Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh D. ShindeYour feedback matters!
Hello Lybrate, My son is 2 years and 3 months old. Still he is not speaking properly only some words he is speaking. He understand everything and when he want something to me in their language I can't understand what he wants. I have talk to other doctor also but they didn't gave me satisfactory answer. Please tell me what I have to do for it. Thanks.
I want detail about s.m.a. (spinal muscular atrophy). Please give me answer with its treatment , because my child born with that disease. What reason for this condition and where and when we create the plane for new baby.
My baby who is 1 years old, is having yellow urine, this ive noticed quite a no. Of times. Can this be anything serious? She has almost 450-500 ml of water a day, but still the urine is pale. Kindly guide me.
My baby is of 6 months can I give him cerelac but I have heard that cerelac is banned so what can I give him instead of cerelac?
My baby is 4 month old. I want to ask whether I can start with fresh juice or not. Currently he is on formula milk.
Dear Sir, My child go for potty in morning and I seen worm in his potty so please tell me solutions for this problem.
My baby is one and a half months old, and feeds on my milk only. I want to know how can I confirm whether I can produce sufficient milk for my baby or not.
This is my baby which is 8 month old and his left leg is not fully grown &hi leg is bend below his knee and is small from his right leg I want to know is there is any treatment for his leg.
I was scratched by a dog 1 month ago. But, I didn't took any immediate treatment. After 1 week I went to a doctor and the vaccine course has started. Though the dog was ill but it was alive for 25 days after the incident. 4 days ago it has died. Is there anything to worry about for me as I didn't took any immediate treatment? I found on a website that" The quarantine is set at 10 days because a rabies-infected animal can only transmit the disease after clinical signs have developed AND once these signs have developed, the animal will die within 10 days. So, am I completely safe from rabies as the dog was alive for 25 days?
My child is getting loose motion since 2days and he is uncomfortable feeling n he is having zincris syrup and ondem n prygesic as per Dr. child age 14mths.
How to prepare ubtan for babies and which oil should I use in summer for body massage of 8 month old baby.
I am losing hair fall. Which shampoo is better to control hair fall and home remedies for hair fall. I want to reduce my weight. Can you tell some tips for weight loss. What are the weaning foods for 5 month old baby.
Coughing during the night can really wreak havoc for your sleep and cause inexplicable discomfort in the throat and chest region. Thankfully, you can manage it by soothing your tickling throat as well as sensitive airways before you go to bed at night.
- Drink herbal tea: A mugful of non-caffeinated tea mixed with a teaspoon of honey before going to bed can help you to a considerable extent. This is because any warm liquid has the power to break down the formation of mucus in the throat region and with a bit of honey, the herbal tea becomes even more powerful.
- Try to sleep in an inclining position: Gravity is your greatest enemy while combating night-time cough. When you lie down flat on your back at night, all the mucus and dust particles, which you have swallowed all through the day, would accumulate in the throat area and aggravate it making more cough. But you can easily defy gravitational force by piling up some pillows and prop yourself on them while sleeping. You may also keep a wooden block of 4 inches height under your head, which would keep the acids in the stomach so that they don’t come up to irritate your throat.
- Make sure you use the steam cautiously: When your airways are dry, it can make you cough harder. Therefore, you may find relief if you take a warm shower or a bath before going to bed. But you have to be sure that you don’t have asthma as steam can prove harmful for you.
- Check the level of humidity: Humidifiers are known to soothe the problem of persistent coughing when the surrounding air is dry. But too much of moisture during the night can also make you cough. This is because dust mites, mold and other allergens thrive well in the damp air and they could conspire to make your cough even worse. So, pick up a cheap hygrometer from a hardware store and see that the humidity level stays within 40 to 50 percent.
- Equip yourself at night: Keep all the things from drops to water to cough syrup or anything that soothes coughing at your bedside so that you can help yourself in case you wake up in the middle of the night and start coughing.
By following these few tips every day, you can manage the night time cough and have a good night’s sleep without any interruptions. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Hi, my daughter 9years old complains of headache every day. The pattern of headache is follows: in the morning when she gets up(around 5am) she is absolutely fine but between 9am and 10am when she is in the school it slowly starts. The pain becomes unbearable in the middle of the day but it remains and subsides a little but still continues until 8pm when she sleeps. What we' ve tried so far is eye test which is 6/6 for both eyes. Blood test for haemoglobin, its 10. 8. Ct scan also but it suggests everything normal as seen by an ent and neurologist. This has been the daily routine for the past 5-6 months. Please suggest. Thanks
We have a 5 months baby girl. She is drinking milk only. From which month we can start raw food. Or cerelac. And is there any necessary to consult doctor every month.
Hello sir/madam my baby is 3 years old he have some problem with his milk teeths upper front four teeth haven't grown properly. Tell me what sould I do?
Does baby who have top up milk has less immunity than baby who drink mother milk? Since their mother do not get enough milk to brest feed.
Hello sir My son is 16 months old and still he has not started walking him self He walk with sports of fingers or any My delivery was normal n baby also health 3.9 K.G Pls tell me what to do His dr tv vitamin n vitamin D iron But still no use I am worried Pls help me
Breast milk provides essential nutrients for infants and is a mix of nutrients, which include vitamins, proteins and fat that are necessary for a baby's growth. Apart from benefitting babies, breastfeeding benefits mothers too.
Here are 4 benefits of breastfeeding:
1) Provides nutrients and protection to the baby - The best food a mother can give to her baby is her breast milk. It helps your baby to grow and develop. Breast milk is custom-made by all mothers for their own babies and, thus, contains a perfect mix of essential nutrients. Breast milk contains a mixture of protein, carbohydrate, fat, vitamins and minerals, which are very important for the proper growth and development of the baby. It also contains many antibodies that reduce the chance of diseases and allergies. In fact, the milk's content changes as your baby grows to keep up with the infant's needs.
2) Convenience - The milk from breasts is always safe and fresh, and is precisely of the right temperature, which what makes it a convenient food for the baby. What's more, it doesn't require heating, boiling or sterilizing as such; and can be fed to the baby anywhere, anytime.
3) Benefits mothers - According to a research, breastfeeding, to an extent, provides protection against breast and ovarian cancer. It also serves as a measure of protection against weak bones in the later part of life. Calories are required in order to produce milk. So, breastfeeding helps to gradually lose weight after pregnancy as well. Moreover, breast feeding also defers the return of menstruation for a little while.
4) Continues the special relationship between mother and child - The bond between a mother and a child strengthens due to the intimacy and the closeness involved in breastfeeding. One of the remarkable facts about this is the more a baby breastfeeds, the more milk the mother produces. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a pediatrician.