Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 25 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajan ShrutiYour feedback matters!
I had ipill period after 5-6 days after having ipill but also I had a lot of bloating acne and upset stomach for sometime. I have missed my period having Back ache and the side of my ovaries pain a lot please help Doctor.
The most commonly encountered two facts about the drug or alcohol use by our addicted kids are drugs/ alcohol are something which they really like those are something which they find really hard to give up. They know that the drug can kill them in a long run, but still they go with the immediate rewards by consuming the drug. The whole addiction thing is about being in the moment and choosing what your brain craves for right now at the expense of other rewards and possibilities. So what we observe is that drug hijacks a person's rational thinking for the long term consequences.
Addiction has to do with changes in the brain that come about gradually, become more and more central, more and more powerful as the time passes by. The drug use becomes the axis of the person, around which the other activities in life takes turn. It takes on the central meaning and role in the person's life in such a way that the most irrational idea about taking the drug or alcohol may seem to the person the most rational in that particular situation, as the drug compromises the person's clear thinking. So yes an addict can make choices for his drug cravings but the way they make choices is the thing we must think about. In an addict the brain does what it needs to do, but in a very non-adaptive way. In simple words addiction hijacks the very parts of the brain that are supposed to fix it.
Craving is the fundamental psychological experience of an addict because of which addiction occurs. Dopamine serves as the fuel for craving and is the common pathway for all kinds of addictions. Natural goodies like the food and sex certainly release dopamine in brain and follow the progression from liking to wanting i. E. Wanting more of those. As per studies, among the natural rewards sex can provide a person with the maximum natural high of upto 200% dopamine levels in brain. But the drugs cause a higher than 200% dopamine levels, which thus is the magic mark for addictive processes to occur. Also with repeated drug use there are changes in the arrangement of the inner landscape of synaptic architecture in brain, such that the thoughts, the images, the memories about the drug use behavior takes over many parts of the cortex of brain and thus the person see the drug cues wherever he gets a dopamine rush, be it with sex or food or social gatherings. Thus dopamine drives the person with a feeling of craving for the drug. Also with repeated dopamine increments of higher than natural amounts, there is maladaptive learning in brain in form of the shrinkage of dopamine cells, decrease in dopamine receptors and depletion of the dopamine stores. Thus the real natural goodies like sex or food are than not able to give a dopamine high and the only way left is to have more drugs. The person becomes impulsive and compulsive in his drug taking behavior. Repetition compulsion feedback loop keeps the person going after the drug use, narrowing the sense of meaningful world for the person. This causes a vicious cycle of incremental drug intake and thus addiction. Dopamine pathways are subdued by chronic drug use and thus the drug addicts are never able to keep up with their promises of staying away from the drug.
But then our brains have enormous reparative capacity and so a lot of the things that drugs do to damage the brain are probably reversible. One of the things that last the longest are the memories associated with drug use and the learning/ operant conditioning that occurs with it. The acute memory of brain over stimulation with drug is captured in amygdale which designates an important part of the instinctual brain i. E. The brain part which can't be controlled. So if a drug related cue is presented to a recovering addict, all that they can remember is the greatest high which they ever had with the drug. Thus the person remains preoccupied and thinks about the drug even when not using it. When this occurs, it is for the lifetime and we can't undo it. Their amygdale are going to light up seeing the drug cues for rest of their lives. This is why we say recovery from drug is a lifelong experience. Studies show a much faster depletion of our brain neurotransmitters by drug use (less than 12 months), than their replenishment in recovery from addiction (5 to 7 years). Thus during recovery an ongoing treatment for the imbalanced brain neurotransmitters and the visible symptoms due to the same is always essential.
1. Eat fruits as they help you restore energy. Apples, mangoes, pomegranates, and pears are best suggestible. Avoid watermelon and muskmelons and also goosing on too many mangoes may cause pimples.
2. Have medium to low salt food and avoid heavy salty food as they are responsible for high blood pressure and water retention.
3. Eating watery foods like lassi, watermelon, rice, muskmelon creates swelling in the body. So, better opt for foods which are drying in nature like corn, gram flour, chick pea etc.
4. Foods such as brown rice, oats, and barley are the best foods one could have in this monsoon.
5. Body’s immunity can be increased by adding a dash of garlic to the soups, sir fries and curries you intake.
6. Opt for yogurt, curd and almonds in your diet instead of milk. Drink only boiled and purified water to protect yourself from harmful germs and drinking plenty of water keeps your body hydrated.
