Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Mahavir GargYour feedback matters!
I am 70 years old Male. I have problem with right eye. When I wake up in morning I feel some thing in eye & discomfort. After some time it is ok.
Im a student. Im experiencing the headache while I'm listening to classes but I'm able to see the words in long distance. Does I have an eye sight? What are the symptoms of eye sight?
Can we use itone eye drops on a regular basis to keep our eyes healthy. Is there any side effect. If yes can you suggest any other eye drops. I AM WORKING IN A BANK AND AM IN MARKETING DEPARTMENT. So we have to travel a lot and use computer a lot.
My right eye vision is not clear n sharpness is not coming during seeing any object. What I suppose to do. Tennis ball hit that eye 15 days back and some drops help me to reduce redness but vision is not perfect yet. What to do?
I'm 23 year old male (Currently staying in bangalore), From last 8 months while sitting on the toilet tub small white substance is passing through the urin and i'm very scared and shy to consult doctors about this issues. Please help me with this issues. Please tell me surgery is needed or can cure with tablets. I'm very scared about this and i'm from Bangalore so how can I contact doctors over the phone or gmail.
I have head ache from two years it was not curing permanently and I does not have any eye problem. I have consulted many doctors. What should I do?
I have red eyes over three days and pain in eyes or also flow the water in my eyes what should I do?
I have my eyes red or more then 5 days. It has been a Cont problem and I don't know the procedure of t. So please tell me the sol. Both eyes in day time mostly.
When I wake up in the morning I notice few a times that left corner of my left eye filled with fluids. For a little time it exist and then it disappeared, I feel uneasy to open I lead and little pain. What is the reason?
From 2 days back my right eye seems watery and red, it can be eye flu or Bacterial conjunctivitis, please suggest what is fast recovery for it as I am with my family and don't want it spread to my child and other family member. I remember I ate something from some unhygienic last Sunday from that day to till now I am feeling this issue. Thank you.
Please tell me my exact eye power. OD sphere -0.5 cylinder -0.5 axis 180° OS sphere 0 -0.5 cylinder -0.5 axis 5°.how to calculate to get my eye power.
I get pain in my eyes the next day when I drive long distance at night and also when I read for long time I get pain the next day and some times I need to take tablet to stop pain.
Diabetes can wreak havoc on the eye and the foot. Proper care is necessary in order to refrain from any serious consequences. It can damage the blood vessels and the nerves of the feet resulting in numbness and permanent disability. Some of the alarming foot symptoms include bruises, cuts, cracked skin and hard spots. Some of the common measures that need to be taken for foot include checking the temperature sensation of the foot by immersing it in hot water, drying the feet gently in between the toes and using agents such as lotion, lanolin, and petroleum jelly.
- Some of the other preventive measure includes cutting the nails when they are young and straight to ensure no injury to the foot takes place. It should be ensured the toe is not touched by the nail of the toe. A pumice stone can be used to get rid of the corns immediately after a bath. No medicated pads or sharp razors should be utilised to cut corns. The feet should be soaked in warm water before trimming nails.
- A shoe should be put on at all times to save the feet. The shoe sole should be thoroughly checked for foreign objects such as stones and nails to ensure that the foot is not hurt. Tight shoes should be strictly avoided in order to refrain from soreness and blisters. Dry and clean socks should be put up to ensure the foot is clean. For people living in cold area, wearing thick socks should be practised. This will help the foot protect from cold. Finally, a doctor should be called in case there are any visible signs of swelling, redness, cracks, pain or sensation of burning.
- Too much blood sugar can cause harm to the eye in four ways: It can cause damage to the retina, lens, optic nerve and vitreous gel. There could be serious repercussions of diabetes to the eye including low vision and complete loss of vision. Diabetes blocks the retina and is capable of cutting off the total supply of oxygen.
- Some of the common symptoms of retina related problems include double vision, a pressure in one eye, problems in corner vision, flashing lights, pain in the eye, blank spots etc. A simple check up by an oculist can reveal any eye problems related to diabetes.
- An ophthalmologist can treat the diabetes-related eye problem by medicine that blocks the protein responsible for fluid leakage and blood vessel growth. He can also go for laser treatment to treat macular edema. Even scatter laser treatments are also used for this purpose. If all else fails a doctor chooses to perform a procedure known as vitrectomy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.