Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Pediatricians in India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Shinde
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh ShindeYour feedback matters!
My baby was 6 month running my baby is crying to feed milk what happen Doctor Mere beti milk peene samay bahot zoor zoor se chilari aur peshab bhi karleri iski kya vaja hosakthi Doctor please answer.
My son is 14 months old n he has a problem that as soon as he eats any sort of food he vomits ; he can" t take in food. So Dr. Suggested me to give him junior lanzol 15 and also a thick feed. But prob is he's not taking in any sort of feed. What should I do?
Halo sir mera beta , age 13 years .bohat slow hai bohat shy hai .ankh Mila ke baat nahi Kar sakta or darke baat karta hai or confidence nahi hai or kisi jaldi mixup nahi hota .kyu usko kisi doctor ko dikhana chahida? Please help me mujhe samajh nahi aa raja kya karna chahie?
my nephew is suffering from himophilea-b and he is very weak he can't eat proper food. So give me advise abut us. How can cure this problem. Give me some home tips. And give dite chart or name the food which is help full for him.
It is often a problem to recognise whether a kid is naughty or has a problem. To recognise your kid's problem, here are some red flag signs.
- If your kid doesn't finish even 1 play activity and switches to next, then next, then it is an indication that something is wrong (Eg: switching tv channels in seconds, changing games on tab or mobile etc).
- If your kid doesn't wait for his/her turn while playing or talking and interrupts in between even on stopping.
- If your kid's hyperactivity doesn't let him/her complete even the activities of their liking like watching tv or coloring.
- If your child engages in dangerous activities like cutting, biting, breaking objects etc. without knowing what he/she is doing (exploratory play is not included)
- If the problematic behavior has begun after the age of 5-7 years
Why do kids have ADHD?
ADHD doesn't mean having a naughty child. It doesn't mean that your kid is troubling you on purpose. It doesn't mean that beating or punishing him/her will set the kid right. It doesn't mean a no-carbs, low fat, low preservative diet will make the kid alright. Diversion to high energy activities, sports will control the behavior.
NO.... NO... NO.... THESE ARE MYTHS!!!
ADHD is a brain disorder where the wiring between activity controlling centres of the brain and activity producing centres of the brain has been disrupted. This loss of control is producing the following behaviors in a child with ADHD:
- Hyperactivity: Running all over the place, unable to sit quietly in class or other places, unable to follow social decorum, runs away middle of a task.
- Inattention: Making silly mistakes while doing homework/classwork, unable to follow multistep commands, forgets easily, misplaces day to day thing like eraser, sharpener etc.
- Impulsivity: Speaks between two people, cant wait for his/her turn while answering questions or during play, throws objects, eats limitlessly, engages in dangerous play etc.
Why should I get my child treated, बड़ा होगा/ होगी तो ठीक हो जाएगा"
ADHD IS A DISORDER. If not treated in time, this is what can happen to your child:
- With age hyperactivity will decrease, but, inattention will increase. This means more problems in learning and studies, frequent silly mistakes, social embarrasments etc.
- Since these children often get scolded, they start developing defiant features by the age of 6-8 years, conduct disorder by teenage and antisocial personality disorder by the age of 18 years. This means your kid would initially not listen to your commands, they would back answer you and gradually start lying, stealing, fighting and bullying with other kids and engage in unsafe behavior in teenage.
- Due to high impulsivity, these children have higher risk of engaging in high risk behaviors in teenage like smoking, drinking, casual sex, tattooing etc.
- Comorbid disorders like learning disability, mood disorders like depression, bipolar disorder are extremely common in these kids.
Is it treatable? What is the best thing to do for my child?
YES... YES.. YES...
ADHD is very much treatable. There is an option of using medicines and psychological method (mainly cognitive exercises).
- Medicines are good for kids who have moderate to severe ADHD. They cannot comply with cognitive exercises until controlled with medicines. Medicines too have their side effects, but without them, the kid would start falling behind. Hence, benefits out wiegh the risks.
- Cognitive exercises like attention enhancing tasks, assertiveness training, anger management works well with these kids. Particularly, attention enhancing tasks work well with kids who have mild to moderate severity of the disorder. When done in long term, these tasks also help in gradually withdrawing the medicines in these children.
Kids are never medicated with the aim of making them dependent on treatment or turning them into zombies. They are our future. And FUTURE NEEDS CAREFUL HANDLING.
Please feel free to ask any questions!
Hi my 8 month old baby he is only 6.5 weight, but some doctor told it's normal only no underweight, but I'm wondering about this, kindly guide me on this.
Hello My baby is not passing out potty from last two days. He is only depends on mother feed. What should I do. Is it normal.
Recent years have witnessed the severity of acute respiratory infections. The main cause is exposure to more of respiratory Infection causing microorganisms. Everyone is at a high risk of exposure. The infections can affect all age groups equally. Therefore, you must know all about acute respiratory infections.
Acute respiratory infections may interfere in normal breathing. The infection often starts as a viral infection in the nose, trachea (windpipe) or in the lungs. In cases of non treatment, the infection spreads to the entire respiratory system. The infections are transmissible.
There are many respiratory infections of which causes are unknown. However, a few known viral causes are as follows:
- Adenoviruses: These viruses are known to have over 50 different types of viruses causing common cold, bronchitis as well as pneumonia.
- Rhinoviruses: These viruses cause common cold. Those individuals, be it young or old, who have a weak immune system can have an acute respiratory infection.
- Influenza virus: This is also known as Orthomyxovirus with six types of viruses, such as Type A, B and C, Isa Virus, Thogoto Virus and Coronavirus. Out of these, Type A is known to cause a severe disease.
- Enterovirus: This virus is associated with several human and mammalian diseases, including acute respiratory infection.
- Respiratory syncytial virus: This virus causes respiratory tract infections in the lower respiratory tract.
Bacterial causes are as follows:
- Bacillus anthracis
- Bordetella pertussis
- Corynebacterium diphtheria
- Pneumococcus: It is a cause of meningitis and Pneumonia.
- Streptococcus pyogenes
- Haemophilus influenzae
Few of the prominent symptoms are as follows:
- Itchy, watery eyes - Soreness behind eyes and often conjunctivitis
- Nasal discharge and congestion
- Having Sore throat
- Severe Headache
- Muscle pain
The first thing that the doctor tends to check is the breathing pattern of the patient, followed by a number of checks:
- Fluid and inflammation in the lungs
- Nose and throat checks
- X-ray or CT scan would be required to check the condition of the lungs in advanced cases
Ideally for viruses, there isn't any cure. Medications that are prescribed are for the symptoms.
- Cautious use of antibiotics for the symptoms can reduce adverse effects as well as decrease costs. It will also reduce drug resistance.
- A single oral dose of nasal decongestant used in common cold could be moderately effective to aid congestion in grown-ups for a short period.
- Alternate medications, such as the use of vitamin C help in the inhibition and cure of upper respiratory infections.