7. Consuming bitter vegetables like bitter gourd, and bitter herbs like neem, turmeric powder and methi (fenugreek) seeds help in preventing infections.
8. Consume drying oils like corn oil or light oil and avoid heavy oils like sesame oil, peanut oil and mustard oil as they fall in first place to invite infections.
9. People who face skin allergies during rainy seasons must avoid spicy foods. Spicy foods raise body temperature and stimulate blood circulation and it leads to allergies and skin irritation. Other problems such as boils, change in skin color dullness, rashes are also some skin damaging effects which arise in this season.
10. Avoid naturally sour foods like tamarind, tomatoes and lime in your diet as it promotes water retention.
11. Avoid too much of fish and meat this season and heavy curries and non- vegetarians should go for light meat preparations like stew and soups.
12. Astringent, mildly bitter and pungent foods must be best served this season.
13. Drink lots of herbal teas, especially those with antibacterial properties. These include ginger, pepper, honey, mint and basil leaves. Excessive intake of coffee and tea dehydrates body fluids so they must be better avoided.
14. Vegetables like cauliflower, potatoes, cluster beans, ladies finger, kidney beans, pigeon pea, and sprouted grains must be avoided.
15. Eat steamed salads instead of raw vegetables as they contain active bacteria and virus that cause bacterial and viral infections.
16. Have fresh radish juice to fight cold and cough. To reduce mucous formations add pipli and rock salt to warm water. This reduces the natural monsoon ailments.
17. Better eat seasonal fruits as non- seasonal fruits get infested with worms during the monsoons. Pomegranates, lychees, apples, bananas are among the recommended.
18. Avoid eating fried items, pre- cut fruits and juices from road side vendors and stick to high quality and hygiene.
19. People who suffer with arthritis should drink warm water with tulsi and dalchini (cardamom) on an empty stomach in the morning. Doing this improves bowel syndromes and also decreases pains in joints.
20. Always wash vegetables well and keep them clean especially if they are taken raw.
I am suffering from irregular menstrual cycle and i am married since three years and I want to conceive and my weight is appx 80 above please suggest me.
I'm 19 years old I have pcod and very worried about this, please tell me what should I do to get rid of this.
Dear Dr. I had sex with my girlfriend. Her age is 20. And I had use condom. And her periods dates is between 22 to 28 but Dr. She still doesn't come. Give me some idea. Consult me any type of pill. I think condom have failed Thank you.
I got married in 2014. And now after 2 years of marriage, I don't have any child, after than I was told by someone to go through the HSA, and in report azoospermia was shown. Now I want to know that can azoospermia be treated.
After 7 weeks of elective L. S.C. S lump has been developed in umbilical midline. I have done usg and reports saying minimal subcutaneous collect in suprapubic region and in infra umbilical midline. After 2 days of usg suddenly pus has been discharging from c section scar. I have reported all that my gynaecologist and they have given me antibiotics. Please suggest me what to do.
Sir I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend on 28th November and she has her periods on 14-17th of December. Sir she gets pregnant can we opt for any other option than abortion. We both absolutely do not want a kid now sir we both are of 18 only. Sir plss tell me what can be done with this. We do not want a kid. Can something be done to kill the embryo within or abortion is the only option? If so then where can we get it done in which kind of hospital?
Hello sir. I am in big problem sir please help me out. Sir I had sex on 12th with my girlfriend and during sex condom was torned. And the sperm get injected in her vagina. After then I had given her a pill name unwanted72 on next day. And regullarly her period date is 14 and now its 22 but then also period not comes. So is there a chance of pregnancy?
I am 28 yrs old. Got married by nov 2015. After my marriage my periods got delayed everymonth. Getting periods by 35-39th day. Now am in 43th day. Am having a symptoms of hungry and often peeing. Am I pregnant?
My wife suffer from pain while doing intercourse she also get swelling on vagina after intercourse. Please give me solution thanks.
I am 31 years old waiting for my 1st pregnancy. Last month I had only one day spotting but the UPT was negative. I took follicle study and it was 1.8*1.6 on day 14 and ruptured. Endometrium was 10.7.Doc gave HCG 10000 for rupturing. Me and my husband had relationship on 14,15 and 16th day. Today is day 23 and I am having lower abdominal pain. But I don't have any feeling of my period. I wanted to know if I am pregnant. Today I took drotin for pain. Does it affect the pregnancy if it is there. Will drotin make periods to come?
