Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Sanbhus
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh SanbhusYour feedback matters!
If it bleed for a patient who is suffering from throat cancer, which stage he will be into and what are the chances ?
If some one wants to get test and screening for all types of Cancer possibilities, What tests are to be done? Are there any cancer specific tests available in Hyderabad?
I am a 29 year old female. I want a solution for sagging breast. I have a 20 mnyhs old baby and I breastfeed him.
What are the symptoms of cancer how we can far it away from us. How many cancer patients approximately in the world?
Sir I am 69 years old man and having prostate problem. I have been advised Alfuzosin 10 mg at night 3 years ago. I have been prescribed prazosin 5 mg in night in addition to alfuzosin 10 mg day before yesterday. Please clarify whether alfuzosin 10 mg and prazosin 5 mg can be given simultaneously to a patient.
What are the symptoms of breast cancer? What should I do if I found out, that I am suffering from breast cancer.
I am 18 years old and I am an boy. I have a big lumb on my right chest since 2 years. The left one is normal but the right chest appears like a breast.
My mum has been suffering from lung cancer for 3 years. Treatment is going on but docters saying that they can remove that infected part from the lung it has spread out. But if we remove that part cancer cells will decrease in the body na. I want suggestion on it.
Skin cancer is a condition with abnormal and cancerous skin growth. This often develops due to the over exposure of skin to the sun rays. The three main types of skin cancer include basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma. Skin cancer affects those areas of skin which remains sun-exposed, including ears, neck, chest, scalp, lips, face, hands, arm and legs. It can also develop on those areas of skin that are not exposed to sunlight like beneath toenails or fingernails, on palms and on genital area.
Here are some of the factors which increase your risks of getting skin cancer:
- Fair complexion: Low levels of the pigment melanin in skin causes fair complexion. Fair- skinned individuals who have a history of hazel or blue eyes, repeated sunburns and people who have red or blond hair are highly susceptible to developing this form of cancer. Less pigment in skin makes an individual more vulnerable to skin damage from harmful UV radiation.
- Excessive sun exposure: Exposure to the sun may lead to the development of skin cancer, if you don't protect your skin by sunscreen and clothing. Tanning beds and lamps may also increase the risk of developing this type of skin cancer.
- High-altitude places: The exposure to sunlight is more intense in areas of high altitude and near the equator. Living at higher elevation also makes you more vulnerable to radiation because the sunlight is strongest there.
- Moles: People with abnormal moles are at a higher risk of developing skin cancer. These moles are irregular in shape and are larger than normal moles.
- Precancerous skin lesions: Your risk of developing skin cancer increases if you have skin lesion. These are scaly and rough patches that range from brown to dark pink in color. The most commonly affected areas are head, hands and face of fair-skinned people.
- Weak immune system: Weak immune system caused by HIV or AIDS and immunosuppressant drugs that you take after an organ transplant may increase your risk of developing skin cancer.