Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 44 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra V. Oswal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra V. OswalYour feedback matters!
I hav white skin under my penis which doesnt stop to enlarge. I hav tried many medicines and ayurved (bakuchi) too but it has stopped to enlarge. But what should I do to convert back to dark screen?
I am 56 years, having sugar & blood pressure to control what I should do and nowadays I don't get interest in sex, also nature is like taking tensions,& at evening time my body becomes loose means less energy thanks
From 2 years my right leg is swelling I show to orthopaedic doctor he take out the report sonography and kidney related checkup the reports are normal my duty is 12 hours sitting on the computer the doctor said due to that your leg is swelling now also my leg is swelling I put the leg on pillow for some time then it became normal after ward I sit on the chair for then it start swelling. Kindly let me know whats the problem and what is the solution ?
Sinusitis and throat infection, I have done throat endoscopy and result is normal and swab throat culture test result is growth commensal only, what does it means, it is serious disease or normal.
Recently I am having cough problems. I am a regular smoker. whenever m having a smoke I get a cough. Otherwise I do not.
I am suffering from fever last 7days my widal test is positive and platelets are down to 1, 10, 000 and I am feeling lazy every time what should I do for increase platelets and HB in my body.
I have lost my appetite and it's since very long. What will be the best medicine that I can use to gain appetite? Please suggest me.
Hi I am a diabetic and because of which I am unable to eat sugar, fruits and many other items to fulfill my energy requirement. I feel very low at energy n am loosing my health as well n its affecting my sexual life. Kindly suggest what to do to remain energetic n enjoy a happy married life.
Stroke is a medical condition in which the flow of blood towards the brain is poor and causes the death of certain cells. There are two common types of stroke:
1. Ischemic- due to lack of blood flow
2. Hemorrhagic- due to bleeding
Signs and symptoms of stroke
- Problems with movement
- Inability to feel on one side of the body
- Problems understanding or in speech
- Loss of vision
- Difficulty in carrying out everyday activities
Role of Physiotherapy for Patients with Stroke
- The main focus of physiotherapy is to help you use your arms and legs to regain as much strength and movement as possible.
- If you have one-sided paralysis, correct positioning is important to prevent spasm or injury.
- It helps you to sit up as this will help you avoid blood clots in your legs, improve your breathing and help you recover quickly.
- If you are unable to move, you may be given chest physiotherapy to keep your lungs free of infection.
What does a Physiotherapist do?
- A physiotherapist advises you on how you should be positioned when lying or sitting, and how often you need to be moved.
- Motivates you to be actively involved in your physiotherapy sessions to help you relearn normal patterns of movement
- Decides when you should begin to start walking and what equipment is needed to move or support you
- Provides therapy to strengthen your limbs and teach you how to move again as independently as possible
- Takes care of the fact that no complications should arise and you have a smooth recovery.
- Strength Training: It is evident that strength training can improve upper-limb strength and function without increasing tone or pain in individuals with stroke.
- Gaming: Goal orientated computer gaming has proven to significantly reduce upper limb impairment in stroke survivors.
- Virtual Reality: Virtual reality training has been shown to be effective in restoring upper limb motor impairments and motor-related functional abilities.
- Mirror Therapy: Mirror therapy has been shown to have a beneficial effect on motor control and function compared to conventional therapy.
- Robot-Assisted Therapy: It has been shown to have a beneficial effect on motor recovery and function.
In the upper extremity with severe impairment and/or poor prognosis for recovery, Chedoke McMaster Stroke Assessment (CMSA) of Arm and Hand < Stage 4) treatment should focus on maintaining a comfortable, pain-free, mobile arm and hand. Engage in repetitive and intense use of novel tasks that challenge the stroke survivor to acquire necessary motor skills to use the involved upper limb during functional tasks and activities. Engage in motor-learning training including the use of imagery.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!