Lybrate.com has top trusted Oncologists from across India. You will find Oncologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Oncologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh SanbhusYour feedback matters!
Hello sir can help to know that if 5 sign of blood cancer coz I have stomach infection ,I'm 25 year old boy. please inform me.
With the dawn of modern technology, the sight of robots performing a surgery under the control of an expert surgeon is fast turning into a reality. Robotic surgery is one of the latest and greatest advancements in surgical cancer care. It is, mostly, sought for its unmatched levels of precision and control.
The da Vinci Robot, which is the only medically approved robotic surgical system, employs the use of 3D vision for the surgeon, and extremely precise agile robotic tools. This surgical method is one of the greatest inventions in modern surgery that aims to provide greater control to the surgeon at all times. For patients, this means quicker recovery times, minimal scarring, lower complications and higher satisfaction.
Robotic cancer surgery can be performed for most of the cancer surgeries. However, the maximum benefit is for the following conditions:
- Prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer
- Gynaecologic cancer
- Thyroid tumors
- Lung cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
Benefits of robotic cancer surgery:
- Less scarring: The minimally invasive approach of robotic surgery contributes to minimal scarring. Instead of having a deeper incision of up to 5 or 6” on the skin, patients can have a series of small incisions or one relatively smaller incision, based on the nature of the surgery.
- Shorter hospitalization: With minimal incisions, postoperative care is speeded and pain is lessened. This surgery will not require the patients to stay for a prolonged period of time in the hospital. At the most, they tend to spend up to two nights in the hospital, if the situation demands so. As a result of this, within no time, you can get back to your normal life.
- Limited drugs: With traditional surgery, typically a patient is administered a lot of painkillers to alleviate pain. However, with robotic surgeries, thanks to decreased postoperative pain after surgery, the patient will not need excessive painkillers to help them deal with pain.
- No blood loss: During traditional open surgery, patients tend to typically lose between 600cc to 1000cc of blood, depending on the area of treatment. As a result, postoperative transfusion of blood becomes a necessity. However, during robotic surgery, blood loss is usually 200cc or less and so there is no need for transfusions.
- Accuracy and precision: The 3D vision and other advanced tools employed by robotic surgery allow for better surgical accuracy, which is greatly needed in cancer surgeries. Especially in the case of prostate cancer, if tumour is in a critical location, then a robotic surgery is handy to carry out the procedure, without damaging the important nerves. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Oncologist.
My friend has lump in her breast. What should she do? And also advise what is the way to get out from this problem besides any surgeries.
Hi sir, my father diagnosed with lung cancer in 2014, now it's metastatic , due you treat it?Please tell.
I just give birth to a baby girl on 11/07/2016. Now I am facing a problem that I got my nipples injured and got blood and it pains a lot while my baby feed and what ever cloths I wear get stick with my nipple and hurt a lot when I remove it and I also suffering from gath (hindi word) on breast.
Found a bean shaped mass on the right side of the soft palate between two mucosal skins/linings. That mass is visible when I open my mouth wide open and use a flashlight. Also I feel something is always stuck in my throat. I do not know if that mass is a tonsil or anything else. google up the symptoms and as obvious it showed mouth cancer. Been greatly worried about this. There is no pain or anything. Just got out of a really long cough and cold phase which lasted a little over two weeks. With the above mentioned description please give me an idea of what could it be. Is it really cancer?
Sir, my age 52 years I have prostate enlarged problem since 3 month, I consult urologist, He advised to take tab alfuzsion 10 mg, daily and review after 3 months, request for any treatment in ayurveda, or only in allopathy, pl suggest or after taking tab feel some better, or maybe in future avoid any operation, or can be cured by tab or any specific treatment in ayurveda, pl advice, regards.
I have been diagnosed with enlarged prostate. PSA test a month back showed 24.62. Presently on 1 capsule of Urimax. 4 a day. Is it OK or needs else to be done.
Does tattoo removal laser treatment causes any type of cancer? Or does it affect fertility? Or HIV? What kind of precaution needs to taken post laser treatment. Thanks ®ards.
I am 50 yrs - my father recently succumbed to prostate cancer. What is your advice to prevent prostate enlargement.
My mom got breast cancer stage 2nd 1chemo completed ,any diet for on loose motions, power ,give me diet for breast cancer patients.
Whether enlargement of prostrate is harmful? How to prevent enlargement of prostrate in men and remedy the already enlarged prostrate?
Symptoms, causes and treatment for Cervical Cancer
Namashkar. Hello, I’m Dr. Shalini Tiwari. I’m a gynaecologist practicing at East Delhi Surya Hospital. Aaj main apko cervical cancer ke bare mein kuch batana chahti hoon.
Today in India, there are so many women who are dying due to cervical cancer. It is one of the most common cancers in the world due to which women are affected. Why today I’m talking about cervical cancers? Today, sexual relations are on rise. Even young women like 16, 17, 18 year old are going for sexual relationship. I’m not saying that sexual relationship is wrong, but why I am talking about cervical cancer is because sexual relationships are one of the highest factors of cervical cancers. So let’s understand what actually cervical cancer is. To understand this, we need to know what cervix is. So I’d like to tell you that we have a uterus where our baby is grown and then born afterwards.
