Lybrate.com has top trusted Gastroenterologists from across India. You will find Gastroenterologists with more than 40 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gastroenterologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ThombareYour feedback matters!
Sir, yesternight I saw blood coming from my anus when I was in toilet .it has happened to me for the first time ever. My friend advised me to wait before consulting any doctor so I have not consulted any doctor yet. I think it may be due to have fried chilli in extra amount . Also I had panipuri (type of fast dish in India) which was really spicy. So my friend said to wait me for this .so what should I do. I should wait or go to a doctor because it has happened to me first time only. I have never seen such type of blood coming out of my anus . Also i'm feeling weak due to bleeding. When it happened then I was in the condition that I would vomit but I could not .so sir kindly provide sufficient answer that I could survive. I really fear whenever I see blood . Thank you sir.
Dear doctor. M having stomach gas and acid problems. So what should I do for better solution in this situation. And also having fat in stomach.
I am suffering from diarrhea from last 2 years. Every day nearly 3 to 4 are compulsory. I had urology, blood test, stool examination last week but all those reports are normal. So, I want to know what the problem is.
I have a acidity problem. I do Breakfast at 7 am. But sometimes it gets late I eat it late due to works. Then that I'm getting terrible gas pain in right side. The pain is decreasing only after vomiting. Not every time I'm getting this pain only when I eat late.
I am facing some gas problem for last 20 days, I'm not taking any fast foods, I taking lite meal, some times I am feeling nausea in morning time, and having back pain some times, having headaches, nebulizer in belly, some times feeling dizziness.
We have a problem with my digestive system when we eat the food just after we have to go for fresh also body is too much fatty please suggest how to improve it.
Hi, I have been gymming for the past 5 months. Until 2 months I had no problems, I craved for more food. I usually do not take outside food/ junk food. I took Peanut protein powder protinex. After 2 months I had started experiencing indigestion, bloated stomach and eventually loss of appetite. I started losing weight. I had periods of loose motion and gastric trouble. Are these signs of any potential problems. Please provide some tips regarding any tests to be taken. A doctor in my town asked me to undergo endoscopy. Should I need to undergo endoscopy which costs around 4k. I need to gain more weight. Please help me. Thank you.
Heartburn is a burning sensation in the chest area caused by stomach acid backing up into the food pipe – the esophagus. Often, people experience heartburn after consuming some specific food or drinking a particular beverage. Many times Heartburn is mistaken for serious heart trouble and may push panic button in individuals, but it is still a cause for concern and disturbance.
You can get rid of this irritable problem with this simple yet effective home remedy.
Take a spoon-full of plain yellow mustard seeds and swallow it after soaking in 100 ml of water for a few hours. Mustard contains vinegar, which neutralizes the acid in the stomach, due to which the pH of the stomach is lowered. It also prevents the stomach from producing any more acid. This action helps to relieve heartburn completely. However, incase mustard does not suit you, carefully note its effects to continue usage.
Another bonus Tip: Having 15-20 grains of raw rice right in the morning reduces acidity, ruling out the very cause of heartburn.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
I am 20 year old male and have diarrhea for last six month. I have used medicine from Hospital and now I am taking Ayurveda Medicine from last two weeks still there is a little bit problem. What should I do now?
Sir I have gastric problem and I take every day some medicine like pantop DSR but my problem can not solve by this medicine if you have any sussetion then help me please.
My scan report says that I have fatty liver. What is the natural treatment for that. I am 53 years working women.
My problem is that since last 2-3 months it is paining a lot? Whenever I feel like passing motions, I go the toilet but it is very difficult for me to pass motions and I am scared because that portions pains a lot, what is it. There is no blood in stool, I am getting this on time as well. So what are the remedies? Please help. Drinking approx 2-3 ltrs water daily as well.
My mother had a type I fatty liver. What is meant by that. Is it dangerous. How to treat it. Can you give me a proper diet fir fatty liver and few home remedies thank you.
One of the most severe illnesses included in the larger group of diseases, is known as inflammatory bowel disease (IBD). Crohn's disease is typically a long-lasting, chronic condition. The intestine or bowel, most commonly the colon and the lower part of the small intestine, are either marked by sores or get inflamed and ulcerated. It is a common occurrence in adolescents and in young adults.
Types : Crohn's disease is subdivided into five types, each having its own set of symptoms:
- Ileocolitis: The most common type, it affects the colon and the ileum and results in considerable weight loss as well as diarrhea and cramps.
- Gastroduodenal Crohn's disease: People who suffer from this type of disease have their stomach and duodenum affected and many experience symptoms like nausea, loss of appetite and weight loss.
- Crohn's Colitis: This involves only the stomach, and can cause joint pains, rectal bleeding, skin lesions and diarrheas.
- Ileitis: This type of Crohn's disease affects the ileum and the symptoms are identical to those of ileocolitis.
- Jejunoileitis: In this type, the jejunum gets affected and general symptoms include the formation of fistulas, diarrhea, intensive back pain as well as areas of inflammation.
Causes: Although there are many theories about what causes Crohn's disease, none of them have been proven. However, there have been a few possible causes which have been identified. These include:
- Immune system problems
- Genetic disorders
- Environmental factors, such as: a) Certain edibles, b) Viruses or harmful bacteria, c) Smoke.
Symptoms: The primary symptoms of Crohn's disease include the following:
- Diarrhea: Diarrhea is a common problem for people with Crohn's disease and can occur for about 10 to 20 times a day in severe cases.
- Blood in your stool: In rare cases, you might notice blood in the toilet bowl or darker blood mixed with your stool.
- Fever and fatigue: In more intense cases, you may develop a fever. You may also feel tired or have low energy.
- Abdominal pain and cramping: You may experience anything from slight discomfort to severe cramping and intermittent belly pain, including nausea and vomiting.
- Anemia: Due to a reduction in iron level caused by bloody stools a person can turn anemic.
- Reduced appetite and weight loss: Abdominal pain and cramping can affect both your appetite and your ability to digest food, which leads to severe weight loss.
- Perianal disease: Erratic appearance of small tears in the anus are called anal fissures.