Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in saswad and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha KhadeYour feedback matters!
My date was on 9 but till today I din get my period. Many days have been paas. I my consuming WARF 5 mg tablet.
Ask any woman who had a baby in the last one year, as to what was one of her major complaints post pregnancy and the answer would be “stretch marks.” And, if you think of the belly as the only affected area, you are wrong! Even the breasts, calves and arms are affected.
The skin stretches beyond its limits in a short period of time and so these stretch marks appear. It is more common with women who have had excessive weight gain and with multiple babies. It is also hereditary and women with oily skin are less likely to have them. Also, women who regularly apply moisturizer have fewer stretch marks. However, there definitely are ways to both avoid and reduce the stretch marks.
Prevention is definitely more effective.
- Stretch mark creams can be used from day one of pregnancy, which can help reduce the formation of these marks.
- A good cream could also help eliminate existing stretch marks from earlier pregnancies, in addition to preventing new ones from forming.
- It is best to use the cream both during day and night after a warm shower. This will help the skin to absorb the cream optimally, making it more effective.
- Preventive lotions have a combination of cocoa butter, shea butter, honey, aloe vera and various oils including almond, castor, olive, vitamin E, and other essential oils. Each of them has their own effective way to control stretch marks.
- Other preventive measures include exercise, exfoliation using a scrubber and eating a diet which is low in zinc.
But treatment is the solution if prevention is not possible.
- Soon after pregnancy, try and use creams that contain cocoa butter, glycolic acid, various oils like almond, vitamin E, castor, and olive which will help manage the stretch marks.
- A good massage using these oils has proved to be one of the best ways to manage stretch marks on the belly and breasts.
- There are various on-the-shelf products nowadays for treating these marks, but use the one prescribed by your doctor. The way these chemicals get absorbed and excreted may not be clear to you and if you are breast-feeding, it is safer to consult a doctor before using such items.
- In addition to the creams, exercise and sufficient hydration are also essential to help stretch marks disappear.
- Laser surgery is another option which can do any of these 3 things – produce pigments in the lighter areas, improve collagen production in the depressed areas, or reduce the color of the darker areas in a stretch mark. Though offered widely, this is best avoided given the side effects.
Stretch marks are an integral part of pregnancy and it is best to let nature run its course after doing everything to prevent it or treating it safely. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, I am 34 years old female 38 weeks pregnant as on date. My due date is 8th March 2016 and my first day of last menstruation period is 2nd June 2015. I'd like to understand that my pregnancy was formed only after the 2nd June 2015. Is this correct?
You have suggested me hsg test and semen test but these test when we have to do, for me after menstruation or before and for my husband. In the morning or night, give me full description please. My husband age is 33 and my 25. I am having thyroid also, and taking the medicine in the 9'o clock because I get up at that time only. We are sleeping in the night 1 a. M in the morning because he is coming at that time. Both are not having any type of drug addicted like pan masala, smoking alcohol etc never. We are living a simple life, now we do not do intercourse also regular, in a month 3-4 times. Because we both are facing too much problem in our life so we dint do, Because we both want baby as soon as possible. So kindly help me.
People have a tendency to judge individuals by their looks, but never think about the Inner beauty, this reminds me a famous phrase.
“Don’t Judge a Book by its Cover!”
The above line holds deep meaning, it tells that we should not judge people by their looks and we should judge people by their heart and their inner beauty. Well you might have surely heard of phrases like ‘looks are often deceptive’, ‘all that glitters is not gold’ etc., All these phrases give us only one message and that message is don’t judge people by their looks.
However, in today’s world looks is given a lot of importance, it is indeed sad that people fail to see the good heart of people. People fall in love but they fall for looks, not for the heart. People waste a lot of money on beautifying themselves but do not give a penny to the poor.
We go to beauty parlors, saps, fitness centers to look good for others, some people even put on make-up while going to the gym and also while sleeping even if they know that it is not wise and good for the skin to wear make-up 24×7. The beauty industry is flourishing because we are contributing to it.
Instead of spending loads and loads of money in beauty parlors and fitness centers, one can use natural methods to beautify them, and watch their food and go for a walk daily to reduce their weight.
Let me tell you one thing, one fine day you are going to grow old and your beauty is going to fade. The same people who admired your beauty are going to frown on your wrinkled face and hunched body. The only beauty, which lasts, is eternal beauty.
If you are beautiful in your words, gestures, actions, mind and soul people will remember you and look up to you even after you grow old.
They will remember the beauty of your presence, the way you used to laugh without any restrains, the way you used to love, the way you used to take care of people and the way you lived your life without giving a damn on what people think. That is true beauty.
There are two kinds of beauty, inner beauty and outer beauty, but make sure that you choose well and decide how you want to be remembered and for which beauty you want to be remembered?
A baby should be breastfeed for at least the first few months after birth. Breastfeeding has a number of benefits for both the mother and child. Apart from being the best source of nutrition for the baby, it also helps the mother and child bond.
Here are a few benefits of breastfeeding your baby.
- Nutrition: No formula can be compared to the nutrition provided by a mother’s milk. The first milk produced by a mother’s breasts is known as colostrum which is rich in antibodies and proteins. Breast milk is made up of the perfect mix of proteins, vitamins and essential fats. It is also easier to digest as compared to formula feeds.
- Immunity boost: A mother’s milk is rich in antibodies and helps strengthen the newborn child’s immunity. These antibodies also help lower the baby’s risk of developing asthma or allergies later in life. Babies that are breastfed are also said to have a lower risk of suffering from ear infections, respiratory problems and diarrhoea. It also plays an important role in lowering chances of sudden infant death syndrome. Breastfeeding is also said to protect babies from certain types of cancer in infancy and later stages,
- Bonding: While being breastfed, a baby is held close to the mother and has skin to skin contact. This makes the baby feel secure and helps him or her to bond with the mother. For the mother, this process can also help fight postpartum depression and help reconnect with the baby.
- Healthy weight: Babies who are breastfed are said to be less likely to develop obesity. This is because breast milk has lower levels of insulin as compared to formula and babies who are breastfed have higher level of appetite and fat regulating hormone called leptin. As they grow, these babies put on a healthy amount of weight, but refrain from overeating and have healthier eating patterns. This helps maintain a healthy BMI and prevents diseases like diabetes etc.
- Boosts intelligence: Studies show that babies who were breastfed for the first six months have a higher IQ than those who were not. Thus, breastfeeding is said to play a significant role in cognitive development. There are two main reasons for this. Firstly, breast milk is said to fatty acids that are not available in formulas, Secondly, the emotional bonding between mother and child is also said to contribute towards boosting IQ levels.