Lybrate.com has top trusted Neurosurgeons from across India. You will find Neurosurgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurosurgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahajan Sachin
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Treatment of Spine Injuries
Brain Tumor Surgery
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Spinal Cord Injury Medicine
Accident Injuries Treatment
Spine Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Mahajan SachinYour feedback matters!
Hi could yoy please tell me about Parkinson disease and its effects as I am suffering from it thanks.
My father is paralysed and he is using leofin 10 for longer time but we don't see any improvement is there any alternative medicine for this.
I am surfing from epilepsy from 15 year. Taking two pills of Valprol CR 300 MG and levipil 500 MG twice in the day form 5 year. From 3 year I have not suffered form any stroke or any conscious but form these tablet I have severed some side effect like memory impairment, headache, dizziness, stupor, somnolence, convulsion, disorder, abdominal pain, anemia thrombocytopenia, weight increased, extrapyramidal disorder, deafness, tremor Please suggest can I stop to take this table or change the tablet.
A migraine is one of the worst forms of headaches. It can result in excruciating pain leading to temporary impairing of a person. The pain is often one-sided and can last up to days. The pain can be pulsating or throbbing. Apart from pain, some other symptoms of this disease are insensitivity to light, vomiting, nausea, light temperature etc. For extreme cases, a patient might face symptoms such as temporary blindness, tingling sensation on the hand or leg area, flashes of light etc. Some common triggers of a migraine include loud music, sunlight, mental stress, improper sleep etc. While lifestyle changes can bring temporary relief to migraine patient, homeopathy treatment aims at permanent relief from a migraine altogether. In this article, we will describe few homeopathic medicines that can do wonders for a migraine patient-
- Belladonna- This is one of the most effective medicines for a migraine. This medicine is appropriate to those whose pain is throbbing in nature and originates from the temporal region of the brain. The pain of this kind starts suddenly without any warning signs whatsoever. The pain worsens with exposure to sunlight, cold air, touch etc. Applying pressure to the region of pressure makes the patient feel better. The patient of this nature finds it difficult to sleep as the pain increases with supine posture. Belladonna can be the perfect medicine for patients suffering from these symptoms. Daily intake in the empty stomach can improve migraine pain by leaps and pounds.
- Sanguinaria- This homeopathic medicine is used especially for migraine patient who feels pain only on the right side of the head. For patients whose a migraine gets initiated at the back of the head, faces the pain once in every week, gets relief from sleeping and lying down etc, Sanguinaria is the best homeopathic medicine one can have. It is wise to consult a homeopathic doctor to decide the dosage, medicine intake timings etc.
- Spigelia- This is a homeopathic medicine that pays rich dividends to those migraine patients whose pain starts from the left side of the head and finally settles down in the eye region. The patient often feels that there is a tight rubber band that has been around the head. The pain is sharp and aggravates with touch. Applying ice further worsens it. Spigelia is one homeopathic medicine that can greatly extend relief to such kind of migraine patients and can even cure the condition with prolonged intake.
- Natrum Mur- This is one universal homeopathic medicine that can extend relief to those migraine patients who has a headache that is congestive in nature. Some typical symptoms include face redness, throbbing nature of the pain, increase of pain with exposure to heat, feeling relieved by uncovering the head etc. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Its been 2 months and I can feel my legs and arms trembling or shaking like if I am sitting on bed lean on one side with support of my hand ,i can feel it shaking and it happens sometimes and same goes with my legs too. I consulted Doc, he told me this is normal and happens due to stress in kids of your age. I am 21 years old ,kishan. Is this really normal or which doc should I consult too?
Had Pyogenic Meningitis in April-May 17, caused MVR. Was stable with LEVIPIL 500 1-1-1 & EPTOIN 100 1-1-1 After Antibiotics treatment from 28-4-17 to 26-5-17. Had CABG + MVREPAIR DONE perfectly ON 28-11-17. Again she had Cerebral Seizure on 4-12-17, resulting in on Ventilator for 15 days, ICU For 22 days, feeding RT, Causing Acute Myopathy & BRACHIAL PLEXUS Neuropathy. On discharge on 29-12-17, ANTI Epileptic Levipil 1G 1-0-1 for 5 days only. VALPROATE Chrono 500 1-0-1 for 10 days then to continue VALPROATE 300 1-0-1. Again She had SPO2 Problem and somewhat dowsyness. EEG No Seizure activity. Prescribed to continue Levipil 1Gm 1-0-1 Tab Encorate 300-0-500. Sir we are perplexed One Neuro says Levipil 1G 1-0-1 for 5 days other Neuro says to continue 1-0-1. Sir, Please elaborate.
