Lybrate.com has top trusted Psychiatrists from across India. You will find Psychiatrists with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Psychiatrists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahesh Akshay Gavkar
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Sex Addiction Counselling
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Anger Management Therapy
Treatment of Behaviour & Thought Problems
Quit Smoking Techniques
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Memory Improvement Techniques
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Treatment
Treatment of Abnormal Behaviour
Psychological Diagnosis (Adult And Child)
Submit a review for Dr. Mahesh Akshay GavkarYour feedback matters!
Reg anger frustration and depression and leading to insomnia too and mood swings and also anxiety and psychiatric problems if in case you want I can also write my prescription going on with my physiatrist doctor tell me how to help me and tell in what else you want and earlier was v badly addicted to alcohol too swerly as high dose but now truly speaking all sobriety clean without even a drop of alcohol app 8 months and v v happy with life and way but without these med no fun can not live only can live and survive on these med can I ever leave this med pls also due to above my personal life in family and with with wife and low in bed sex wise can not perform and satisfy my wife too and no erection and low hardness v low time too and mood v rare if my mood wife so irritated due to me she refuses pls hope you can understand my urge is there for daily sex at least mine and wife too and at least twice on week ends or holidays eve and sunday noon also wish each moth for short vacc and may be once or twice long ones as avoid as I know will be ashamed there in front of her as she will demand more and more but I will avoid and this if continues will and can lead to my again p[problem of alcohol and also want med for sex and above med for depression insomnia anger frustration and anger out bust living alone not in company pls what to do is it possible pls with me pls yes or no pls guide my both problems but its only a dream can I ever ever be able to perform and do as per my desire and my wife too and satisfy her fully at lest gud amt of timing pls pls help.
Hi, I am suffering from very warm breath from nose and mouth. Full body pain and fever with cold and cough please tell me what symptoms are this?
I am a chain smoker and I want to quit smoking so what medicines should I take and what other steps should be taken pls help.
I am taking Nexito Ls medicine for anxiety from last 8 months how to stop medicine now I am fine, no anxiety issues, does sudden stoppage of medicine cause any side effects.
Dear doctor. I have sleeping disorder. No matter how much ever I try but I do not get sleep at all. Most of my days and nights goes sleepless. In a day with great difficulty I may manage to get sleep for only 2-3 hours. I am married since 8 months but I am totally ignored by my husband. My husband has even left me to stay with my mother and has no intention to take me back. He comes to meet us every week. But we never spend time together. This attitude of his is putting me in a depression. Whole day and night I keep crying and sulking about it. He doesn't even allow me to work. I don't have any idea what to do? Sometimes I feel like quiting my life. I tried speaking to my husband about this issue many times but he doesn't find this topic important and gives me deaf ears treatment. Which is very hurting. And I feel this is the major reason which is pushing me to sleeplessness and depression. Kindly advise what should I do?
Cubital Tunnel Syndrome is also known as Ulnar Neuropathy, a nerve compression syndrome where the Ulnar nerve, also known as the funny bone nerve, gets compressed due to heightened pressure or stretching. It can lead to numbness or a tingling sensation in little and ring fingers, sometimes pain in forearm and an overall weakness in the hand. Ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It runs in a groove on the inner side of the elbow. Since it travels through a narrow space and has very little protective tissue, the nerve is quite vulnerable to compression
The symptoms of this condition may range from mild to severe. Some of the mild symptoms include:
- Numbness in little and ring finger as the fingers fall asleep
- A tingling sensation, usually like the pinch of pins and needles in ring and little finger
- Pain in forearm
- Weakness in the hand
- Some of the severe symptoms include:
- Reduction in overall hand grip
- A claw like deformity in hand
- Wasting of muscles of the hand
Bending elbow over a long period of time like while using cell phone or during sleep can cause ulnar nerve compression. Resting the elbow for a long period over a hard surface can also cause an irritation of the nerve, leading to such symptoms. In some cases, the nerve snaps back and forth over a bony bump, resulting in an irritated nerve.People People who undertake intense physical activity, especially using their arms, are more likely to develop this problem. Eg. baseball pitchers. Apart from this, people who have suffered from a dislocated elbow or have arthritis are also at risk
Generally, doctors diagnose this condition through the symptoms. However, nerve tests are also conducted to check the level of nerve compression. Electromyography is a procedure in which electrodes are placed on the skin and muscles to measure muscle health. Determining muscle health and level of compression helps decide the mode of treatment.Generally, Generally, the symptoms of cubital tunnel syndrome are managed through a conservative treatment. However, in cases of severe compression, surgery can be considered as an option to relieve pressure, moving nerve to the front of the elbow or removing a part of the bone
For mild cases, a towel or a protective cover for elbow is recommended. The towel should be wrapped around the elbow loosely. An elbow splint can be worn at night to protect the elbow from being bent for long time
How can a physical therapist help?
A physiotherapist has an essential role to play in treatment of this syndrome. A therapist can help the patient to learn ways of avoiding pressure to the nerve. After surgery, with restrictions of movement, a therapist can help achieve smooth recovery and movement of the elbow. Your physical therapist will determine the activities that bring on your symptoms. The recommendations at this point will be to avoid those activities for a time. Remember, the nerve is irritated and at times swollen. If the irritation and swelling are reduced, the symptoms should resolve.If If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you canconsult a physiotherapist.
In the modern day lifestyle, it is extremely difficult to be stress free. Even a tiny situation like losing your pen to a something like meeting a deadline at work can cause stress. Stress acts like a catalyst to different diseases like high cholesterol, hypertension, cardiac diseases, etc. You cannot avoid stress, but what you can do is help yourself fight it; you can actually fight stress with the help of food as well. Here are a few food items which will help you with your fight against stress:
- Chocolate: Chocolate is one of the best stress busters. It contains magnesium, phenyl ethyl amine and carbohydrates, all of which help lift your spirits. Chocolate helps in the reduction of stress hormones, helping you to relax.
- Coffee: Coffee helps your brain signal the production of BNDF (a brain derived protein), which helps to keep your brain cells healthy. A low level of BNDF can cause a lot of stress and depression. Coffee triggers many neurotransmitters which control your mood changes; so may be a cup or two of coffee will help your to be chirpier.
- Green leafy vegetables: All green leafy vegetables like spinach contain a high quantity of magnesium. Magnesium prevents headaches and fatigue, which in turn reduces stress.
- Black tea: Black tea can relieve you of stress, quicker than any other food item. Black tea reduces the amount of cortisol, a hormone which causes stress, and gives you a feeling of calmness.
- Milk: Milk contains calcium, which is known to ease anxiety and control sudden mood swings related to PMS or post menstrual stress.
- Bananas: Bananas have a huge content of dopamine which is a natural chemical that works towards boosting your mood. This is the same chemical released in your body after a session of working out. Bananas also have a lot of potassium and B group vitamins which work towards soothing your nervous system, and a lot of magnesium which brings in positivity to your mood.
- Almonds: Almonds are rich in vitamin E and group B vitamins, which will help you to be more resilient when you are depressed or anxious.
So if you are stressed out, pop in a few almonds or have a cup of tea, and release your stress. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.