Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Mangesh PatilYour feedback matters!
My wife is 38 years old. She has a back ache and the pain extends to the toe of right leg. She has pain while walking. Also. When she gets up in morning its very difficult. Feel numbness in leg many times and feels as a nerve from back to toe is paining.
Sir, Mai muzaffarpur ka hu mujhe meri age 25 years h mujhe right leg mai faileria h 10 saal se mai homeopathy dawa kha raha hu but koi labah nhi ho raha h please suggested me.
My Grandfather is 80 years old. Recently he fell on a Railway platform. As a result his left Femur got fractured, to be precise his left femoral head cracked. Doctors have suggested a surgery for the same. Our concern is that his HbA1c is very low at 11 and his diabetes is under control now (below 100) is there any risk of infection or complications arising due to low HbA1c count and diabetes?
I am 55 year old male. For last one year my fingers and wrist gets stiff and aching while sleeping. Tests done so far have ruled out Rheumatoid Arthritis. Had hypothyroid which is under control after taking medicine. Now often my shoulders also ache. My uric acid is also often at higher border limits. Pl suggest some remedy.
I am a 25 years old, from last 3 months I am feeling backache but not regularly, can you please suggest me the right postures for sitting, also feeling same ache whenever sleep. I used to sleep on floor, even I am getting ache. Whenever I fold my left leg for 3 mins, it's sensing some ache over there. Is there any connection between lower back pain and leg?
Hi I'm 21 years old. 4 weeks ago after a long time of many years I went for swimming. Usually I know how to swim but I haven't been practicing for a long time. While swimming I get a hard stroke in my lower back which causes me a hard pain I thought that I was normal issue because it was a long time for me to do any heavy physical activity but now after 4 weeks im having the same pain and now pain is increased day by day. What to do ?
I am 60 years and suffering from body pains particularly backache. During the last 6 years my weight is in excess ranging between 78 to, 85 KGS. I have tried it to reduce around 70 KGS but failed. I am 5' 7' and presently 85 kgs.
Hi, I'm 28 years old, diagnosed with cervical spondylosis. Recently Im suffering from severe acid reflux. I can actually feel the acid coming in my mouth while lying down. It has made me very scared. Also I feel heaviness in my left side and burning sensation. Please help.
Osteoarthritis (OA) is a degenerative disease that affects the various bone and joints health, leading to painful movement and thereby limiting the patient's mobility. Knees, hips, joints of hands and legs are affected.
Symptoms of OA
The symptoms revolve around the bones and joints including:
- Pain and stiffness of the joints
- Swelling of the joints
- Inability to form a clench
- Difficulty holding things
- Stooped posture
- Weakness of legs and hands
- Reduced height over time
Treatment options in allopathy are limited to nonsteroidal analgesics to control pain and in severe cases, surgical correction, in case of OA. However, homeopathy takes into account the triggering symptoms, the associated symptoms, and the status of the immune system before deciding on a treatment regimen.
With this holistic approach, homeopathy achieve the following:
- Reduce the pain, swelling and stiffness
- Slows the pace of further degeneration
- Improves mobility of the affected joint(s)
- Improves the body's overall immune system, thereby allow the body to promote healing on its own
- Homeopathic intervention in the early phases is particularly helpful, as it will arrest disease progression
- It also enable better absorption of minerals and nutrients essential for bone health. This allows healing of existing bone fractures and avoids further bone damage by strengthening the bones
- Homeopathic treatment also enables the body's chemical state to withstand stress and illnesses better
- It vitalizes the body's natural healing and ability to repair itself, to create a better state of health and well-being
Some of the popular homeopathic medications based on areas and associated symptoms are listed below:
- Bryonia Alba: Pain worsened with movement, relieved with rest; associated with swelling and stiffness of the joints; difficulty in climbing stairs.
- Calcarea Carbonica: Swelling and pain that is worsened when getting up from a seated position. The joints feel cold and painful.
- Sulphur: Worse with climbing stairs, prolonged standing, feeling of warmth in the knees.
- Colcynthis: Cramping pain improved by pressure.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: Pain when getting up from a seated position.
