Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mandar Daiephode
Submit a review for Dr. Mandar DaiephodeYour feedback matters!
Sir I am 21 years old boy. I am suffering from last few months. My problem is I have to go latrine 3 to 4 times in a day and also when I am doing walking and running there is also a pressure in lower stomach. I have been consulted a homoeopathic doctor. He told that it is a mucous problem and prescribed some medicine but there was no improvement please help me sir what should I do?
Suffering from big boobs how can I decrease it without any operation or without taking any tablets can you please help me.
I am suffering with acidity main problem is is mouth tast is very irritable and sometime vomiting feeling what medicine I can take? Now I am taking CyRa IT.
I had severe acidity. I was advised to give up milk and curd and cut down on travel. I have given up milk for the last ten years and now I have Osteopenia. Kindly advise.
Sir I am 34 years. My name is hansraj i have alser in my mouth from last 1 years i take so many medician but still not relief can you suggest?
I am 24 yrs old and from last few months I suddenly suffering from hyper acidity and it is allergic to some food items too. Kindly suggest me some proper antacids so that I can recover completely.
Stomach upset often.Fullness. Age 77. Vegetarian. No BP. No sugar. No smoking. No alcohol. Normal built. Seeking Ayurvedic treatment
I am so tired about my stomach problem and my digestive system is very poor so I am very thin and want to be a fit man. please help me.
Hi After meal or lunch stomach gets hard & heavy gases, because of that filling of tired. laziness,& loss of enthusiasm kindly suggest remedy.
Decrease salt in your diet
Less of soft drinks, tea and coffee
Less of green leaves like spinach and chulai and pumpkin, cauliflower, brinjals and mushrooms
Go for high fibre diet
Exercise and keep weight under control
Keep in touch with a urologist!
I underwent a Laparoscopy surgery on Mar 27 2016 for perforated appendicitis. But I am still having umbilical button pulling pain and mild lower abdomen pain and occasional loose stool. What would be the reason? How long will the pain persist?
The quote 'Good day starts with coffee' suits a lot of people who love nothing more than a cup of coffee every morning. However, your morning tryst with a cup of coffee might not be a very healthy habit. Believe it or not, addiction to caffeine (in the form of coffee) is as harmful as addiction to any other drug. In fact, caffeine is a legal drug that slowly and gradually damages your gastrointestinal tract. Here are the negative effects of coffee on your digestive system:
- Increases Acidity: Coffee is known to contain different kinds of oils, acids and caffeine. These compounds have an adverse impact on the digestive system. The stomach and intestinal linings get damaged due to the over-consumption of these compounds in the form of coffee. Moreover, as you take coffee, your stomach produces more hydrochloric acid for digestion. This causes acidity and hampers the HCL levels altogether. When we take coffee regularly for years in empty stomach, our body's capacity of producing proper amounts of HCL gets hampered. Often, HCL production gets reduced as well. This leads to indigestion of other food items and effects flatulence and produces unwanted gases due to the improper breaking of proteins and fats by the body.
- Ulcers and Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Doctors believe that coffee acts as an irritant for patients of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), gastritis, Crohn's disease, colitis and ulcers. Coffee is responsible for the irritation of the lining of stomach and intestine. It is also noticed that certain enzymes present in the coffee beans are also harmful to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Heartburn: Coffee is responsible for relaxing the esophageal sphincter muscle. The relaxation of this muscle hinders the process of digestion and causes acid-reflux, resulting in heartburn. It is known to have compounds that have diuretic, laxative and mineral blocking effects on the body.
- Laxative Effects: Coffee stimulates the process of peristalsis or movement of food through the gastrointestinal tract. The peristalsis starts immediately after food is swallowed by the individual. The intake of coffee catalyzes peristalsis and consequently leads to emptying of the stomach even before the food is digested properly. The semi-digested food is sent to the intestine too early, causing injury to the intestine and hampering the absorption of nutrients.
- Affects absorption of minerals: Caffeine reduces the ability of the stomach to absorb iron and also hinders the absorption of minerals like calcium, zinc and magnesium by the kidney. All these minerals help in digestion at different points and regulate the bowel movement.
Coffee is known to have benefits like reduction of constipation and sugar absorption. But, it also interferes with the smooth functioning of the digestive system. It has a tendency to increase stomach aches, disturb the fluid balance and the overall process of digestion. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gastroenterologist.