyl for 5 days but that helps only till effect of medicine lasts. Stool test was normal. Please help.
My baby is 5month old. Her weight was 2.5 kg at the time of birth now she is 7.4kg.She is only breast fed and no formals are given. Is she obess? What should I do?
She has rashes on her arms body neck and thigh. She does not have fever, no muscle pain. No itchiness of the rashes. One pulmonary doctor said it was a german measles. But when we consulted a pediatrician he said it was a non viral .
Cosmetic sopas can be used for my 2 month old baby? Which is best sopa to increase good of my baby skin.
Hello doctor, My baby is 13 months old. She weight is 7.5kgs, birth weight is 2.75, increase weight, please give me suggestions.
We welcome our bundle of joy with old, washed, sun dried clothes as they are almost sterile. New clothes are probably handled by many and may be infected. The breast feeding is started with the help of young unmarried girl. This educates the girl about this AMRIT SAVEN. Mother is given ajwayan water which helps to lactate. On the sixth day bua does the ceremony of chatti by giving bath and putting on new clothes to baby. By sixth day the umbilical cord falls and there after the baby should be given a bath. On the occasion of chatti mother is given all kind of foods and after that she is supposed to have everything including all fruits, vegetables and dal, then ladoos or panjiri rich in ghee, dry fruits. These help mother for extra calories and minerals especially calcium and iron required postpartum. In this ceremony Bua plays an important role and rewarded with lots of gifts by bhabhi for the hard work she has been doing and will do after that, till 45 days. During these crucial 45 days outsiders are not allowed to get in mother?s room as people coming from outside may infect the child . The child is never left alone, a knife or a match boxes is kept besides baby, it is a primitive method to save the baby from animals and strangers. The God (baby and mother) has come and the duo should be prayed (taken care) and not do pooja or attend functions
Iron is an essential nutrient and mineral that is required by adults and children alike. Iron helps move oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body and helps muscles store and use oxygen. It is especially important for children because it aids development and prevents anaemia. Untreated iron deficiency in children can cause physical and mental delays. It can lead to less healthy red blood cells in the child's blood stream which will cause a delay in the growth of physical and mental faculties.
Risk factors for iron deficiency in children
Infants and children at highest risk of iron deficiency include:
- Babies who are born prematurely or have a low birth weight
- Babies who drink cow's milk before age 1
- Breast-fed babies who aren't given complementary foods containing iron after age 6 months
- Babies who drink formula that isn't fortified with iron
- Children ages 1 to 5 who drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of cow's milk, goat's milk or soy milk a day
- Children who have certain health conditions, such as chronic infections or restricted diets
- Children ages 1 to 5 who have been exposed to lead
- Adolescent girls also are at higher risk of iron deficiency because their bodies lose iron during menstruation.
Symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia
The signs and symptoms of iron deficiency anaemia in children may include:
- Pale skin
- Fatigue or weakness
- Slow cognitive and social development
- Inflammation of the tongue
- Difficulty maintaining body temperature
- Increased likelihood of infections
- Unusual cravings for non-nutritive substances, such as ice, dirt or pure starch
Prevent iron deficiency in children
Take steps to prevent iron deficiency in your child by paying attention to his or her diet. For example:
- Breast-feed or use iron-fortified formula. Breast-feeding until your child is age 1 is recommended. If you don't breast-feed, use iron-fortified infant formula.
- Encourage a balanced diet. When you begin serving your baby solids, typically between ages 4 months and 6 months, feed him or her foods with added iron, such as iron-fortified baby cereal. For older children, good sources of iron include red meat, chicken, fish, beans and dark green leafy vegetables. Between ages 1 and 5, don't allow your child to drink more than 24 ounces (710 milliliters) of milk a day.
- Enhance absorption. Vitamin C helps promote the absorption of dietary iron. You can help your child absorb iron by offering foods rich in vitamin C, such as melon, strawberries, kiwi, broccoli, tomatoes and potatoes.
- Consider iron supplements. If your baby was born prematurely or with a low birth weight or you're breast-feeding a baby older than 4 months and he or she isn't eating two or more servings a day of iron-rich foods, talk to your child's doctor about oral iron supplements.
Make sure that you watch out for the tell tale signs of iron deficiency and take the necessary precautions to avoid the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific child related problem, you can consult a specilized pediatrician and ask a free question.