I am a sugar patient last one year but sugar is normal. I am suffering from last 10 years foot burns. Please advise good medicine
What Is Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is a medical condition in which the patient's breathing is obstructed for brief periods of time. Normally, air flows into the lungs at all times. But for a person suffering from OSA condition, the breathing pattern is hampered and the flow of the air is restricted. The flow of air stops because the airway space may be very narrow. Snoring is the biggest symptom of obstructive sleep apnea.
All the symptoms that you might be experiencing due to lack of sleep will be experienced through OSA. They are periods where there is a decreased oxygen supply to the brain and as a result, you will be experiencing a disturbed sleep throughout the night. Some of the other symptoms can include headaches, forgetfulness, and drowsiness. Depression, hyperactivity and swelling in legs and daytime drowsiness are other common symptoms that can be associated with it.
OSA is common in people who are overweight and people who suffer from obesity. There are 3 major types of sleep apnea.
- Obstructive sleep apnea: This is the most common type where the airway becomes narrowed or blocked.
- Central sleep apnea: There is no blockage involved, but the brain does not give out any signal to breath.
- Mixed sleep apnea: This is a combination of both - obstructive and central sleep apnea.
The other factors that can cause OSA can include children with large tonsils, large tongue, and certain heart diseases.
A diagnosis of sleep apnea begins with a complete history and physical examination. Your snoring patterns are analyzed and how rested your body is being taken into account. The doctor will also examine your head and neck to identify any physical factors that may be associated with sleep apnea. Mostly you might be asked to take a test at one of the sleep centers to identify your sleep patterns. The results would be analyzed for better identification of the treatment.
Positive Airways Pressure Therapy, or PAP therapy, can prevent or reduce the serious health consequences of OSA. PAP therapy helps people with all levels of OSA, from mild to severe. It is most common therapy for OSA.
There are different forms of PAP therapy. All forms of PAP help keeping the airway open during the night. These devices provide a stream of air through a mask you wear while you sleep. The airstream prevents your airway from closing, so you don't stop breathing and wake up during the night.
The mask must fit and make a seal in order to keep throat open. A good mask seal will prevent air leaks and maintain the right level of air pressure. The amount of air pressure needed is different for each person.
PAP is usually the first form of treatment for OSA. There are other treatments for OSA. You can talk to your health care provider about which treatment is right for you.
If you are overweight, weight loss can help improve or eliminate your OSA. Oral appliances will use to treat mild to moderate OSA. They fit over the teeth and are worn during sleep. People with OSA may have surgery to reduce the tissue in their throats or to help them lose weight. Lifetyle of behavioral changes, such as quitting smoking or not drinking alcohol, can also help treat OSA. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Pulmonologist.
Here are 10 foods you should add into your diet that can help improve your mind:
1. Leafy greens. Some ideas: kale, spinach, collard and mustard greens. These foods are high in folate and b9, which improve cognition and reduce depression.
2. Cruciferous vegetables. Broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy, brussels sprouts and kale contain folate and have cartenoids that lower homo-cysteine (an amino acid linked with cognitive impairment).
3. Beans and legumes. These foods contain more folate, iron, magensium and potassium that can help with general body function and neuron firing. They also contain choline, a b vitamin that boosts acetylcholine (a neuro transmitter critical for brain function).
4. Whole grains. Good bets include quinoa, kammut and gluten-free oats (not bread and cereal)
5. Berries and cherries. These fruits contain anthocyanin that protects the brain from further damage caused by free radicals. They also have anti-inflammatory properties and contain antioxidants and lots of vitamin c and e.
6. Pumpkin, squash, asparagus, tomatoes, carrots and beets. These vegetables, if not overcooked, contain vitamin a, folate and iron that help with cognition.
7. Omega 3s. People whose diets contain daily omega 3s have been shown to have 26% less risk of having brain lesions that cause dementia compared with those who do not. These fatty acids help the brain to stay in top shape. You can get your omega fatty acids from fish, flax seeds, olive oil (not safflower) or by taking a good quality omega 3 supplement.
8. Almonds, cashews, walnuts, hazelnuts, peanuts and pecans. All of these nuts contain omega-3s and omega-6s, vitamin e, folate, vitamin b6 and magnesium.
9. Sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. These seeds contain zinc, choline and vitamin e.
10. Cinnamon, sage, tumeric and cumin. Theses spices can all help to break up brain plaque and reduce inflammation of the brain which can cause memory issues. In addition to eating the foods listed above, you’ll want to decrease the risk of illnesses that can make your brain age such as obesity, heart disease, diabetes and hypertension.