- Pulsatilla Nigricans: Associated with muscle stiffness and cramping.
- Antimonium Crudum: The pain pain gets worse in cold weather, improved by applying something warm)
- Benzoic Acid: There is an associated crackling sound when the fingers are moved or if there are nodes in the area of joints. . The urine is highly offensive in these people.
- Calcara Fluorica: There are stony hard nodes formed in the joint area, greatly reducing the mobility.
These medications are safe, completely natural, do not induce habit formation, and are approved by FDA. They don't just treat the symptoms but help manage the patient as a whole. This justifies why homeopathy is definitely a good option in treating osteoarthritis. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
She has back pain while standing long hours in kitchen from last 1 week. We want some calcium dose consultation for her. She was thyroid (TSH) diagnosed 3 years back and since then she is taking 1 tab of thyrofit 25 mg empty stomach daily. With this dose her thyroid level is normal. We get her thyroid checked every 6 month. Previously she was also taking Calci-G 100 mg for calcium intake. Can we go with this medicine further.
I am a 26 years male having backache from two three days tried some common painkillers but no relif please help.
I am 23 years old and I am having backache from the last 2 yrs. I had consulted with doctors and they said that its not major but still I do habe these pains frim lower back to shouldera blade. Please advice.
I have pain in my both shoulder joint. Sometime it seems that the joints are getting loose. I have this problem from 6months. My age is 20 years. So what I can do?
I am a 39 old male and have leg pain issue from long time. My legs below knees pain very much. It feel like hot and pains when I seat or going for sleep. Consulted doctors and taken calcium tablets as well as B12 treatments. In summer pain is increasing. More pain in foots.
Hello sir, My uncle has met with brain stroke 3 years back. As of now he is gud but his left hand is just like we keep the hand when fractured and his fingers are closed just we close our fingers. Nerves are clumsy and are not free to move. His ring finger makes all fingers to be close. His fist is always closed due to tight fix of nerves. Is there any injection to free up nerves so that he can easily open and close his hands.
Helo doctor. My right hand fracture below the small finger. Wat foods I have to eat nd suggest some advice.
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a painful one that is born from a strain on the median nerve, which loops through the wrist bone to connect it with the rest of the hand and fingers so as to promote motion. This condition can be a painful and debilitating one that usually starts at night, and affects the various fingers, especially the thumb and index finger. The symptoms include numbness, a tingling sensation, a weak grip, and the inability to do many tasks that involve the thumb and index finger. There are many ways of treating this condition with the help of physiotherapy, steroids and corticosteroids. There are easier ways of dealing with this issue on an everyday basis, as follows.
- Wrist splint: It is a good idea to wear a wrist splint at night which will keep the bones and muscles stationary as the pain in this condition usually starts at night. This will also prevent further damage to the median nerve.
- Activity: Keep your activity to a minimum to give your hand and rest, in particular, some much needed rest from the pain, numbness and tingling. Further, you need to avoid activities that cause too much pain and numbness. Also, take care to keep your thumb and wrist straight during other activities so that there is less strain on the median nerve.
- Strength and flexibility: Many times, the pain from the wrist and fingers can spread towards the arm as well. In order to prevent this and to treat the pain on a more long term basis, it is important to turn to some mild exercise which can make the area more flexible and strong. This can include wrist twists which can be done ten times for each hand. One can also try Yoga to strengthen the joints in the upper body.
- Ice pack: Use an ice pack or ice compress on your wrist for ten to fifteen minutes each every few hours to help in relieving unbearable pain.
- Anti-Inflammatory medication: Patients suffering from this condition can also turn to non steroid medication that will help in bringing down the inflammation. This inflammation is usually responsible to a great extent for symptoms like numbness and pain which can halt various activities. These drugs may include aspirin, ibuprofen, and even naproxen sodium.
- Taking breaks: One must take regular breaks at work and flex the fingers and the wrist so that the painful bending posture does not make matters worse.
Ensuring that you manage your everyday functioning despite Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a matter of balancing your activities with rest. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.