See, this is the uterus, and this is the cervix. So just as we have our face, as we have our lips, so our uterus has lips which is known as cervix. It is this portion which is affected most. Why? Because during sexual intercourse, due to repeated infections, and anything which is outside and which is externally entering into the vagina, first it will infect or affect this part of the uterus. This is known as cervix. So any infection, any erosion, any bleeding, any white discharge, anything which is affecting the cervix can give rise to cervical cancer. This is a very broad statement, there are definite…there are definitely some definite reasons, definite viruses which give rise to this cancer.
Coming on to symptoms of cervical cancer. So many of us have irregular menstrual bleeding, but we tend to ignore it. We should not. Abnormal menstrual bleeding is one of the finest and one of the earliest symptom of cervical cancer. So please don’t ignore it and visit your gynaecologist. Now you would like to know what abnormal bleeding is? So abnormal bleeding would be bleeding after intercourse, abnormal bleeding would be bleeding in between menstrual cycles, abnormal bleeding can be excessive bleeding during regular cycles. So any three of them, if it is there, you please visit your doctor, and get yourself checked.
Why so much of a hush-hush over cervical cancer all over the world? Because, number 1, it is common, number 2, it is a preventable cancer. It is a very slow growing cancer. It starts from the cervix, and then gradually gradually gradually it involves all of the uterus. But this gradual is so much that if we diagnose it, it can be actually cured 100%. That’s why we really need to be careful. You should be having a regular checkups, all women, specially all sexually active women. You should have regular checkups.
So what are the preventive checkups for cervical cancer?
- Pap test. All of us know Pap test. It is being advertised in TV, it is being advertised by WHO off and on. So every sexually active woman should get a Pap test every three years.
- Similarly there is a virus called HPV virus, i.e, Human papillomavirus. This virus is a sexually transmitted virus. And if this virus is there, there are high chances that patient will develop cervical cancer. Though once infected with this virus, it doesn’t mean that it will be there throughout your life. Because it titles goes down in one year or two years, but then there are two specific types, like 16 type and 18 type of HPV virus, which can really give your body a potentiality to grow into cervical cancer. So you should get your HPV testing also done.
- Third is colposcopy. Colposcopy is a screening test, and through colposcopy we see the cells of cervix directly under acetic acid, which really helps us to diagnose if the cells can grow into cancers, or these cells are benign cells. And these three tests are absolutely noninvasive tests, non-painful tests, and just OPD procedure for two to three or five minutes maximum. So you should…all of you should get these tests dine regularly. Number three, supposing we do these tests, and we diagnose that element of cancer is there. So if it is in initial stages, like we call it carcinoma, you won’t believe, to treat this we don’t even need to do hysterectomy. This is just we need to do a cryo, ye ek prakar ki thandi si jo layman ki bhasha mein bolte hain, or use puri tarah ye erosion theek ho jata hain. Uske baad use jo cervical cells hote hain cancer waale, wo bhi mar jaate hain. And the chances of progressing into a frank carcinoma becomes almost negligible.
That’s why cervical cancer is everywhere. So we need to be very careful, we need to be very vigilant. Our health is in our hands. So if we are not vigilant about our health, no one else is going to tell us, please go to the doctor. Humein pata hona chahiye ki hamare mein infection ho raha hain, white discharge humein zyaada ho raha hain, bleeding humein zyaada ho rahi hain, so ;et’s viosit the doctor.
In the end, agar apko dikhana hain, aap chahte hain ki aap cervical cancer se bachein rahein, please come to me. I sit as Surya Hospital in East Delhi, or you can contact me through Lybrate. Thank you.
I am experiencing one breast pain followed by the other one of my breast has become darker I have done the test but it was negative many times.
It can be frustrating suffering from enlarged prostate. When you are suffering from the condition one thing for sure is that you need to make a number of changes in your life. Some of these changes include:
Reduce your fluid intake
To reduce the number of times that you have to go to the bathroom, you need to reduce your fluid intake. As rule of thumb, you shouldn't take any water before going to bed. You also shouldn't take coffee or beer before going to bed. Even when you avoid the fluids it's common to feel the urge to urinate. When you are in the bathroom, you should try "double voiding." This is where you urinate, relax, then wait for a moment then resume your urination. Doing this ensures that you empty your bladder at once thus not requiring you to go to the bathroom a second time.
Cold weather is attributed to the need for regular urination. You should keep your house warm. You do this by staying warm. Ensure that your house is warm by installing furnaces and other heating units. Also, avoid regularly going out at night in cold weather.
Watch the food that you eat:
Experts report that the food you take can make or break your prostate. When you are suffering from enlarged prostate you need to avoid the food that would worsen the condition. Some of the food you need to stay away from include:
Red meat and processed meat: Meat that isn't properly done has been shown to contain high levels of heterocyclic amines that are carcinogenic and worsen your enlarged prostate. To be on the safe side you should avoid foods such as sausage, beef, hot dogs, lunch meats, pork, and others.
Daily and calcium: A research study published by the Journal of nutrition, drinking whole milk increases the progression of fatal prostate cancer. To keep your condition in check you should avoid taking plenty of milk. If you have to take it, you should stick to fat-free milk. To be on the safe side you should take salmon, sesame seeds, bell peppers, tomatoes, avocados, tofu, and vegetables.
Engage in exercises
If you have never exercised before, now it's the time to start as experts have reported that doing so relieves nervousness thus you are able to urinate without any problems. Exercising also relieves stress. The cool thing is that you don't have to engage in strenuous exercises to reap the benefits. Simple exercises such as walking are enough.