Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Manish ShahYour feedback matters!
From 14th Aug, she developed fever. We consulted local paediatrician nad he prescribed calpol syrup along with antibiotic. But the fever kept coming back after the effect of the dose subsided. Next day she complained of stomach pain. Doctor advice blood tests which was done. Reports were ok with no trace of malaria and dengue. Till today there is a tinge of fever at all times. Of late she has sometimes stomach pains and has to clear her stomach multiple times to get relief. Please suggest if its normal and will subside or we need to consult elsewhere?
I recently noticed that my eyes are going deep inside. I'm worried now. I normally sleep 7-8 hrs a day. Im going to gym daily from last 2 years. I sit infant of pc for 4-5 hours.
my daughter age 4 every 15 days she have cough n cold cough comes continuously during night it comes more right now I am giving levolin syrup please help.
I am looking for a good dentist. My son who is 3.5 years old, has carries in front teeth. Is that curable?
My child is 4 year and 10 month old. I take proper oral care of him, still he has bad odour in his mouth, especially after he wakes up in the morn and in the afternoon. Can I use listerine mouth wash? please suggest.
The tooth is made of 3 layers, each with unique characteristics and specific function, the enamel, dentin, and pulp. The enamel is the outermost layer of the tooth and gives the tooth it's hard and lustrous appearance. The enamel is thicker on the crown than the root and is the first one to be affected by tooth decay. The only symptom when the enamel is decayed is food lodgment and discoloration.
The dentin is the next layer, which is composed of minute fine tubules leading from the enamel to the living portion of the tooth, which is the pulp. Once decay progresses from the enamel, the dentin is affected, and this leads to sensitivity in the teeth. When the root portion is exposed to the oral environment, because the root is covered by a more delicate substance called cementum, more severe dental sensitivity ensues.
There is a sharp, shooting discomfort through the tooth to specific foods, such as sweet, acidic, or hot or cold foods. The main reasons for tooth sensitivity include:
- Tooth decay, both crown and root caries
- Periodontal disease and gum recession
- Tooth erosion
- Aggressive tooth brushing
- Mouth breathing
- Bruxism or night grinding
However, there are some simple ways to manage sensitivity, which can be done regularly at home.
- Toothpaste made for sensitive teeth: Potassium nitrate has been shown to block the tubules and has been included as an active ingredient in toothpastes. These are very effective, and if you are brushing twice, this can be used instead of the regular paste once.
- Brushing: Both the type of toothbrush and the brushing technique can have an impact on sensitivity. Change to softer brushes and learn the ideal way to brush your teeth. A lot of times, rough brushing can lead to erosion and subsequent sensitivity
- Rinsing: Fluoride containing rinses have been proven to reduce sensitivity
- Food habits: Even before sensitivity sets in, being cautious to avoid acidic fruits and juices can help prolong the onset of sensitivity. If possible, consuming these food stuffs should be followed by brushing or at the least a thorough rinsing
- Sealants: If a person is prone to caries (deep pits and fissures, for instance), then it is advisable to get sealants applied on the teeth. This can reduce the instance of wearing of the enamel which then leads to sensitivity
- Mouth guard: If you are a night grinder, then a mouth guard can help curtail this habit and thereby reduce sensitivity.
There you go with how to reduce sensitivity. Try these simple, easy measures and go on to enjoy the sweets or hot or cold foods that you have always craved for.
Hi I want to know that my daughter is 5.5 month old she has trouble in stomach from last 5 days. What should I do. Which medicine I should give to her.
Diabetes or diabetes mellitus is referred to as a group of disorders that are characterized by a high blood sugar level. Diabetes mellitus occurs when the secretion of insulin (a pancreatic hormone responsible for converting the sugar from consumed foods into energy) is insufficient or the body cells do not properly respond to insulin. Insufficient secretion of insulin causes glucose formation in the bloodstream and mixes with the urine.
The psychological factors responsible for Diabetes Mellitus. In majority (not all), this disease originates with some recent stress in life. This disease is an epidemic in late thirties till fifties. In this age, a person is productive in his profession and most of the time there are job or financial issues that play a very vital role in generating stress and hence Diabetes.
Mostly, in my practice patients reported, before developing Diabetes, a recent financial loss or strain, love disappointment, a betrayal, or fear of loosing a job etc., sedentary habits, diet and genetic factors are secondary. Homeopathy keep such things in account before prescribing and in many cases Diabetes is irreversible. Thers is a vast field of diabetic complications where Homeopathy has a lot to offer. One of them is diabetic neuropathy. For example pain in soles, nerves, lack of energy, sexual dysfunction, mood disorders, diabetic ulcer etc.
Homeopathy For Diabetes
In homeopathy, the main focus is on functioning of the pancreas in efficient insulin production. There are specific medicines which are used effectively in the treatment of all the stages of the diseases.
Homeopathic treatment can help improve the general health of a person with diabetes:
If a person with diabetes is in good health, his or her insulin requirements will be steady and the blood glucose well controlled at the same time. Homeopaths resort to different approaches towards diabetes Management of Blood Sugar. First is when the blood sugar level is very high, the priority is to control it and there are homeopathic remedies that could reduce the sugar.
