Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychologists from across India. You will find Psychologists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Sex Addiction Counselling
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Drug Abuse and Addiction
Counselling And Stress Management
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Nicotine De-Addiction Treatment
Management of Parenting Issues & Doubts
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha KadamYour feedback matters!
I am 20 year old, please tell me a healthy died to increase brain power, for sharp memory, it will help me in study.
I am 31 years old. I don't like people I don't want to talk anybody. I rarely laugh and if I do I think its only to show people. I always fight with my husband in minor things I sometimes say lies and have fight with my husband. I often want to do suicide. Please tell me what to do?
Hi, I sometime feels that I am going through a depression phase but not sure about that. Is there any specific way to confirm and analyze?
My brother used to take cannabis (marijuana) hash and weeds, and he suddenly withdrawn it and after a week started showing psychosis symptoms which led him to not able to sleep for five days, continuously, only an hour day for these five days, after that I consulted a psychiatrist, he gave few medications, but I am not satisfied with the dose as he prescribed DIVAA OD 1GM, can this be cured without any medication and only with psycho treatment by improving the surroundings? I got him to a trip to lucknow and he got refreshed and recovered fully and when I shown his videos what he was doing during attack he was laughing and suddenly after 5 days of full recovery again a psychosis attack? What to do? Please help me.
I feel hyperactive in depressed situation that time increase heartbeat too much, sweating. I have been facing this since my high school education (I felt seriously tensioned about exams). My heart is sometimes pain and in brain area also I felt same.
Overcame Stammering problem please Advise? I am 20 Years Oldd. Problem As 1 Year Old To Continues, please Answer in Telugu Translation plzzz advice.
I am a 21 year old boy I was depressed for 3 months because I got my exam bad during this I took lot of depression medicine but this had affected my sexual interest but now I am not taking any medicine but my sexual interest has extremely low I have no sexual desire .but earlier I was so romantic that I always think of sex when I saw ass of any sexy girls and their ass my penis automatic ally gets erected. I miss those feelings please doctor do something to bring back my those feelings I miss those feelings please sir help me please sir (with crying)
My age is 23 year and I m student. I have a problem relating to understand any topic. I read and learn all the topics but after some weeks or months forget all. What should I do?
I have problem that what has not happened with me still I think about it and get tension for eg:- though I know that I didn't had a fight that day but still I think that I had fight and then I always try to confirm to my friends what happened that day though I know nothing has happened. This what my problem, please tell me what is this behaviour and how to cure it, it's urgent because I am not being able to concentrate in my studies due to this problem.
Hi I am a student and suffering from memory loss. Which is very irritating. Cant remember any thing which I read. Please give some suggestion.
I am 26 years male. I am so much frustrated with my success. Help me with this to obtain my confidence. Please advise,
Hello. I am. 18 years old and. I am in depression. My mental health is not so good. I am suffering from headache. What I do. Plz give full daily routine chart for this.
Panic disorder is a condition that strikes without reason or caution and can be serious. Indications of panic disorder usually include sudden attacks of panic and anxiety, in addition to physical side effects, such as sweating and a pounding heart. During a fit of panic, the reaction is based on the circumstances, which may not be threatening in general, but triggers a feeling of panic. After some time, a person with a panic disorder builds up a consistent fear of having another fit of anxiety, which can influence the every day functioning and lifestyle in general. Panic disorder usually occurs alongside other conditions like depression, liquor abuse, or drug abuse.
You might experience the ill effects of a panic disorder if you:
- Encounter frequent, unforeseen fits of anxiety that are not attached to a particular circumstance or event
- Stress over having another fit of anxiety
- Are trying to avoid the places of your precious panic attacks
The most common symptoms of a panic disorder are as follows:
- Trouble relaxing and feeling uneasy most of the time
- Beating heart or abdominal pain with a feeling of nervousness
- Serious irrational and emotional fear
- Feeling as if you are out of breath
- Feeling as if you are being choked or smothered
- Dizzy spells
- Trembling or shaking
- Sweating constantly
- Feeling nauseous or having a stomach ache
- Shivering or numbness in the fingers and toes
- Sudden chills or hot flashes
- A fear that you are losing control or are about to die
While a single panic attack may just last a couple of minutes, the impact of the experience can leave a long lasting impression and make you susceptible to more such attacks. In case you have this issue, the repetitive fits of panic take an emotional toll. The memory of the fear that you felt during these attacks can affect your self-confidence and cause interruption to your regular day-to-day existence. In the end, this prompts to the following panic disorder effects:
- Expectant uneasiness: Instead of feeling like yourself in the middle of panic attacks, you feel tensed and on edge. This uneasiness originates from a dread of having future attacks of anxiety. This fear is seen more often than not, and can be extremely disabling at times.
- Phobic avoidance: You start to stay away from specific circumstances or situations. This might happen since you are maintaining a strategic distance because of your previous panic attack. On the other hand, you may stay away from areas where escape would be troublesome or help would be inaccessible in case you had a fit of panic.
- Medicines: Medicines can be used to control or decrease a majority of the side effects of panic disorder. Even if medicines do not form a part of the main treatment, when combined with other treatments, medicines are very effective. Eg. therapy and lifestyle changes. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a psychiatrist.