Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Manali Ambegaonkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Manali AmbegaonkarYour feedback matters!
A fibroid tumour is made up of muscle cells that have escaped and come together to create a knot or a mass in the uterus. These tumours can occur due to a family history, and are usually known to occur for women patients nearing menopause. One of the most common symptoms is unusually heavy menstrual cycles. Let us walk you through the rest of the details.
* Types: Fibroid tumours can be of three types, mainly depending on the location. While submucosal fibroids can be found just under the lining of the uterus, intramural fibroids can be found between the muscles that lie on the walls of the uterus. Finally, the third type - subserol fibroids - go beyond the uterine wall to enter the pelvic cavity.
* Symptoms: Usually, there are no symptoms of these kinds of fibroids. There may be heavy bleeding during the monthly menstrual cycle, as well as swelling and pain in the abdomen. Also, prolonged bleeding is common when these kinds of tumours are present in the body.
* Cause: Fibroid tumours are mostly caused due to an overgrowth of the cells beyond the muscular walls that line the uterus. In such cases, the growth is further fuelled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. These hormones are usually at their highest level in the body, during the child bearing years of a woman. During menopause, these tumours are known to shrink before they eventually vanish. It is very rare to find malignancy in such tumours.
* Risk: Are you at risk? Well, that depends on your age, family medical history, weight and in some cases, even the ethnicity. These tumours are mostly found in women who are between the age of 30 to 40 years and continues through menopause. Obesity is also a major reason that gives rise to this condition. Further, women of colour are known to develop this more easily while a family history can also increase your chances of the same.
* Tests and Diagnosis: A pelvic exam and an ultrasound as well as a history of your menstrual cycle will help the doctor in determining whether or not you are suffering from this condition.
* Treatment: Non steroid anti inflammatory drugs can help in bringing down the swelling and pain, especially in cases where there is heavy menstrual bleeding. Birth control pills and patches with hormones can also help in such cases. Further, progesterone shots and iron supplements may be prescribed. Very severe cases may require surgery for removal with a myomectomy.
Remember to visit your doctor in case you see any nagging symptoms of fibroid tumours.
Hi. I have 1 month baby. My husband not satisfied sexual activity by using condom. We don't want baby 4 next 3 year. What should I do? I listen that by using copper T the sexual activity is very painful for women. It is true?
It is supposed to start my period on 5 or 6 of this month but still not started and i got sex last 18 february and i didn' t let the sperm there and it tested two times shows negative. And stilll no period plese help me.
I am more than 2 months late for my periods I had consumed 2-3 delay pills after I got my periods and got it stop I had intercourse with my partner and took ipill with 72 hrs. I took 3 pregnancy test n all were negative n my doc prescribed me meprate 10 mg once a day fr 5 days. Shld I increase dose to 2 tabs a day becoz I want my chumps asap? Any food to let my periods flow?
I am 23 years old having pcod and hormonal imbalance. Took krimson 35 last month due to irregular periods. But I have spotting problem and after 28 days I got periods but first day was spotting then next day is heavy then again spotting till 5 th day. Is this normal flow or I need to consult doctor.
Hi sir my wife is pregnant have second trimester (17 week) she is suffering from lower back pain can I give calicijoint cap. One cap. D3 Contain 60000 lU but calcium has not this cap.
My wife had 3 miscarriages and same reason 2 months ago baby's heartbeat loss so what could be the reason? Kindly advise.
My wife had two cysts in ovary both the sides. Last year in october we went to forte shalimar bagh and she was operated and both the cysts were removed. But last month when we again checked through ultrasound, two cysts on both ovary sides have come again. Now she is unable to conceive as we are trying for the same from the last one year. We have eight years baby boy but wanted to have one more but unable to go for it. What should we do now?
I am 32 year old lady suffering infertility problem . Doctors said no problem to me and husband. My marriage is two years before. Please give valuable suggestion.
I planned to take veg salad regularly and I am 7 months pregnant. Will it improves my skin texture and hair growth?
Hello doctor, I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed with a small size ovarian cyst (right ovary) one month ago. I completed the 21 day treatment. Doctor gave me femilon and height tablets. I am getting an unbearable pain in my lower back and lower abdomen. It's been 20 days now since I have stopped my medicine. I got my periods after completing the treatment. I got my last period on 8th august. One more thing, I never missed my periods, I was very much regular with my periods neither I had an sexual activity. What can be the problem for this unbearable pain?
Can PCOS cure. I was diagnosed with pcos but after delivery both the ovaries are normal. How this happened and what steps should be taken to prevent cysts in ovaries.
I'm 27 years old and I am getting swelling in my stomach which is sometimes fells very tight and since 4 months I'm not getting my periods also can you suggest any solution.
I am trying to get pregnant but I don't know why every time the home test is negative Thow I am felling every thing what a pregnant woman feel like back pain vomit etc please help me I can't say this to my family althow I am married but family is not that much supportive.
Some love it, some hate it because of the smell that stays behind. However, it is advisable to eat a lot of onions, as they are very good for your health.
Cooking the onions kill their medicinal properties. That is why red onions should be eaten raw and untreated. There are a lot of combinations, and if you're brave enough, you can eat it as a side dish almost every lunch. Today, we'll give you 7 reasons to add red onions to your diet.
Stops cancer cell growth
Onions are rich sulfur compounds that protect the body from stomach cancer, colon cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer and prostate cancer. They are also effective in fighting off bacteria in the urinary tract.
Raw onions increase the production of insulin. If you are a diabetic, you have a good reason to regularly eat fresh raw onions.
Fibers found in raw onions can help you in the fight against constipation. They force out toxins and hard food particles from your intestines.
Help for a sore throat
Make onion juice. It's great for healing colds and sore throats.
If you are tormented by nosebleeds, red onions can stop the bleeding. You can also smell onions for healing nose bleeds.
It protects the heart
Onions can help protect the heart from coronary disease. Onions can also control high blood pressure.
Controls cholesterol levels
Raw onions control cholesterol levels and lower bad cholesterol (LDL) in the blood.