Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ayurvedas in India. You will find Ayurvedas with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ayurvedas online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Chemical Peels Treatment
Chin Reduction Treatment
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Restylane Vital Procedure
Vampire Face Lift Procedures
Asthma Management Program
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Hair Restoration Techniques
Head And Neck Pain Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Kshar Sutra Therapy Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mandar KetkarYour feedback matters!
Accumulating unwanted fat by poor eating habits and a sedentary lifestyle can lead to obesity which has become a prevalent problem among people of all ages. Obesity causes a number of serious conditions like cardiovascular problems, diabetes, high blood pressure etc.
Ayurveda has a holistic approach to ailments of all kinds. It not only cures physical conditions but also heals mental diseases and the treatments are effective with no side effects. The most important feature of Ayurveda is that it improves the overall health of an individual by a sustainable treatment. Here are five easy ways to reduce fat effectively by Ayurvedic recommendations.
1. Detox tea - Detox tea is a mixture of certain herbs which have the property to cleanse the body. It is a natural way to lose weight without subjecting the body to harsh chemicals. The tea flushes the toxins out of the system and boosts the liver and the stomach. It not only helps to eliminate waste but also to reduce bloating. Eradication of unwanted elements leads to weight loss and rejuvenation of the body. Cumin, fennel, and coriander are good choices for preparing a detox tea.
2. Yoga - Practicing yoga on a daily basis can make a huge difference when you are trying to lose weight. A relaxing yoga routine in the mornings will not only set the mood for the day but also boost metabolism. Yoga facilitates weight loss, flexibility and promotes good health. Breathing exercises with meditation can improve one's cognitive functions and prevent mental diseases.
3. Triphala - With its many beneficial properties, Triphala can be branded as a miracle herb. One of the ancient remedies, Triphala includes three super fruits of India which are amlaki, haritaki, and bibhitaki. Three of them have individual advantages that work together as an elixir for weight loss.
- Amlaki is packed with antioxidants that reduce inflammation, maintains healthy blood sugar level and leads to lean body mass.
- Haritaki helps to cleanse the body by eliminating wastes from the colon.
- Bibhitaki eradicates body fluids and reduces accumulated fat.
Triphala is a powerful combination of herbs which can be consumed with lukewarm water.
4. Curry powder - Ayurvedic treatment instructs to include six tastes in a meal which are sweet, sour, salty, bitter, pungent and astringent. A mixture of all these tastes will create a unique flavor that will enhance the digestive system and help melt away the fat. Ayurvedic churnas are a mixture of several herbs with different tastes and properties that are added to Indian dishes to create flavor. Coriander, fenugreek, cloves are some of the herbs present in the churnas
5. Massage - Gharshana is an effective Ayurvedic massage performed with silk gloves and can be done at home. It gives a calming sensation that energizes and rejuvenates the body. It is well known for reducing cellulite and bloating by promoting better circulation and lymphatic drainage.
Related Tip: 7 Tips For Fat Loss?
Lung diseases are some of the most common diseases suffered by human beings throughout the world. Smoking and infections are responsible for most lung diseases. The lungs perform one of the most important functions of the body. It is also one of the most active organs in the human body and hence lung problems can arise due to problems in any other part of the body.
Some of the most common and infectious lung diseases are discussed below...
- Asthma: Asthma is a common long term disease which is characterized by reversible airflow obstruction and bronchospasm. The symptoms of asthma include coughing, shortness of breath and tightness of chest. These symptoms may occur frequently during a day and depending on the person, it may become worse during night or during a certain exercise.
- Pneumonia: Pneumonia is another common lung problem which is suffered due to inflammation in the microscopic air sacs in the lungs known as alveoli. Symptoms of pneumonia include dry cough, chest pain, breathing problem and fever. Pneumonia is caused most commonly by viruses or bacteria. It is also caused by certain medications and conditions which are popularly known as autoimmune diseases. There are a number of vaccines available to prevent certain types of pneumonia. Other methods include hand washing and refraining from smoking.
- Tuberculosis: Tuberculosis is a very infectious disease which is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis. Although tuberculosis generally affects the lungs, but it has been known to affect other parts of the body as well. Symptoms of tuberculosis include cough containing sputum with blood, night sweats, fever and weight loss. Air is an active medium for spreading tuberculosis. This happens when people who already have tuberculosis sneeze, cough or speak. Infection occurs more in those who have HIV/AIDS or those who smoke. Prevention of tuberculosis includes staying away and keeping those who are at high risk, early detection and treatment and vaccination.
- Mesothelioma: Mesothelioma is a type of cancer which affects the lungs. It affects the lining of the lungs and chest wall. Symptoms of mesothelioma include shortness of breath, swollen abdomen, cough, chest pain, weight loss and general lethargy. Mesothelioma is caused mainly due to exposure to asbestos. Those people who mine asbestos, produce products from asbestos, work with asbestos products are at high risk. Mesothelioma also results from genetical problems and due to infection caused by the simian virus 40.
- Pulmonary Embolism: This is a disease caused due to blockage of an artery in the lungs by a substance which has travelled from another part of the body by the bloodstream. Symptoms of this disease include chest pain, breath shortness and coughing up of blood. There may also be signs of blood clot in the legs. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.