Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Ophthalmologists in India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Reduced Vision Treatment
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Treatment of Squint
Visual Field Testing
Age-Related Macular Degeneration Treatment
Diabetic Retinopathy Lasers
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Laser Refractive Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Madhusudan JhamwarYour feedback matters!
I have a problem on my eye getting radish soon while ridding bike. Please give me a solution? Can I use an optical?
I have nystagmus problem since childhood because of this my vision is going lowing. Is there any option on nystagmus problem? Please help.
My husband always complains about indigestion and heart burn. What diet should he follow and which doctor I should see.
My son is 11 years old . He is having mayopia and he is using glasses. But he has vision problem during night time. Can you advice remedy for this.
I have shot tightness and red eye and water flow is it a problem glasses is a solution what is your opinion.
I have been suffering from high fever and cold. My eyes are red. I am taking paracetamol but its not helping. What should I do?
My name is ravi kumar I am 21 years old I work in system more than 12 hours a night coz I am a night shift employee doctor here I place my question in day time I sleep after 12pm some times it may be extended 2 pm but I sleep nearly 5 hours or 6 in day before and after my bet my eyes got burning sensation I did'nt even check a eye specialist I got fear of my eyes burning sensation what must I do please suggest me your kind opinion to get rid of it if I must wear a glass what type of glass should it be and what will be its cost or without wearing glass if this problem can be solved? what must I do doctor thanks in advance.
My brother does not see properly at night whenever its see all thing whether its near by him or far away. What should we do ?
I have a little problem. I am facing red eyes for 2days, I used pataday drop twice a day but nothing happened. What should I do?
As I have already asked a head related. Question bcoz. Of. That from last few day my right. Eye gets wen it. Comes. In. Contact with very cold. Water and. It. Pains so badly and. There. Is. Nothing I can do. When I rub it. Becomes. More. Big and it. Pains. So badly and. Some. Pimple. Are. Also there around eyes. Which. Pains so. Bad.
I have dandruff and hair fall, oily head, and i am getting bleeding in gums, I have dust in my eye what should I do?
I have an pain in my legs from 3 days and have pain in eyes also so, Please tell me what should i do?
I am a engineering student. Because of my health problems such as tears are coming automatically from my eyes when I was reading something or driving bike. And also my eyes become red in morning time so what can I do?
I have red eyes since 1 year n I have no irritation n sight problem.. The thing is only red color why? N what I shld do to get them white.
I have red eyes and its paining and evening time it's paining morning time no problem what should I du?
An eye stye develops when a specific oil gland at the edge of an eyelid gets infected. A stye looks like a pimple in appearance and may occur either outside or the inside of an eyelid.
Here are several facts you should know about eye styes:
- Pain, redness and tenderness are the first signs: After these symptoms are observed, a small pimple develops in the affected area and swells up the eyes. In some cases, only the immediate area is affected while in other cases, the entire eye gets swollen.
- Styes do not cause problems with vision: Vision is not affected by eye styes much and both near vision and far vision will remain unaffected.
- Staphylococcal bacteria causes an eye stye: This specific bacteria is usually found in the nose which makes it easy to transfer to the eyes when you rub your nose (read more about Allergic Issues of the Nose) and then the eyes.
- Styes are contagious: Every human contains this bacteria in their body, which cause styes and any person of any age can develop an eye stye. Eye styes are contagious in nature and can spread from person to person. You must keep your eyes and hands very clean and must not share pillows, bed sheets or towels.
- Most eye styes heal on their own: Most styes heal on their own within a few days. Applying hot compress for fifteen minutes, three to four times a day, can help you get relief from an eye stye. This process, continued over a long time will cause the stye to rupture, drain and heal on its own.
- Do not pop an eye stye: People have the habit of popping pimples (know more about the Home Remedies to Get Rid of Pimples) with their fingers, but it is advised not to do that in case of eye styes. You must allow the stye to heal on its own.
A stye occurring inside the eyelid is called an internal hordeolum and might not rupture or heal on its own. This type of stye is serious and requires medical attention, the doctor will surgically open it up and drain it. You will be prescribed antibiotic ointments in case of recurring styes. Pre moistened eyelid cleansing pads can also be used to maintain hygiene and avoid blepharitis.
Eye stye can occur due to other eye issues: Other conditions of the eyes can also cause eye styes. The affected area undergoes frequent watering, light sensitivity gets increased and the person may feel something is stuck in their eye. An eye stye causes infection of the eyelids and affects the entire eye. Although they are not very serious and in most cases heal on their own, proper care, and precautions should be taken for eye styes. If you wish to discuss about any specific eye problem, you can consult a specilized opthamologist and ask a free question.