Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Asalkar
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh AsalkarYour feedback matters!
Sir I sleep with my gf yesterday at 12 a. M.I only touch her vagina enter my finger and enter my pennies slightly (2c. M) only 2times. After that we do not do. Today her periodic starts. Can she pregnant. please help.
Current generation dads are super dads!!! Studies have shown that fathers have increased the time they spend with their children by 300% since 1970s. Our young dads are determined to do all that is needed for the baby. They are present to support their spouses and start planning the room, clothes and stay of the baby well before the arrival date.
There is a lot of talk about how mums should prepare for the baby’s arrival, however dads often need to fight it out with no actual step by step guide or a counseling session for the same.
Following are some tips for our dads to be:
1) Accept your changing partner: Pregnancy is a hormonally charged state. It may bring about irritability, negative emotions, physical limitations, etc. Your job is to support your pregnant partner emotionally and physically. You need to offer practical help-like doing household chores, picking and dropping from work, etc.
3) Know about symptoms and signs of labor: You need to be aware of the danger signals of pregnancy. Keep yourself well contactable all the time. Keep your car well fueled.
4) Chalk out your finances: You need to be prepared by the hospital expenses well in time. Have a black and white budget to help you cope up with the increasing expenditure.
5) Pack hospitals bags: You need to be ready with the essentials which may include important documents, insurance papers, credit cards, mobile phones, batteries, etc.
6) Apply for paternity leave: You have to be there to support the new mom. Make an active effort in baby care– from nappy change to baby bath to baby shopping etc.
The more you do, the more you will discover your take at fathering.
I am 6 weeks pregnant. Today I saw a little brown blood outside the vagina without clot. Is there anything to worry?
My wife is 38 weeks pregnant & after getting an ECG test done the report says there is sinus tachycardia with borderline ECG. Is it normal in 38 weeks pregnancy?
Hello, My friend and her girlfriend met 4 days back they did only romance no sex on that day my friend pressed her breast hard and some part of breast became red and yellow is this any serious. That girl is very tense what they should do please help them.
My wife age is 24yr. She is suffering from PCOD. We are planning to have baby after 2 years. Will it create a problem for her to perceive pregnancy? We have consulted doctor, she has given some tablets to take for controlling hormones.
My mensuration stopped on 15th may and on 18 the may I had done intercourse with my husband is there any 1% chance to get pregnant?
How to treat vaginal dryness?
Production of estrogen slows down and eventually stops during menopause. Quite a few changes take place when this happens. Often these changes are unwelcome. Irregular menstruation happens and finally stops. Mood swings, hot flashes, increased facial hair and deepening of the voice may happen as well. Another common menopause symptom is vaginal dryness, as it affects one third of all women. Any age group can experience vaginal dryness due to various factors. It may initially appear to be just an irritation, but reduced vaginal moisture may adversely affect sexual performance. Thankfully, multiple treatment options are available for relieving vaginal dryness.
Vaginal dryness caused by reduced estrogen levels can be easily treated by applying topical estrogen. It compensates for the body’s reduced estrogen production.
Three common vaginal estrogen types used by most women are:
- Estrogen tablet: Disposable applicators can be used for inserting a tablet inside the vagina, once daily during the initial two weeks or so of treatment. The dosage is reduced to twice weekly till it is no longer needed.
- Estrogen Cream: An applicator can be used to apply the cream inside the vagina. Usually the cream is used daily for up to two weeks and then the frequency is reduced to thrice weekly or as recommended by the doctor.
- Estrogen Ring: It can be inserted by your doctor or you in the vagina. It is a flexible and soft ring that steadily releases an estrogen stream directly into the vaginal tissues. The ring has to be discarded and replaced with a new one after three months.
To keep the lubrication in the vagina constant, one can use vaginal moisturizers. These can be bought from a supermarket or at a drugstore, however, bubble baths, douches, lotions and scented soaps should be avoided. Such products may increase vaginal dryness.
However, topical estrogen should be avoided by women:
1. Who have been diagnosed with breast cancer, more so when they are using aromatase inhibitors.
2. Who have had/have endometrial cancer
3. Who suffer from vaginal bleeding, the cause of which cannot be identified
4. Who are breastfeeding or are pregnant
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!