Lybrate.com has a nexus of the most experienced Neurologists in India. You will find Neurologists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Neurologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Mahabal Shah
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Treatment of Paralysis
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Brain Tumor Surgery
Electroconvulsive Therapy (Ect) Treatment
Surgery Of The Facial Nerve
Radiofrequency Neurotomy Procedure
Spine Surgery Treatment
Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi) Treatment
Treatment of Traumatic Brain Injury (Tbi)
Assistive Walking Device Training
Vagus Nerve Stimulation ( Epilepsy )
Deep Brain Stimulation Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Mahabal ShahYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 39 years old female. I have chronic insomnia for the past ten years. I have had many sleeping pills. Have been taking ayurvedic and home too. But still it takes a toll on me sometimes. I want to sleep like a log. Please give your valuable advice. Thanks.
I am 33 week pregnancy. Recently started with severe dryness in mouth and breathlessness at night. Insomnia troubling a lot. Please URGENTLY need your valuable suggestions and home remedies if any.
My mother is suffering from back cramp or spine problem. Her leg is also effected, it also become tight at night. Doctor's report told that it's not slip disc prob. My mother is in depression now thinking about paralysis attack. please help me.
Hi Sir, Can I give Patanjali Medhavati to my son 3 years old along with homeopaths medicine maintaining time difference? If yes how much should be the time difference between dose of homeopathy and ayurvedic medicine, kindly advise he is suffering from mild autism and is having MERCURY and calcium carbonica currently. Appreciate your help on this.
I am 21 years old .having a slight disbalance while walking and sometimes while sitting .what can be the cause?
I usually feel pain in my neck hard to look side to side and feeling numb in the back of my head to my shoulder. Also hard to swallow and headache casually and feel numb in the foot and hand. What is it my problem? Thank you.
His head is paining since 3 years sometimes it pains a lot doctors ary saying that he has a migraine or something.
Sleep apnea is a potentially dangerous sleep disorder in which you stop and start breathing frequently while you are sleeping. Symptoms of sleep apnea often include loud snoring and fatigue even if you sleep uninterrupted through the night. Obesity and age are the common risk factors of sleep apnea.
The most common type of sleep apnea is obstructive sleep apnea, in which the throat muscles contract and relax while you are asleep. The other type of sleep apnea, called central sleep apnea, usually occurs in people who have been diagnosed with brain tumors, infections or heart failure, or have had a stroke.
Treatment of sleep apnea includes:
- CPAP: The Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP) device is generally recommended in the treatment of sleep apnea. CPAP is a breathing machine that stops your airways from getting blocked when you are sleeping. The CPAP device is normally the size of a tissue box. It comes with a mask that you put over your mouth and nose. The machine attached to the mask pumps a continuous flow of air that keeps your airways clear as you sleep.
- BPAP: The Bilevel Positive Airway Pressure (BPAP) device is used as an alternative to the CPAP device, if you find it hard to adjust to the CPAP. If you have a weak pattern of breathing, the BPAP can be helpful.
- ASV: The Adaptive Servo-ventilation (ASV) device is used to treat both central and obstructive sleep apnea.
- Treatment for other medical conditions: Sometimes sleep apnea can be caused by underlying health conditions. Problems such as rhinitis (nasal passage inflammation) and hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid gland) can cause sleep apnea. In such cases, your doctor needs to diagnose these conditions first before treating your sleep apnea.
- Lifestyle changes: Excessive weight sometimes can cause sleep apnea; so losing excessive weight should be a priority. Also, alcohol and tobacco can contribute to your symptoms, so try avoiding those.
- Medication: Usually, doctors do not prescribe any medicine, since sedatives and sleeping pills actually worsen sleep apnea. But, in case of sleep apnea in children, doctors typically suggest intra nasal corticosteroid medicine to treat the symptoms.
- Surgery: Surgeries to increase the size of your airway or to remove your adenoids, tonsils or extra tissues in the rear of your throat or your nose can prove helpful.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!