Homeopathy regards health as a state of balancing the equilibrium of the life force. Whatever treatment is taken it’s always advisable to be in regular touch with the doctor and keep sharing the health status with the doctor. The homeopathic preparations useful for diabetes are as follows:
Phosphoric acid: Useful remedy for diabetes with the symptoms of recurrent physical or mental exhaustion, loss of memory and numbness in the feet.
Abroma Augusta: This homeopathic preparation is useful for diabetics who show the symptoms of polyuria, an increased sensation of hunger and weakness in the muscles.
Syzygium Jambolanum: Useful in reducing the blood sugar level quickly and effectively. This homeopathic preparation is also useful to cure diabetics with the symptoms of polyuria, increased sensation of thirst and long-term ulcers.
Gymnema Sylvestre: This Homeopathic preparation acts as a useful remedy for diabetics who are experiencing the symptoms of weight loss with a severe lack in energy levels.
Uranium Nitricum: This homeopathic preparation is a useful cure for diabetes with the symptoms of depression, nausea, irregular urination, severe pain in the back, delayed menstrual periods in women, significant pain in the head and dry skin. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
My son is 7 years old ad he weighs around 24 kg. Since birth his immunity is low and very frequently he gets cold, cough, fever, flu etc. H also gets frequent headaches due to gastric problems leading to nausea and vomiting. Ost of the times he gets allergic and dry cough. Please advice medicine to cure cough and cold, headaches and for increasing immunity.
My baby is 8 months ,he is still not started crawling. Is it normal ,or he getting any vitamin deficiency. Please answer.
My wife infected with chicken pox, today she found the symptoms. We have a baby breast feeding baby of 9 weeks age. What are the precautions we should take now.
My child, age 4 years at present is suffering from cough problem since 2 years. He often get severe cough with light breathing problem. After we trying giving him some home treatments after 1 hour cough goes by itself. Sometimes persist more longer. Tried allopathic and homeopathy medicines. It's like mild asthma. I want complete treatment for this problem otherwise his lungs are being much stressed during that cough.
Hello sir We have a baby who is 3 years old and we have give her formula milk sometimes. For how long can we keep the prepared milk ? I mean can be keep it for 1 hour if she does not take it right away ? Thank you.
My 5 year daughter has asthma. What is the effect of using an asthma preventer long time? I heard that using for the year might cause bone shrinkage. Is it true?
My daughter is 3 months and 10 days old, her weight is not increasing she is 4.7 approx now and also she was diagnosed with hypocalcemia when she was born, her eyes rolled back, she was in NICU for 2 days. We have been giving her calcium syrup. Please advice.
My son was doing white clay color potty from past 3 days and had gone to the doctor and has told to take usg abdomen, lft, cbc as he suspects liver haemangioma because he has haemangioma in half of his face. Physically he checked and wrote as enlarged spleen and liver is this a major issue. Kindly help as its very tensed.
My girl child has Down Syndrome. She is 5 years old now.Her speech is delayed.She has tonsils.Due to tonsils she has week imuue system. Please give me some sujeshion. Thanks
Dental care is of utmost importance. Poor dental health can cause you several problems, from a mild toothache to severe pain. Here are 10 foods which will help you maintain your healthy teeth. Read on to find out more about it:
- Cheese: Cheese, particularly aged cheese like Cheddar, Swiss and such are beneficial for your teeth. They increase the pH scale in your mouth and effectively prevent tooth decay. It also consists of protein and calcium, nutrients required for strengthening your tooth enamel.
- Yogurt: Like cheese, yogurt also contains calcium and protein for tooth enamel. Probiotics or the beneficial bacteria present in yogurt are good for the gums as well.
- Leafy Vegetables: Spinach and kale promote oral health. They contain calcium, which is good for your tooth enamel. They contain folic acid, a B vitamin which has a lot of health benefits and also helps to prevent gum disease.
- Apples: Apples contain high fiber and water, which are beneficial for your teeth. While eating an apple, a lot of saliva is produced which washes away the bacteria present in the mouth.
- Carrots: Carrots are also crunchy like apples and also contain high fiber which is beneficial for teeth. They also contain vitamin A which is also highly beneficial.
- Celery: Celery contains vitamins A and C which are very beneficial for the gums. They are also crunchy and hence help scraping away bacteria and food particles from your teeth.
- Almonds: Almonds are a great choice as they are low on sugar and have high content of calcium and protein.
- Strawberries: Strawberries are very beneficial for your teeth. Strawberries consist of vitamin C, different antioxidants and malic acid, which help in naturally whitening your teeth.
- Garlic: Garlic contains a substance called 'Allicin' which has strong anti-mycobacterial properties, and is thus beneficial for your teeth. It helps to prevent periodontal disease and fight tooth decay.
- Meat: Meat in general is beneficial for maintaining healthy teeth. Meats consist of a lot of protein, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients which are important for healthier teeth.