Lybrate.com has an excellent community of Veterinarians in India. You will find Veterinarians with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. Find the best Veterinarians online in Pune. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Madhavi Awale
Treatment of Animal Disorders
Treatment of Animal Diseases
Treatments For Birds
Neurosurgery In Dogs And Cats
Services For Birds
Treatment For Reptiles
Veterinary Dental Prophylaxis
Veterinary Surgery Soft Tissue
Submit a review for Dr. Madhavi AwaleYour feedback matters!
My dog is having high fever with blood in motion and also vomiting since 1 day. He is 3 months old. Please tell me what to do? please
Hello! sir/mam I have a 6 years old pomerian and now I adopted a stray dog which is approx. 8-9 months old. Now the pomerian has started attacking the smaller one n is becoming aggressive. Please help how to tackle the situation. Can I give some medicine (homeo) for controlling anger or something else. Thanks.
I have this puppy with me from last 10-12 days. I adopted him. He's active and eats regularly. Pedigree twice or thrice a day and rest home food like chapati ,rice, biscuits,breads etc. He got 2 months old today, he's stomach is showing growth, but his neck and face are still the same they were on the day I brought him.
mera ek dogy ka size chhota hi rkhna chahta hu.kya koi aisa treatment hai. [I have a pet dog and I want to keep him small sized. Any treatment possible?]
I have 1 year old Labrador dog and he sheds a lot continuously from 7-8 months till now. First I thought it was a seasonal but it does did not stop. I gave him Himalaya Furglow, Vithum-H syrups but not much effective. I also bought anti dandruff shampoo and made him bath many times but the dandruff goes out but no stopping of hair shedding, I give him drools premium dog food 2 times, chapati and milk, eggs at 2-3 days interval, curd and rice. Some times family members give him salty snacks like namkeen, salty biscuits but no sweet things. I also deworme him every 2 months and changing every time the deworming tablets. He is very active and smart. So what should I do to stop hair shedding. Is it any internal problem because I have seen that even street dogs shed like nothing when I rub my hands on them but my labrador dog shed a lot compare to that when anyone rub hands on his body. Please suggest any remedy.
My dog is street dog and aged 11years. He keeps biting himself now and have become lazy. Is this coz of age or some other reason.
I have a German Spitz of 2 years 3 months, he suffered from jaundice some days back he if fine now but i am still worried because doctor recommended 3 injections but he did not take the last injections .Will it show problem later in his health
8 Things You Can Do to Protect Your Dog in the Summer
- Never, ever leave your dog in the car;
- Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water;
- Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside;
- Take walks during the cooler hours of the day;
- When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like asphalt) because it can burn your dog's paws;
- If you think it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet – make sure your pet has a means of cooling off;
- Keep your dog free of external parasites (fleas, ticks) and heartworms – consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet;
- Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet), and apply sunscreen to your dog's skin if she or he has a thin coat.
1. Make sure your dog has unlimited access to fresh water all the time.
2. Make sure your dog has access to shade when outside.
3. Take walks during the cooler hours of the day. Avoid 5-7 pm evening as the steam emitting from the road can kill your pet with heat stroke!
4. When walking, try to stay off of hot surfaces (like coal tar roads) because it can burn your dog's paws.
5. If you feel it's hot outside, it's even hotter for your pet - make sure your pet has a means of cooling off.
6. Keep your dog free of external insects (fleas, ticks) - consult your veterinarian about the best product for your pet.
7. Consider clipping or shaving dogs with long coats (talk to your veterinarian first to see if it's appropriate for your pet).
8. If you have a short nose breed like pugs or bulldogs, keep a Turkish towel with you whenever traveling. Whenever you notice he/she is panting heavily, you can soak the towel in water and wrap it around his body to have a local cooling effect.