Lybrate.com has top trusted Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons from across India. You will find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Nose Reshaping Procedure
Platelet Rich Plasma Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh BasarkarYour feedback matters!
How can I remove the dark colour of my lips. I smoke is that the reason? Is it possible to remove the colour.
My name is manoj my qui is my face is very dark in this summer please advice me because I going to meet my friend but he feeling very bad Kindly.
I am 24 year old female suffering from women type 1 baldness, what should I do now to get my hairs back and thicker just above forehead, do I use livon hair gain or something else?
My hair is very long. But am losing my hair a lot and its thickness. What should I use to my hair to gain it back. Pls suggest me.
Sir have pimples on my face I used clindamycin phosphate gel but I did not work please tell me what should I do?
I got many pimple on my face and therefore I have many pimple marks on my face what can I do to clear the marks of pimple and got a clear skeen.
I am loosing my hair, I have tried all the way to stop the hair loss but there is no effect on my hair, what should I do?
Eyes are a major attraction of your face and if it is covered with dark circles, beauty is lost as the face looks dull, tried. Insufficient sleep, hereditary traits, dehydration, lack of nutrients, kidney, liver problems are common causes behind it. A healthy nutritious diet filled with vitamins a, c, k, e vitamins help to get rid of dark circles.
Vitamin a -- this nutrient supply helps to get rid of dark circles, antiaging affects on skin. Antioxidant in food rich i.e Vitamin A promotes proper digestion, flushing of toxins from the system and cures liver, kidney problems. Carrots, spinach, puplmpkin, eggs, dried apricot, papaya, mango, peecha, sweet potato these all conrains vitamin a.
Vitamin k __ it heals damaged capillaries, arteries and increase blood circulation. Spinach, dried basil leaves, turnip, cabbage, cucumber, prunes, coriander leaves, spring onion contains vitamin k.
Vitamin c __ vitamin c removes free radicles, toxins from system. Mustard, papaya, hot chilli, kiwi strawberries, cabbage, oranges.
Vitamin e __it help to regulate vitamin a in body. It protect your skin from tanning, pollution, dust, side effects of medication. Spinach, asparagus, mango, sunflower seeds, olives.
Have these nutritious and healthy diet food to get rid of dark circles.
My face is very oily. I have tried many facewash but it does not help. I have tried lemon too but but 2-3 days it was burning my face. Please help.
I am 31 years old woman. My skin is damaged due to sun. I have uneven and tanned skin. I am getting married in dec. Please suggest some effective home remedy for remove suntan from body.
I've long hair bt suffering from, White Hairs + Dandruff + Hairfall problem. Any Best solution to treat this problematic condition?
I have some hair fall problem and growing of white hair problem since last 2 years, pls suggest the medicine which is no side effects from the any medicine.
Hyperpigmentation is a medical condition which occurs when an area of the skin becomes much darker in comparison to the rest of the skin tone. This happens due to an excess of a pigment called melanin. Hyper-pigmentation is fairly common and many people have reported this condition at some point in their lives.
Types of Hyperpigmentation
1. Lentigines or Freckled Skin: They are mainly freckles which arise on the skin.
2. Solar Lentigines: Although these are known as age spots, sun spots and liver spots they are caused primarily due to prolonged exposure to the sun.
3. Melasma: This condition mostly seen in pregnant women and is caused due to hormonal changes during pregnancy. Melasma typically manifests as pigmented and patchy areas of discoloration on the face except the eye area.
What causes hyperpigmentation?
- Hyper pigmentation can be hereditary i.e. passed on to children from parents
- Prolonged exposure to sun.
- Picking and poking at the skin can also cause hyper pigmentation.
- Medications such as hormone treatments, antibiotics and anti-seizure drugs may result in it as an unwanted side effect.
- Skin injuries due to bad forms of acne vulgaris and inflammation.
How Homeopathy Works on Hyperpigmentation?
Homoeopathy considers blemishes or pigmentation as a local expression of a systemic / internal disturbance. Homeopathy believes that skin disorders are a reflection of an internal imbalance and to be treated from within. The homeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution, genetic predisposition and so on. While choosing homeopathic remedies the cause of pigmentation is evaluated, for example, mental stress, hormonal imbalances, sun exposure, nutritional deficiency, poor immune system and so on.
Homeopathic treatment, which gets to the root of the problem will reinforce the immune system and gradually restore the pigmented spots to the normal skin color. Homeopathic medicines restore the hormonal imbalance and control the excessive production of melanin. Homeopathy will not inhibit the natural process of the skin's melanin production. It will act on melanocytes to produce less melanin naturally thus strengthening the skin cells to stay healthy and remove excessive melanin in the skin. This improves the quality (texture) of skin, blemishes disappear and further discoloration of skin stops.
For fast recovery and to maintain the skin texture and glow homeopaths also use external creams which are purely prepared by homeopathic Mother tincture and low potency’s and are very safe and without any side effects.
Homeopathy medicines cure pigmentation from the root cause and assuring the patient of not facing the similar problem in future. Some of the common homeopathic medicines for treating pigmentation are:
- Medicines like Lycopodium Clavatum can be consumed if you experience grayish-yellow discolored face with blue circles around the eyes. It can also cure brown spots on the nose and face.
- Sepia offincinalis can treat chloasma (Yellow spots on the face and a yellow mark across the upper region of the nose and cheeks). This medicine also treats ailments during pregnancy and is best suited for patients who have dark hair.
- Thuja occidentalis should be consumed to treat dry skin with uneven brown spots. People who have waxy faces with dark under eyes should consume this medicine.
- Argenticum nitricum can also be consumed if your face looks pale, old and bluish. It is best suited for people who have tense, hard and brown skin with irregular brown blotches.
- Cadmium sulphuratum can treat yellow stains on the cheeks and nose. This usually worsens due to prolonged exposure to the wind and sun.
- Copaiva offincinalis reduces brown lenticular spots. These spots give a mottled appearance and can itch at times.
- Caulophyllum thalictroides can be consumed by women who experience discoloration of the skin due to uterine and menstrual disorders.
- Plumbum melallicum usually treat liver spots, hyper pigmentation and reduces the oil content of the face.
These remedies treat discoloration of the face along with liver spots, brown spots and excess oil formation of the face which is accompanied by hyperpigmentation.
However, the correct choice and the resulting relief is a matter of experience and right judgment on the part of the homeopathy doctor. The treatment is decided after thorough case taking of the patient. Thus homeopathic remedies of pigmentation are tailor-made and should be taken after consulting a specialized homeopath.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopathic and ask a free question.