Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mangesh Patil
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Mangesh PatilYour feedback matters!
She is having muscular dystrophy from past 15 years and she was able to walk little bit. Do you think this disease let the patient stay such a long period?
Good afternoon Doctor, I am 39 years old male after a road accident I am suffering from paraplegia since 2003 D9, D10 vertebrae was fractured there is no bladder and bowl control with no sensory and motor function below the naval point. Kindly please let me know is there any type of treatment is available in world so that at least I can start doing my daily routine work. Waiting of your kind reply
I am diabetic and feeling some pain in both of my shoulders. Library had suggested a medicine for this problem two years ago but I forgot it. Please help me out.
My mum had got L5 LS1 surgery at right side post surgery after few weeks after she found that there's infection near the surgery now she experiencing very bad at left back hip kindly suggest please as now she not able to sit or walk.
My wife twisted her ankle and the ligament tore. Doctor suggested to go for a plaster for at least 2 weeks. Please tell me how much would a synthetic plaster cost?
Mujhe cervical ki problem h neck shoulder mein pain hota h &legs mein BH hatheliya mein swelling ho jati h so pls give some suggestion.Please tell.
I am 19 years old from india. I got myself immunized with h1n1 flu vaccine a day ago and have been suffering from low back ache since then. I do not know if it is due to vaccine or my upcoming periods .what to do?
Hi Am suffering with foot pain. I feel like nims. No sense and burning. Am having. Sugar 230. Using homeo medicine. Suggest good medicine.
I am 29 years old , I have back pain from 3 months , I work in a IT industry , please suggest me any thing good.
Paralysis is characterized by loss of movement, muscle function, and sensation. The patient is unable to function normally in the aftermath of a paralysis attack. The disorder affects people in different ways. It is either partial or complete. It afflicts one or both sides of the body. It arises in one or several areas and can either be short-term (post a stroke) or long-term (due to spinal cord damage). There are different types of paralysis such as Monoplegia, Hemiplegia, Paraplegia, and Quadriplegia. Some symptoms that are associated with paralysis include loss of memory, loss of hearing, clumsiness, drooling, and changes in behavioural patterns.
Why Physiotherapy for Paralysis?
- Physiotherapy is recommended for people affected by paralysis for many reasons. Physiotherapy helps relax the muscles and boosts the flow of blood within the body. Patients are advised to use braces, splints, orthosis, and canes by physiotherapists to facilitate movement in their condition. Wheelchairs are also advised so that the patient can move about a little if they have lost sensation in the lower limbs.
- In case of brain injuries, the practice can reduce the swelling and promote healing.
- Paralytics are also given counselling sessions for boosting their morale. They are encouraged, educated by their practitioners and can go a long way in improving their condition.
- Physiotherapy exercises are also useful for restoring lost strength in the afflicted muscles, which, in turn, prevents deformity in the limbs. Physiotherapy exercises can restore sensation and subsequently the movement in the affected area.
- The health problems of the patients are also addressed during physiotherapy. Also, the underlying causes of the disorder are treated, and this helps in restoring mobility for the patient.
- Physiotherapy treatment helps the patient to adjust to daily life after suffering a stroke. The efforts are directed towards making them independent. As part of the treatment program, the patients are advised about various aspects, including exercises, surgical procedures, medicines and other self-care methods. Physiotherapy produces results over time and is not an immediate solution to the problem.
Paralysis – What type of diet should you go for?
- Physiotherapists advise the patients suffering from paralysis to eat a nutritious diet. Intake of B-complex vitamins is very important, such as vitamin-B12 and niacin, the patients can improve the functioning of their nervous system.
- Essential fats are also recommended due to their anti-inflammatory properties and ability to restore the health of the nervous system. Some food sources of these nutrients include walnuts, flaxseeds, beans, bananas, pumpkin seed oil, potatoes, and lentils.
- It is important to note that physiotherapy practices can help people with paralysis in several ways. Most importantly, the victims receive encouragement and counseling from the physiotherapists who guide them towards a treatment option that can help restore normalcy in their lives.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!