Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 27 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
Flexible Partial Dentures Procedure
Acrylic Dentures Procedure
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manisha GarudYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from burning tongue problem for around 7 years. Usually it is not painful. But very rarely it is like 'I have taken boiled water's. But it will be OK after one or two days. Took medicine for some time. But it was not helpful to cure the same. Is anxiety is the cause of burning tongue? I so have high BP too for the last three years.
Hello Doctor, my one front teeth half is broken when I am in school now I have only half teeth. I want to back my full teeth is there any treatment to get my full teeth please help me doctor.
I have blisters in mouth from about a month and they give pain when I eat something spicy? what should I do to get relief.
When I eat some thing cold or hard things in my right side of the mouth I experience a huge pain in one tooth which is broken in one side. How can I get rid of it please help me?
Many times I feel like pinch on lower jaw to neck bone since last 3 months but not regular after 4-5 days ke gap pei. Pls help me why it happens what's the reason and how to cure.
I have suffering from gum bleeding while brushing n mostly it happens when I use a sensitivity toothpaste. I hav pyaria problem also. So wat can I do to solve this problem.
I am 38 year old having toothache in the wisdom teeth for last week. And also there is severe pain on chewing the food. Also there is sensitivity to hot stuff. Would you suggest some treatment.
My baby boy's teeth of front side broken at last six year and not come new teeth yet. What are solution this. Kya teeth neklwane page.
I am male aged 45 years healthy but due to high use of tooth pick in past, got space between maximum teeth in bottom denture due to which, now couple of bottom teeth are getting shaken. Please advice what to do?
Hi My tooth is paining a lot since yesterday. Its making me feel the whole left jaw is paining. What to do to get rid of this pain till I visit a dentist?
Teeth are one of the most precious parts of the human body. By playing a significant functional and structural role in aesthetics, facial appearance, and food habits, digestion and chewing, all efforts at maintaining them should be undertaken. As we all know, we have two sets of teeth, primary or deciduous and the permanent set. Let us discuss tooth removal in these two sets separately.
In the primary teeth, the main indication would be dental decay. If the tooth is severely damaged beyond repair with fillings, then removal could be an option, with two things considered. The primary successor will erupt within the next 6 months; if not, a space maintainer would be put in place.
Another reason would be if the tooth is beyond its lifecycle and is blocking the eruption of the successor, then it requires removal.
The permanent teeth, however, are a set that are meant to last for a lifetime and removal should be considered only as a last resort. With advances in dental treatment methods, gone are the days when removal would be an option for severe decay.
Some of the absolute indications for removal would be:
- Wisdom teeth: if it is erupting in abnormal position (flattened or crooked), then removing them to avoid infection and impingement on other teeth needs to be considered. Wisdom teeth infection is one of the most common causes requiring tooth removal.
- Recurrent infections: If a tooth has been root canal treated, but continues to have ongoing chronic infection, it could be a case for removal.
- Malformed or supernumerary teeth: These may also block eruption of other teeth into the mouth.
- Orthodontic treatment: In cases where the jaw size is really not sufficient to realign the mal-positioned or crooked teeth, the first premolar is often sacrificed, and this space is used to align the other teeth.
- Injuries: In case of accidents or injuries with jaw fractures, teeth in the line of fracture may need to be removed.
- Preparation for dentures: In cases of severe periodontal disease, where the mobility of the teeth is high and complete dentures are being considered as an option, teeth removal may be planned. Also, if there are teeth which are in the line of fixed partial dentures, again removal might be planned
- Radiation therapy: For head and neck cancer patients, if there are teeth in the line of radiation, then removal might be planned.
Unlike in the earlier years, the absolute indications for removing tooth have changed. A thorough examination, both oral and radiological, should be done before zeroing on extraction.