Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manisha Kadam
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha KadamYour feedback matters!
Dear doctor, pls tell me the correct answer. Pls pls If one's weight is reduced due to chronic anxiety, what cholesterol will be reduced in his blood too? I'm male, age- 29.
For e.g. I lost somebody close last year and since then feel very depressed and prefer keeping to myself all the time .Please help me.
Hello doctor for me always the sex mood is occur in my mind so how to clear it. Please give a solution otherwise can I do sex with neighbour girls. Please give suggestions to clear it. Do not think wrong sir. Thank you.
I am 23 years old and I am addicted to negative thinking and I had lost a lot of my time due to negative thinking. I don't go to office because I negative visualise myself that I will create a mess when I use western toilets ,I don't travel to unknown places as I had negative visualizations that I will not get down at desired station due to crowd in the bus, I don't go for running in the morning as I had visualization that people are laughing at me. When I run When people are talking with me I feel that they are making fool of me. They are talking about me and saying about me.
My father got forget things to do and person names he had mirgi attack 14 years ago and he was taking aptril medicine. What should I do to make memory fast.
In the fast paced world today, everyone is in a hurry to get things done and thus, sleep disorders, chronic stress and anxiety are natural outcomes. They may appear to you as very common and do not concern much. But in reality, they can be extremely harmful to your health. High blood pressure and diabetes are some of the most serious results of chronic anxiety and so these must not be neglected. Though there are uncountable ways of treating these problems, it is better to start with Ayurvedic home remedies as they can cure you completely of anxiety and depression without causing any side effects.
Drink a cupful of chamomile tea when you are feeling anxious
Chamomile contains apigenin and luteolin, which are known for promoting relaxation. A recent study conducted at the University of Pennsylvania Medical Centre reports that the patients who are detected with generalized anxiety disorder and took chamomile tea supplements for 2 months, experienced a significant reduction in anxiety and depression symptoms as compared to those patients who were given a placebo.
Try to have about 3 grams of Omega-3 a day
There is enough evidence that Omega-3 fatty acids help in easing anxiety symptoms as well as lifting your mood by reducing the stress chemicals like adrenaline and cortisol in the body. You can have canned fatty fish like tuna, salmon along with a handful of walnuts and flax seeds with warm milk as these are all great sources of Omega-3 fatty acids.
Breathe in lavender when you are stressed out
People who receive a regular massage with lavender oil are found to be more confident and optimistic and less anxious. It can even lower down the systolic blood pressure, which is related to the stress levels. You can also add a few drops of lavender oil in your bath as well as your pillow. If you want an immediate release from stress, then adding a few drops in a cup of hot water and inhaling it right away can be a great option. Lavender oil can be used in any form you want. So you may dab a few drops right on your skin as lavender is one of very few essential oils that can be directly applied.
Anxiety itself is very harmful, and it even paves the way for more severe ailments. If you had been suffering from anxiety and chronic depression for quite some time, then it is advisable to try these home remedies before popping in those anti-depressants with loads of side effects. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Hi my wife she is 33 years old having anxiety and hypertension problem from last one and half year. Dr.Treatment is going on but still the problem is there Many time she feel more stress and got faint .I would like to ask you Kindly suggest some more treatment apart from the medicine so that she can recover soon.
Hello sir / mama my self aniket basically I am student and I was good at all. But since few months I have been suffering with mentally retarding problem like I am studying ad working on work but not getting results. Like I have known all things but at the exam I am blanked. Now these things have become so major that I can't be normal. Some time heart says I should give up .not to see ahead, no need of survive such kinds of thoughts are drawing In my mind. I was not like as I am now. I am so fed up with my self. Plzz give suggestion if there is any cure of it. Even I can't think anything now.
How Smoking Impacts Your Organs
As you inhale cigarette smoke, about 7000 carcinogens stir the crevices of your body. In India, about 3,00,000 people die every year due to smoking-related issues.
Here's a list of 5 such organs, which are the most affected by cigarette smoke.
1. Your lungs - Your lungs are probably the first organs to bear the wrath of cigarette smoke. Majority of the lung cancer cases are due to smoking. Other diseases include bronchitis and emphysema. This smoke paralyzes the cilia lining the inner walls so much so that it overproduces mucous. When the mucous builds, respiration suffers. Asthma and cancer follow.
2. Your Skin - Your skin also gets affected up to a huge extent if you smoke. You could have deep circles under your eyes, wrinkles on your skin, and stretch marks, if you continue smoking over time. Also, there lies the risk of major health issues like skin warts, psoriasis, skin cancer, and wounds, which may take longer to heal.
3. Your Penis - Studies revealed that you can take longer for an erection and find it difficult to maintain it if you are a heavy smoker. Studies have also revealed that men who quit smoking had longer and firmer erections.
4. Your Liver - Smoking increases the chances of you suffering from liver cancer dramatically. According to studies, half of the liver cancer cases are due to smoking. Obesity can also take place if you're a heavy smoker.
5. Your Eyes - Smoking affects your eyes to the extent of making you blind. Partial vision loss, glaucoma, cataracts, dry eye syndrome, and diabetic retinopathy are some of the other diseases you are susceptible to if you smoke.
Despite the negative effects, quitting smoking can save you from all of these potential health hazards.
Here are some ways to help you quit smoking.
1. Nicotine Replacement Therapy - There are a few nicotine replacement tools in the form of nicotine nasal sprays and nicotine inhaler, which you can use to quit smoking.
2. Chew on something - You should try to chew on some candy, or a gum, or anything crunchy and satisfying once you start getting restless for a cigarette or any other form of nicotine. That usually helps.
3. Relaxation techniques - If you are resisting tobacco strongly, it can be very stressful indeed. Take a break from whatever you are doing and go out for a walk, practice muscle relaxation, yoga or deep breathing to keep the craving out of the way.
4. Get involved in some physical work - Getting involved in some work will surely go a long way in reducing your craving. You can also try out physical exercises like squats, running, or jogging. Otherwise, you can also indulge in some needlework, or anything, which involves concentration or physical work.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!