Lybrate.com has top trusted General Physicians from across India. You will find General Physicians with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Physicians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahendra V. Oswal
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahendra V. OswalYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from cold & cough since childhood, Had a recent MASTER health check up which says chest infection .how to control cough & cold blocked nose?? Difficult in breathing .Regards Ashok.
Regular headaches in the front part of the head. They become severe when I see bright light. Specially at night. I do not have any problem while I am not having a headache. And one the headache comes I need a sleep to get rid of it. No other way.
I am 22 years old I have migraine foe last 3 years. I took English medicine and Ayurveda medicine. But no changes. Please help me.
Can I take Prothiaden 15 before sex. I thing I have fear of fail performance. Is there any harmful effect of this tab. Or I should not take it?
I am a male age 27. Still virgin. As and when try to enter my wife's vagina. As she is virgin also. It losses its girth. Nd doesn't stay. On. Please suggest remedy for the same. I have tried only once. To enter her vagina.
Dear Dr. My wife is suffering from vaginal itching and lot of whitish liquid flows from the vagina, is this the problem of itching or both are different problems can you please let us know how to cure it.
I am 13 years old. I am a football player. From last many days I am having cramps in my leg again and again. What to do.
Hi, I have been suffering from Abdominal pain from past 1 years & recent got a colonoscopy test done, in Terminal ileum found few ulcers present, biopsy was done to check whether its an crohn's. But the report shows features consists with Crohn's disease after that doctor suggested to do a Stools calprotectin to check any active inflammation, but the report was negative (less than 5), but I still have abdominal pain. Do I have crohn's?
Human skeletal system is formed by bones. Bones unite at joints. Joints are the places where movement takes place. Muscles attached to the bones produce movement. Structures like ligaments are attached to bones which limit movement due to aging and repeated wear and tear the cartilage in between the bones looses its elasticity and gets worn out and has a bad impact over the joint. The problems that arises commonly are cervical spondylosis shoulder pain low back pain osteoarthritis knee heel pain etc,
Physiotherapy deals with these problems by relieving pain with modalities such as interferential therapy long wave diathermy laser therapy ultrasound therapy etc, once the pain subsides exercise therapy are started and ergonomical and home advice are given to prevent the recurrence. Physiotherapy is considered to be the safest method for this problems than surgical
Sciatica pain can be mild to intense. Many with lumbar herniated disc and sciatica often wonder whether or not they require a surgery. Needless to say, it is never an easy decision. But the good news is that micro discectomy surgery has a higher rate of success when it comes to relieving sciatica pain. When compared to many other options, this one is relatively minimally invasive. It doesn’t alter the structure of the spine permanently since it works by removing a small portion of the disc, which has herniated or extruded out of the disc.
When your sciatica pain stems from lumbar disc herniation, a small open surgery with the help of magnification is the prevalently opted surgical approach. On the other hand, a laminectomy is done when the bone or disc pinching the nerve root is required to be removed.
When should you consider undergoing surgery for sciatica?
Typically, neurosurgeons recommend considering surgery for sciatica in a host of situations which include the following:
- Severe pain in the leg lingering for more than six weeks, which mainly affects one side of the leg or buttock
- Intense pain in the low back and buttock, which continues through the course of the sciatic nerve andextends to the lower leg and even foot. This pain can be described as sharp and searing rather than a dull thud.
- When pain has not alleviated even after non-surgical treatments that may include non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs),oral steroids, injections, manual manipulations, and physical therapy
- When the patient is not able to take part in the day to day activities due to intense lower back pain and the symptoms tend to become severe during movements like sneeze and cough.
- When the symptoms are continuing to worsen, thereby indicating nerve damage, particularly when the progressive signs have their root in neurological issues
- It is important to note here that surgical intervention may only be needed when the patient experiences progressive weakness in the lower portion of the body or sudden loss of bladder or bowel movement, which may stem from cauda equina syndrome. Two surgeries, namely lumbar laminectomy and microdiscectomy are performed on the basis of the cause as well as the duration of the sciatica pain.
- In some cases, the symptoms are unique on the basis of the underlying causes of sciatica. For instance, trying to bend the body backward or walking a longer distance than normal may trigger unbearable symptoms. On the other hand, when the affected individual tries to bend the body forward, it can lead to symptoms stemming from the lumbar herniated disc.
- In case sciatica occurs after an accident, injury or trauma, or if it happens in tandem with other symptoms, then it requires an immediate medical attention.
Thus, choosing to go for a surgery depends on several factors that only your doctor can assess and decide upon. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!