Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajan ShrutiYour feedback matters!
*body should be kept warm especially feet, chest, throat and head. Sweating is very helpful. The simplest way to do it is drink hot spice tea or some other hot drink and lie down on the bed. Take some warm cover like blanket and let the body sweat for 15 to 20 minutes.
*a glass of warm water mixed with one tea spoon of lemon juice and one tea spoon of honey can be taken 2-3 times a day.
In case of dry cough especially if it trouble is during the night, take cardamom, dry ginger, black pepper and cinnamon in equal quantity, say 10 gms. Each. Take white sugar or rock candy equal to the total weight that is 40 gms. Grind them and make a fine powder. From this take half a tea spoon (about 3 gms.) twice a day with honey or warm water after meals.
In case of sore throat a clove or two cardamoms or rock candy or a few raisins can be chewed. Gargling with warm salty water is also beneficial. This can be done two to three times a day.
For hacking cough and laryngitis: equal parts of honey and juice of baked lemon,(i. E. Sour citrusfruit) or 10 -15 drops of betel leaf juice with honey three times a day.
" the greatest wealth is health"
Hi 3 month back delivered baby girl, till now no periods happen, we check pregnancy test thrice its negative.
Osteoporosis is a disease that affects the bones of its sufferers. This is most commonly found in women, especially in those who are close to, or going through, menopause. Hormonal changes around this period in a woman's life usually lead to various changes in her body. One of these changes includes loss of bone tissue which can leave the patient with brittle and weak bones, a condition that is also known as osteoporosis. This condition literally imbibes the word porous, meaning hollow bones. It is born from an acute deficiency of calcium and Vitamin D. The DEXA Scan or bone density test, also known as the Dual Energy X Ray Absorptiometry Scan, is one of the most effective tests that can help you in detecting this kind of damage or thinning bones. Here's why.
- Fractures: The DEXA Scan is an important one because it sends low energy beams to areas like your joints and tissues to show how susceptible you are to fractures. It does so by measuring the strength of the tissues as well as the bones to see how brittle they may be.
- Other Ailments: Measuring the thinning of your bones can also point to the presence of other ailments that may have gone unnoticed or undetected, earlier. These can include kidney disease, hyperparathyroidism which happens due to overactive secretions of the said gland, as well as liver disease due a malfunctioning liver, intestinal disease and various disorders in the intestinal tract, and a serious Vitamin D deficiency. With this scan, you can get an insight into the other parts of the body affected by the bone density, and whether or not they are functioning properly.
- Estrogen: Simply checking the estrogen levels cannot ascertain whether or not you have osteoporosis, as a high estrogen level can be credited to a particularly heavy period cycle. It does not show the bone health the way a DEXA Scan does.
- Easy and Standardised: This method of scanning usually happens with the help of a mounted X ray machine type, hand held gadget which can be extended to conduct the scan. This is an easy and standardised method that releases low levels of radiation which also makes it a healthier option.
- Bone Density Scores: The T Scores and Z scores point towards the bone density and help in diagnosing the condition efficiently. With a systematic scoring system, it is a sure shot test for osteoporosis.
Osteoporosis is a serious condition. The first step in treating the same is to get a detailed scan like the DEXA scan done, so as to test the extent of the bone thinning to ensure that proper and timely treatment takes place.
Hi SIr/Ma'am, My girl friend getting some white liquid fro her vagina, after 3 days of sex. What should be do.
I am 27 year old lady having pregnancy of 5 month which diet should I need to take for healthy bady. As my doctor said liquid is less in my ultra sound test report also less of protein.
My friend is having abdominal cramps. She is near to her periods nd recently she got intimate with her boyfriend bt she took an i-pill within 40 hrs. What could be the reason. And she also wants to know if she could get pregnant with the lubricant that comes out of the penis. Not the ejaculation bt the lubricant. And that too the penis was not inserted into the vagina but it was just touched on the hymen. Thank you.
My aunt has a depression problem. Consulted by a doctor says that its because of pcos. What precautions she should take while going through this illness.
I was pregnant. And I had a miscarriage when I was two and half months pregnant. My rubella test is positive so should I get vaccinated now for rubella? When can I conceive back?
