Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha NagarYour feedback matters!
Well-chosen eating practices have much to offer athletes:
1. Fuel to train and perform at the elite level
2. Optimum gains from the training program
3. Enhanced recovery between workouts and between events
4. Achievement and maintenance of an ideal body mass and physique
5. Benefits from the many health-promoting components of food
6. A reduced risk of injury, overtraining fatigue and illness
7. Confidence in being well-prepared to face competition
8. Consistency in achieving high-level competition performances
9. Enjoyment of food and social eating occasions at home and during travel
Despite these advantages, many athletes do not meet their nutrition goals.
Common problems and challenges include:
1. Poor knowledge of foods and inadequate cooking skills
2. Poor or outdated knowledge of sports nutrition
3. Lack of access to dietitians /nutrition
4. Professionals or other credible resources
5. Inadequate finances
6. Busy lifestyle leading to inadequate time to obtain or consume appropriate foods
7. Poor availability of good food choices
8. Frequent travel
9. Indiscriminate use of large amounts of supplements or failure to use evidence based supplements and sports foods in the appropriate way.
Good morning sir, I married 1 year before, due to m in police training I cannot meet frequently in intercourse, now I want child to conceive my wife so I request you kindly mention the ovulation dates after menstrual periods. Kindly give the information clearly dates. And my wife periods usually delay 2-10 days every month Kindly do the needful Thanking you.
My friend is 32 yrs old married lady. From one week she has itching, redness, swelling and white discharge from genital. She has a light fever, constipation and tiredness and burning and frequent urination also. Are these the symptoms of Gonorrhea?
My name is Lakshmmi Aparna. My age is 30, my husband age is 35. I got my periods on March 4. I am trying to conceive for almost 9 months. My health is good. My medical reports also normal. Can you suggest me any fertility medicine for conception?
So dont wait start keeping a food diary and revert back with me for any help!
I am 28 years old and smokes a lot. Me and my wife are trying for a baby. Her periods start on 2nd of every month. When is the best time frame for her to get pregnant? Is this smoking affecting our sex life. Please advice.
Type II Diabetes is also known as Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes Mellitus (NIDDM) or Adult-onset Diabetes. Diabetes mellitus is a syndrome characterized by increased level of sugar (glucose) in the blood due to deficiency or inactivity of hormone 'Insulin' that is absolutely necessary to monitor glucose metabolism of body. This is a metabolic disorder that is primarily characterized by insulin resistance, relative insulin deficiency and consecutively hyperglycemia. Diabetes is prevalent worldwide and if not attended properly, it may lead to serious complications.
Causes of Type II Diabetes:
Diabetes basically occurs due to defective insulin secretion combined with defective responsiveness of the body to the insulin (also called Insulin resistance). Due to both these factors, hyperglycemia starts occurring in the body. It is strongly associated with obesity and with increasing age. A strong inheritance pattern has been noted in cases of type 2 diabetes. Sedentary lifestyle, pregnancy, hypertension, cardiovascular diseases, etc pose as risk factors for developing Diabetes.
Type 2 diabetes can begin at any age though it is not very common in childhood. It usually begins with insulin resistance, a condition in which the body does not use insulin properly. At first, the pancreas keeps up with the added demand by producing more insulin but later it loses the ability to secrete enough insulin in response to meals. This ultimately results in Hyperglycemia (high levels of glucose in circulation).
Homeopathic Treatment for Type II Diabetes:
Diabetes is a constitutional disorder as it is an offshoot of constitutional defects (genetic factors, altered immunity) having an impact on the entire constitution of an individual. Hence it calls for an in-depth constitutional approach for its management.
Homeopathy is based on the principle that disease is a total affliction of body. Moreover homeopathy recognizes importance of the underlying causes such as genetic and inherited factors as the root of any ailment of the body. Homeopathic medicines prescribed on such criteria plays a crucial role in management of many deep-rooted, chronic, difficult diseases; one amongst them being Diabetes.
When we talk about diseases like diabetes, we talk in terms of management rather than cure. Homeopathic treatment along with intake of hypoglycemic drugs and/or insulin can prevent the progress and the complications associated with this condition. Moreover timely administered homeopathic medicines help in maintaining the levels of exogenous insulin and hypoglycemic drugs at minimum possible dosage and in preventing the further progress of the disease. However, it may be noted that there is no substitute to insulin in homeopathy. The role of a healthy diet and exercise cannot be underestimated along with all the above treatment measures.
I want to use viagra tablet is it safe? Nd which brand I have to prefer. Nd how to use it. Please help me in this.
Hey I had done sex on 3rd day of periods before ejaculation and after sex her period bleeding dosent took place. Is this a bad sign, is she get pregnant ? And sometimes she takes novelon TABLET , so is it good to take?
Being a mother is the greatest gift to womankind. With the most amazing feeling of being a mother, comes big challenges and responsibilities. The first and foremost being, keeping the baby safe and healthy. Providing babies their best start begins with breastfeeding. Doctors around the world recommend exclusive breastfeeding to begin within the first hour of a baby’s life and continue until six months.
A mother’s milk has no substitute. It is packed with amazing nutritional benefits, the absence of which can lead children at risk of malnutrition and various diseases. Breast milk is often being termed as complete food with added antibodies, enzymes, hormones and fatty acids extremely vital for a delicate immune system of an infant. Babies build their immunity in the first few years of their life and breast milk is critical to developing immunity.
UNICEF working on child’s rights and well-being world over promotes breastfeeding schemes across many countries.
According to UNICEF reports, a non-breast fed child is 14 times likely to die within first six months than an exclusively breastfed child. An estimated 8,20,000 children under the age of five could be saved each year with increased breastfeeding. However, Only 38% of infants globally are breastfed. Looking at India’s state, Malnutrition continues to be one of the greatest challenges. One cost effective, safe and smart intervention to curb malnutrition and decrease infant mortality is breastfeeding.
Let’s now look at the benefits of breast milk for infants and mothers:
- Breast milk is found to reduce the risk of respiratory tract infections, diarrhea, asthma, food allergies, leukemia, diabetes and celiac disease.
- Psychologists have long established the positive effects of mother’s touch in the emotional development of babies. In addition to this, breastfeed has positive effects on child’s cognitive development.
- Breastfeeding has amazing benefits for mothers. It is found to aid weight loss post pregnancy. It promotes better uterus shrinkage and delays menstruation. Lactating mothers naturally avoid pregnancy till they breastfeed. It reduces the risk of breast cancer, cardiovascular disease and rheumatoid arthritis later in life.
- Considering the benefits of this super natural milk, many countries have now adopted an international code of marketing of breast-milk substitutes. The code promotes breastfeeding and restricts marketing of infant formula milk. India along with many other countries signed it.
India has also begun with a baby friendly hospital initiative where hospitals educate new mothers regarding breast feeding and strictly discourage infant formulas wherever possible. The myth of feeding newborn babies with honey, water, sugar does more harm than good. Thus, it is vital to exclusively breastfeed the baby at least for six months before introducing other foods.
Ensure your child’s right to a healthy life through breastfeeding!