Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Mahima ChandraYour feedback matters!
Eye power is -6.0;,prob no_ 1-often tearing, 2-sleepiness works, I often sleep 12-13 hour/day 3-how much time can I use smart phone? 4-ideal food to control or stop by raising of eyesight? Please help me getting rid of the 4 problems. Please please please help!
I am Diabetic and feeling its effect on my eyes some shadows in view what should I do ? Sugar level fasting 200 .is their any solution for this ?
How to take proper care of eyes or how can we get our spectacles removed as soon as possible? Do antiglayer lenses help from any further loss of eyesight.
I am 25 years old I having Cataract in both eyes becoz I am taking perdisionl bcoz of that side effects. I want to knw that how much time surgery of cataract can by delay?
I cannot slept at night from last 3 years n also my eyes are going red day by day by this cause how to get rid from this?
Sir, I have to pass psycho test in loco pilot. So please suggest me some tips for my eyes to be good and healthy at the time of medical of loco pilot.
My eye power is increasing continuously. Currently it is -3.75. I want to know how can I reduce the power or atleast stop it from increasing further?
My eyes gets dried while working on computer or while studying. I had undergone lasik laser two years back & since then I m facing this problem. Doctors had advised me to use optive eye drop till my last breath for getting artificial tears i. E. They said that I have weak tear gland. Please give some useful advice.
I have 3rd nerve palsy. From 2015. But now this time I want to operate squint surgery in my eye .for at least cosmetic appearance. Is it right decision. Doctor says that diplopia is not curable for me.
Hi I am 15 years old I have headache and my eyes burn a lot after I wake up in the morning what should I do?
From the last night my right eye is painting (very little) and today now when I woke up, I found it red (too much red) and I'm having problem. My eye sight is weak and left eye's sight is weaker than the right one. Please give me some suggestions what should I do.
I had a recent complete eye check up at a renowned hospital. All the parameters including retina where absolutely normal. There was only a small change in my eye numbers prescription. The number had in fact reduced by 0.5. On checking my eye pressure the doctor told me that the pressure was slightly high and gave me some eye drops for dryness. However, while doing the eye pressure check up, the bright round circle image which I was supposed to see in the machine has formed an after image in my right eye even when I keep my eyes closed. This image also forms when I slightly close my right eye. However when I completely open my eyes the image subsides. I can see the image whenever I blink my eyes. The concerned doctor who had done this test in the hospital said that this nothing to worry about and shall go. However, it is now more than two months since I had got my eyes checked the image is still forming whenever I close my right eye. Please advice.
I have eye problem I have taken medicine for that also but there is no use of that so plzz tell me wat should I do.
Eyeglasses and contact lenses are both used for vision correction. Both of the options have their advantages and disadvantages but a number of factors like lifestyle, comfort and age etc. are important while deciding which one to choose.
Here is a list of the fundamental differences between using spectacles and using contact lenses:
- Distance from the cornea: Lenses are worn directly on the eye and are in constant physical contact with the cornea while glasses are worn over the eyes. Contact lenses may cause infections in the eye because the user has to touch the eye in order to wear them and to take them off.
- Difference in vision: Since the lenses of spectacles are a little distance away from the eye, vision can be slightly distorted but contact lenses can provide natural and accurate vision. Also, side vision is not improved by glasses as you have to turn your head to see what is beside you. The contacts move around with your eyeballs and the peripheral vision is in focus.
- Ease of use: Some people find eyeglasses difficult to use because of the constant weight on the face and the obstruction caused by the frames of the glasses. There may also be a constant need to adjust the frames. Often eyeglasses slip down the nose when you sweat or engage in rigorous physical activity. Contact lenses are free from all these hassles - they are not distracting or obstructive and so they are extensively used by dancers and athletes. Spectacles is very uncomfortable to wear during the rains or in humid weather because they fog up.
- Infections and complications: Contact lenses can get displaced inside the eye and they can be difficult to reposition. They also cause the eyes to itch and water if you wear them for a very long time at a stretch or if tiny dust particles enter your eyes. The use of eyeglasses is far more flexible in this respect - they can be removed in case your eye itches or burns, but regular use of glasses causes dark circles and bags under the eyes.
- Aesthetic differences: People often prefer contact lenses as they do not change the physical appearance - they help you look natural and you can also use colored lenses to change the color of your eyes. Glasses may look slightly unnatural but some people also prefer them for the fashion quotient.