Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Manasi JadhavYour feedback matters!
On last Friday I was in office party an had drinks more than I usually do. After sometime I went to vomit. First time it was food that came out but second time it was blood with water while vomiting. I thought it was due to chicken which I had or just might be color of it. But yesterday early morning I was in office when I observed small amount of blood in my saliva. It was first time and didn't come again though after that I felt blood coming out of my gums. Nothing comes up after spitting again. Pls suggest.
Oral diseases are very common. Many of the patients fail to maintain proper oral hygiene. Consequently, they develop oral diseases like ulcers, bleeding gums and stomatitis. Although these diseases are not fatal to a great extent, they cause discomfort and embarrassment in public. Bad breath, pain, swelling and bleeding in the gums are some common symptoms of these diseases.
These diseases can be cured by allopathic means. However, homeopathic treatment is safer, cheaper and effective. You don’t need to take up expensive and invasive treatments. Here are some homeopathic remedies for oral diseases like Aphthae, Ulcers, bleeding gums and Ulcers:
- Borax: This is useful in treating apthous inflammation of the mouth. Aphthae refers to the occurrence of small white spots and ulcers on the mucous membrane of the mouth. It is caused due to fungal infection. It can be cured by the use of Borax mixed with honey. In case the patient suffers flat ulcers, soreness and salivation, mercurius is given. In acute cases of violent inflammation, aurum is prescribed.
- Baptisia: This medicine is prescribed for treating bleeding gums. If the patient is found to have developed ulcerated gums, cracked tongue and excessively bad breath, Baptisia can be given to them. The colour of the blood oozing out should be dark red.
- Nitric Acid: It is given to patients with whitish gums, acrid saliva and experiencing prickling pain. This is also good for patients with deep bluish ulcers and swollen salivary glands.
- Mercurius Solubius: It helps in healing ulcers and cures the pain. One can consume Merc Sol 30c three times a day for 2 to 3 days. It stops the re-occurrence of ulcers.
- Arsenicum: It can be prescribed to patients with sloughing ulcers. It is given to patients suffering from livid or bluish gums. If the patient suffers from canker sores, salicylic acid can be given.
- Kerosote: If a patient finds that black blood is oozing out of his or her gums, kerosote can be given to them. This helps in clotting of the blood quickly. This is prescribed for patients with dark and crumbling teeth and putrid mouth.
- Carbo Veg: This is given to patients who suffer from bleeding gums. If the patient notices blood oozing out from the gums while brushing, white tongue and general weakness, this medicine can be prescribe. It improves the process of oxygenation of blood.
- Phosphorus: This is the medicine for pregnant women. Sometimes, pregnant women suffer from bleeding gums due to hormonal imbalance. Phosphorus helps in curing the adverse effects of pregnancy hormones on the gums and oral region.
- Calcarea Carb: It cures bleeding gums. It is given to patients, who suffer from dry tongue at night. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
What happens when you have a cavity?
When tooth decay is limited there is no pain. All decay starts on the enamel. Sealants can be applied to reduce the acid attack on the teeth. If detected early, these can be very well managed by removing the decayed portion and filling it with tooth-colored composite resin restorations.Remember that even at a relatively late stage, when the tooth is broken / decayed badly it can built back to its original form.
Glass Ionomer Cement: This is used for small restorations, especially in primary or milk teeth in children, mostly for economic reasons.
Composites: Composite resins attach themselves to the tooth by a chemical reaction. The biggest advantage is that they can be made to match the tooth with the appropriate shade.
Dental Pain occurs when the complex supply of blood vessels and nerves (the Pulp) is affected by bacteria as they burrow into the tooth layers (Enamel and Dentin), along with their noxious by-products and acid. The deeper the decay enters, higher the chances of infection and increasing intensity of pain.
What happens when you have a root canal?
Severe excruciating pain is experienced, when decay reaches the pulp is usually with a set of aggravating factors either hot and / or cold. Root canal therapy is required to save the tooth.
Root Canal: In root canal treatment, basically the tooth is treated for the infection and all the diseased tissue of the tooth is removed and filled. With good treatment the pain should disappear in a few days. Remember that root canal can be done in single sitting and when done with adequate local anaesthesia (injection) they are pretty much pain free!
Usually a cap is required on the tooth. Ceramic Crowns or caps are being made of ceramic material more often; gradually it is becoming the most preferred option since this looks and feels very natural.
सर मेरी उम्र 23 वर्ष है मैं बहुत दिनों से गुटखा का सेवन करता था,जो कि मैंने 2 वर्ष पहले बन्द कर दिया था। लेकिन अभी भी मेरा मुँह नही खुलता कभी कभी मुह खोलने पर बहुत दर्द होता है मैं कुछ भी नही खा पा रहा हूँ कृपया उपचार बताएं।।।
My gums has effected Can grow once again my gums Pls give me a tips to grow my gums once a again. My age is 22 yrs.
Hello, I am 34 y old male and I have a dry mouth for last 4 months. When I drink water after 30 minute I need to water. What should I do
I have problem with bad smell. I want to avoid halitosis. Please suggest a way to avoid halitosis or suggest any medicine for it.
I am having tooth decay, even after filling the decay problem is still there what is the best solution to this.
Oral hygiene is a very critical issue which you should not neglect at any condition. Proper oral care helps your body in maintaining good overall health and also protects you from developing oral infections and diseases. For this purpose, regularly visiting your dentist is of paramount importance and additionally following his/her advice is also necessary. Dentists usually prescribe measures such as brushing your teeth twice daily, regular and frequent cleaning and dental flossing to ensure good oral health. Here are some benefits of dental cleaning which would surely motivate you to take good care of your teeth and gums.
1. Reduces risks of oral cancer - Oral cancer is a chronic condition of the teeth and the gums in general which can be fatal if left undiagnosed. To ensure proper screening of oral cancer, you should regularly visit your dentist for a dental cleaning.
2. Prevents gum diseases - Dentists are not only concerned about your teeth, in particular, they take care of your entire oral health. Thus, a dental cleaning minimizes your risk of suffering from any kind of gum related infections or diseases.
3. Brightens your smile - The dental cleaning procedure also ensures that you have a clean and a bright smile. It not only improves your external appearance but also gives you the necessary confidence to smile. It involves picking out of even the minutest particles of food that get stuck inside your teeth so that you can have a flawless smile to boast about.
4. Ensures easy diagnosis of oral problems - It also helps in the easy detection of any kind of mild infection or severe disease that is affecting your oral health. An early detection subsequently ensures timely treatment of your condition and hence a dental cleaning is required.
5. Prevent bad breath - Bad breath is also an oral condition and can be eliminated easily. Regular dental cleaning ensures that you have a pleasant breath by helping you maintain proper oral hygiene. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dentist.