I am 29 years old and married on 2009 and get conceived but ectopic. I have pcos. One tube is removed and one tube is good by the test of hsg. I want to conceive. And also I am eating raw rice very frequently and I am addicted to it. I don't know to how to overcome this. I want to conceive.
I have pcod and trying to conceive. My doctor gave me three month course of clofert 50 mg. First month it didn't work. Second month it worked and matured egg but pregnancy not happen. Third month again it didn't work till 18th day of period and after 18th day I didn't continue monitoring because I was demoralised. Now I am waiting for my periods and its not coming, my last month date is 7th June. I did pregnancy test at home it was negative. From last 4-5 days brown discharge is also coming but periods are not coming. Can you tell me what it happens. Is there any kind of expectation or its just periods delay because of irregularity. Trying to conceive from last two years.
Want to start contraceptive pill femilon. Three month before my doc suggest me femilon co I have cyst in right ovary. After taking that my cyst was dissolve. N I had gain weight too n no other side effect. Now I want to restart again this pill I want to gain weight. Is it OK to start again.
We've all enjoyed a plateful of guavas, sprinkled with chaat masala and also savoured it in luscious jams, jellies and murabbas, so it's time we find out why our grandmothers have always spoken so highly about this seasonal treat. Guava, popularly known as amrood in hindi, packs an intoxicating strong-sweet fragrance and a distinct taste. Loaded with tiny hard seeds at the center, this tropical fruit is believed to have its origin in central america where it is also known as plum. It is round or oval in shape with light green or light yellow skin, and the colour of its flesh varies from white or pink to dark red and has edible seeds.
Besides its unique flavour and fragrance, guava has been hailed as one of the super fruits due to the numerous health benefits it offers. It indeed is a powerhouse of nutrients. This humble fruit is extraordinarily rich in vitamin c, lycopene and antioxidants that arebeneficial for skin. Guavas are also rich in manganese which helps the body to absorb other key nutrients from the food that we eat. Guavas contain folate, a mineral which helps promote fertility. The potassium in guavas helps normalise blood pressure levels as well. In fact, a banana and a guava contain almost the same amount of potassium. Since it contains about 80% of water it helps keep your skin hydrated, says Dr. Manoj k. Ahuja, sukhda hospital. Here are 15 mind-blowing guava benefits for health and skin you need to know.
Guava for health
1. Immunity booster
Did you know: guavas are one of the richest sources of vitamin c it's true. Guavas contain 4 times the vitamin c content present in oranges. Vitamin c helps improve immunity and protects you against common infections and pathogens.
2. Lowers risk of cancer
lycopene, quercetin, vitamin c and other polyphenols act as potent antioxidants which neutralise free radicals generated in the body, preventing the growth of cancer cells. Guavas have shown to be widely successful in reducing prostate cancer risk and also inhibit the growth of breast cancer cells since it is rich in lycopene, says Dr. Manoj k. Ahuja.
Due to the rich fibre content and low glycaemic index, guavas prevent the development of diabetes. While the low glycemic index inhibits a sudden spike in sugar levels, the fibre content ensures the sugar levels are well regulated.
4. Heart healthy
Guavas improve the sodium and potassium balance of the body, thereby regulating blood pressure in patients with hypertension. Guavas also help lower the levels of triglycerides and bad cholesterol (ldl), which contribute to the development of heart disease. This magical fruit improves levels of the good cholesterol (hdl).
5. Treats constipation
It is one of the richest sources of dietary fiber in comparison to other fruits and just 1 guava fulfills about 12% of your daily recommended intake of fibre, which makes it extremely beneficial for your digestive health. Guava seeds, if ingested whole or chewed, serve as excellent laxatives too, helping the formation of healthy bowel movements.
6. Improves eyesight
Due to the presence of vitamin A, guava is well known as a booster for vision health. It can not only prevent degradation of eyesight, but even improve eyesight. It can help slow down the appearance of cataracts and macular degeneration. Even though guavas are not as rich in vitamin A as carrots, they are still a very good source of the nutrient.
7. Guava during pregnancy
Guavas contain folic acid, or vitamin b-9, which is recommended for pregnant women since it can help in developing the baby's nervous system and protect the newborn from neurological disorders.