I have been feeling itching sensation near vaginal opening. It's not continues it only persists for few mins. I may feel it once in 2 or 3 days. I have consulted gynac. She said it's light infection and prescribed nuforce tablets and candid V gel. I have not got complete relief after that. Still sometimes I experience itching. No odour. No discharge.
I am 5 months pregnant and I am suffering from fever. Please suggest me medicine which I can take during pregnancy having no side effects.
The study found couples struggling to conceive eat less fruit and vegetables than people who have just become parents.
Men who want to become fathers should eat their greens
Fruit and vegetables are good for male fertility because they contain compounds that could protect sperm from damage.
The minerals zinc, found in beans and pulses, and selenium, found in eggs, help keep testosterone levels high.
The antioxidants found in fruits help protect sperm from cellular damage and keep them strong and speedy - just what they need to race through the fallopian tubes and fertilize the egg.
Zinc deficiency can actually reduce testosterone levels; for men with low testosterone - zinc was shown to raise testosterone and increase fertility. Zinc deficiencies are some of the most common deficiencies found in both men and women. Sources of zinc are sesame seeds, raw pumpkin seeds, and green peas. Find vitamin a - which is important in preventing sluggish sperm - infertility foods such as leafy greens, carrots, red peppers, and apricots, to name a few. Get vitamin c - which is critical to sperms motility and viability - in papaya, Brussels sprouts, strawberries, oranges, kiwifruit, tomatoes, grapefruit, and broccoli, among other foods. And get vitamin e - which helps keep sperm vital - from vegetable oils. Fruits and veggies such as leafy greens, beans, and most fruits contain folic acid - a b vitamin with antioxidant properties that's crucial for keeping sperm free of chromosomal abnormalities. Pomegranate juice: another powerful player in antioxidant. Foods rich in l-carnitine are nuts, seeds, and many vegetables, including artichokes, asparagus, beet greens, broccoli, brussels sprouts, collard greens, garlic, mustard greens, okra, and parsley. This amino acid is a necessary nutrient for sperm cells to function normally.
Hi 4 months before, I kept coppr t. I have 9 months baby by cesearin. So now my periods are irregular. Body pain, back pain also. what can I do now? what are the other options for safety?
Please thank me if you feel its good.
3 things you need to do right now.
## decide ## commit ## succeed
Important tips for weight loss.
1) eat breakfast regularly.
2) eat small 4-5 meals a day.
3) eat a mid meal in between each main meal.
4) include daily eggs nuts fruits in your meals.
5) avoid junk food.
6) avoid alcohol and smoking.
7) exercise atlist 4-5 times a week.
8) even if you were to take medicine or supplements. They will not work in isolation.
#stop glucosamine to loss weight
1) avoid eat sugar and fat e. G ghee/fried stuff
2) take a plate of salad before meals. Try to avoid no of chapati.
##lastly be committed. Remember its a life style change. And not a one time change, its a balanced intake that will last longer.
So try to follow this tips seemingly and the results will follow you.
1) do regular exercise like brisk walking (at least), running swimming.
2) avoid sedentary and lazy lifestyle.
3) if you lifestyle is moderate. Then go ahead with cardio exercise or hiit.
4) if you're lifestyle is active. Then join a gym add some weight training.
5) run on treadmill after workout to burn double calories.
6) new to workout, then workout daily 1 muscle group a day. After 90days can go for 2 muscle group.
7) work station is near to your home. Then buy a cycle.
8) stop taking your bike/car if you feel you can walk thru.
######please consult your trainer for best workout chart######
###sample diet chart###
Breakfast -- wheat of mung (green beans) sprouts and one cup skimmed milk.
Mid morning - coconut water or dry fruits or lemon tea or vegetable soup
Lunch - salad or raw vegetables such as carrot, beetroot, cucumber, cabbage, tamotos. In case if you don't get digest raw vegetables, neither ateam or boil them. And whole grain bread of wheat chapati (indian recipe) and glass of butter milk, it will good if you add some roasted cumin seeds, and green coriander leaves and bit salt and grated ginger in the buttermilk.
If you feel to eat rice then please eat 1cup brown rice not white.
Mid evening - juice or apple or brown bread with egg.
Dinner - your dinner will decide your weight loss goal.
Eat salad with juice or your can add fish. No carbs
Before bed - 1 glass of skimmed milk.