Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahajan Shruti
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajan ShrutiYour feedback matters!
I am 26 years old m having chest pain, back pain, vagina pain itching on vaginal area and on back. What should i do?
I am a 30 year old woman. I am having rashes itching and burning around vaginal area from last 10 days please advise.
Hello doctor, I am 25 years female. I have PCOD from last 5-6 yrs. I have taken medicine (3 cycles) several Times to regularise my periods. This time it has been 6 months since I got my last period. I have started taking primolut N twice day to get my periods .Is this dosage correct? Should I continue this dose for 5 days?
Ulcerative Colitis is one of the severe and chronic forms of Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) that can throw life in a jeopardy. The condition that mainly affects the rectum and the large intestine can cause severe inflammation, ulceration, and abscess formation. The ulceration or the inflammation of the colon and the rectum left unattended for too long can give rise to deleterious consequences including damage and perforation of the colon, osteoporosis. Various studies also suggest that ulcerative colitis can increase the risk of a person suffering colon cancer.
Like most of the IBD, there is no definite cure for ulcerative colitis. The illness is a chronic condition and can flare up or recur at any point in time. Though medications may help to control the damage and the complications triggered by ulcerative colitis, a surgery may be essential in case of
- Severe damage to the colon.
- The nonsurgical treatments could do little to improve the conditions.
- There is an increased risk of colon cancer.
- Ulcerative colitis has resulted in Toxic megacolon (a life-threatening condition where the large intestinal muscles have dilated with some swelling).
- There are extreme discomfort and bleeding.
Surgeries to deal with Ulcerative Colitis
- In the case of Ulcerative Colitis, the nature of the surgery depends on the extent to which the colon or the rectum or both have been affected and damaged.
- In the case of extensive damage with a high risk of colon cancer, the surgeon may perform Proctocolectomy or colectomy
- Colectomy may involve
- Following the excision, the surgeon may carry out necessary rearrangements to reconnect the remaining portion of the colon to the abdomen through an opening known as stroma (the procedure is known as colostomy).
- In case of Total Colectomy, the small intestine will be connected to the abdomen by a process known as Ileostomy.
- Proctocolectomy involves the removal of both the rectum and colon to avoid further aggravation.
- Following the proctocolectomy, the surgeon may carry out Ileoanal Anastomosis (Ileal Pouch-Anal Anastomosis). In this procedure, a pouch is created using a small part of the small intestine. This pouch is then connected to the anus to help in the elimination of the wastes.
General precautionary measures to control Ulcerative Colitis
Making healthy lifestyle and dietary modifications can go a long way to control ulcerative colitis and the associated symptoms.
- Spicy foods can worsen the incidence of ulcerative colitis. Enrich your diet with lots of fruits, vegetables (squash, avocados, fish (especially salmon and tuna), meat, dairy products, olive oil, walnuts, flaxseed oil, almonds.
- Make sure the diet is a low-fiber diet.
- Avoid alcoholic and caffeinated drinks and beverages, foods high in sulfur content, refined sugar.
- Research suggests stress and lack of physical activities can aggravate the ulcerative colitis. Mediation and daily exercise can produce fruitful results.
- Make sure your sleep is not compromised (6-8 hours daily).
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I'm pregnant. My first scanning is over in 3 rd month. The fetus measurement is detailed in scanning report. How much is measure is require in 3 rd month baby.
I have drop wise flow from last 11 days. I had my date on 14th previous month but this month it went to 11th n till now only drop wise flow is there. My usg is normal tsh t3 t4 levels are normal I always had periods on tym with normal flow wat has happened this tym then?
Sir my girl friend has suffering from a pain under the stomach, and a water like substance came through vagina at that time of pain, at the time body full pain and feeling tiredness, these are the symptoms that comes from after sex, we have did sex actually 4 or 5 times some months, she's period has more changes occurred now. That is, more bleeding happens periods time, she feels more irritation and she said that these are changes that occurred her body, what is the reason behind this? If any problem or she will pregnant?
Hlo, maine information lni thi k kya ek din me 2 bar intercourse krne se pregnancy hoti hai hmme kitni bar krna chahye din me or kitne din bad krna chahye or hmme after intercourse kya nai krna chahye aisa jisse conceive nai hota aisa kya krna chahye intercourse ke baad ke conveive ho jaye jld please suggest meeee.
I am 28 years old women. I am doing my phd I am married and I have two years old daughter. Now I got pregnancy I just want to abort this baby because I am busy with my PhD work, it is going to complete with in a year now I got pregnancy. My LMP is 4/12/17. Please prescribe some tablets.
Today, most people’s perception of a beautiful woman is a tall, slim, fair skinned woman. However, not everyone is built with such a physique but still have a beauty of their own. As they say, beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and if you think you are beautiful then that confidence will indeed give you the grace and elegance to be noticed. Sadly, we tend to focus more on the social perception of beauty and tend to find faults with ourselves as we try to fit into that mould. These constant negative thoughts lead to the development of emotions that range from discontentment to depression and hence are extremely unhealthy. Here are a few tips to help break out of this negative cycle:
Look Out For Thinking Errors- Most people with a negative self-image tend to think along a few common lines. Recognise these thinking errors and try avoiding them to build a more positive self-image. This includes thinking only in extremes, magnifying things, turning emotions into reasons etc. Realise that thinking negatively makes it more difficult for you to achieve your goals or what you want out of life. Recognising these patterns is the first step towards accepting yourself and building your self-confidence.
Stop Making Comparisons- From early childhood, we begin comparing ourselves with others. As we get older, we compare our self-image with what we see on magazine covers and billboards. Even though we know they have been digitally enhanced, we still aspire to look like them. However, each person’s physique is different and it is not possible for everyone to look like a model.
Recognise Your Strengths- You may have heavy hips but at the same time, you also may have beautiful eyes. Focus on the parts of your body that you love and each time you find yourself complaining about your self-image, remind yourself of these parts. Be grateful for what you have instead of sinking into a victim syndrome.
- Look Out For Triggers- Find out what triggers negative thoughts in you and stay away from them for a while. For some people, this may be in the form of magazines while for others it may be certain TV shows or even the company they keep. Surround yourself with positive imagery and positive people who will support you and uplift you instead of simply sympathising with you and letting you believe that you are a victim. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.