8. Beats toothache
Guava leaves have a potent anti-inflammatory action and a powerful antibacterial ability which fights infection and kills germs. Thus, consuming guava leaves works as a fantastic home remedy for toothache. The juice of guava leaves has also been known to cure toothaches, swollen gums and oral ulcers.
The magnesium present in guavas helps to relax the muscles and nerves of the body. So after a hard workout or a long day at the office, a guava is certainly what you need to relax your muscles, combat stress and give your system a good energy boost.
10. Good for your brain
Guavas contain vitamin b3 and vitamin b6, also known as niacin and pyridoxine respectively, which help in improving blood circulation to the brain, stimulating cognitive function and relaxing the nerves, remarks Dr. Manoj k. Ahuja.
11. Weight loss
Want to shed a few pounds? guava is just the ticket. Without compromising your intake of proteins, vitamins and fiber, guava helps you lose weight by regulating your metabolism. It's a win-win! guava makes for a very filling snack and satisfies the appetite very easily. Guava, especially raw guava, also has far less sugar as compared to apples, oranges, grapes, and other fruits.
12. Cough and cold
Guava has one of the highest quantities of vitamin-c and iron among fruits, and both are proven to be preventive against cold and viral infections. The juice of raw and immature guavas or a decoction of guava-leaves is very helpful in relieving cough and cold since it helps get rid of mucus and disinfects the respiratory tract, throat and lungs.
Guava for skin
13. Anti-ageing properties
Guavas are rich in vitamin a, vitamin c and antioxidants like carotene and lycopene which help protect the skin from wrinkles. A guava a day, keeps fine lines away!
14. Improves complexion
Guava helps regain the skin radiance and freshness. Reap the benefits by preparing a DIY scrub at home: all you have to do is mash some guava flesh with an egg yolk and apply it on your face. Rinse off after 20 minutes with warm water. When used once or twice a week, this scrub will remove dead cells from your skin and lighten your complexion. Guavas are also a great source of vitamin k, which helps get rid of skin discoloration, dark circles, redness and acne irritation.
15. Improves texture
Guavas rank high in astringent properties, guava leaves and unripe guavas even higher. Guava helps tone up and tighten the facial muscles, so apply a decoction of the leaves and fruit on your skin and voila!
The vagina is a muscular, tubular structure of the female genital tract extending from the vulva to the cervix (the opening of the urethra). Sexual activity affects vaginal health in a number of different ways during intercourse and in the long term.
A few of the varying effects and the factors responsible for these effects are listed below:
- Changing size of the vagina: The vagina is designed to be elastic and adjustable. So, no permanent change in size is possible but it does undergo temporary changes in sizes as effects of sex. The inner walls of the vagina enlarge during sexual intercourse and during childbirth. Tissues in the clitoris puff out and harden, this also causes an expansion in size. It takes a while to get back to its normal size.
- Vaginal secretion: When you are aroused during sex, the blood vessels supplying the vagina expand immediately. The blood flow increases to lubricate the vaginal walls (rugae). The rugae unfold and the space increases. These secretions are important because, women who are sexually inactive for a long time at a stretch, experience dryness that leads to urinating difficulties and rashes.
- Unusual discharge: Apart from natural lubricants, vagina secretes some fluids, the process being termed as 'female ejaculation'. A tiny amount of white fluid made of prostate plasma cells, is produced just before you climax and discharged with some quantity of urine. Sometimes, prostatic specific antigen (PSA) and prostatic acid phosphatase (usually found in semen) are also found in the secretion.
- Infections in the urinary tract: The friction caused by sexual intercourse may cause small cuts which enable bacteria to pass from the vagina to the urinary bladder through the urethra. This causes infection in the bladder, the urinary tract and the vagina. These can be avoided by using a condom or by urinating before and after having sex.
- Vaginal pain: A lot of women report the experience of pain and discomfort inside or around the vagina during and immediately after sex. The pain can result from repeated sex within a short period of time or reduced secretion of natural lubricants. If the pain is too severe, you should see a doctor because yeast infections or chronic vulvodynia can also be responsible for the pain sensation. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.