Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 42 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M Y BapayeYour feedback matters!
Hi I am 30 years old I have black marks on my forehead And when I use any gel or oil for hair my face will change in oily give me the solution. Please advice
How to whiten skin permanently. Which creams have to use for whitening. My hands are black. I want to white my face and body, and lips.
I am 24 year girl. I have dark circle around my eyes. I am using carofit ultra and melacare plus but I can't see any difference. What should I do.
Hello Doctor - I very recently did ECG, Ultrasound in Abdomen, Chest X-Ray, CBC and LFT. In ultra sound it is identified I have stone in my right ureter junction causing mild hydroureteronephrosis and I am able to pass urine without any issue but sometimes I get pain in my bladder in chest X-ray it was also identified I have bronchitis in my lungs. Also I did CBC twice in last two weeks and my ESR had increased from 13 - 22 mm/hour and I feel burning sensation all over my body. My physician says it is because of bronchitis and hydroureteronephrosis. I am having burning sensation since last two weeks and because of this I got few black marks in my palms, feet sole and couple of other places. Request if you could advise what is causing this issue? I am 29 years old, Male.
My skin have lots of pimple and dark spots. I had fair skin in childhood but now my skin is black and wrinkled. What should I do. Answer anything other than'go meet a dermatologist" thank you.
Mere Pitaji ko back side bhagandar ho gya hai piche se blooding v hota hai aur usko unhone operation kraya but koi response nahi unki age 47 hai please reply what we do?
Hlo dr, my self janki, I M 22 year old ,i m taking (2/3 days) homeopathic medicine , when I started to use at my face itch problem or pimples big more then before started. And I think no benefit of homeopathic medicine for me what can I do can I change my Dr. .plz tell me. My face looking horrible.
I have pimples on my face give some tips to cure pimples on my face and also black dots in my face please give valuable suggestion.
I am 27 years old, my skin is very sensitive, any types of hurt it grows up particular this area for some time then it back to normal. What should I do? please help me.
Hello sir, my name is ravindra Kumar. And my problem - dark circles in my face. How to prevent this type of problem. Please suggest me to medicine.
Sir I suffered ftom itching in 2014 by eating groundnuts. It left black spot on my bodies. I have consulted skin doctors. But no effect on these spots. Now I m very disappointed. Please tell me any solution.
Most women love the idea of having healthy and silky skin that feels smooth to touch. However, due to a certain reasons, some women can have excessive, unwanted hair on their chest, hands and face. The pattern is similar to what is seen in men. This can be a major psychological problem. Read on to know more about some of the common reasons for this and how it can be managed:
Common causes behind it
Hair pattern is largely determined by genetic makeup and hirsutism is often caused by genes, hormones, or medication which is another main cause is the excessive amount of testosterone in women. Conditions like obesity, polycystic ovaries disease, ovarian tumours, adrenal tumours, Cushing’s syndrome and drugs like Danazol can cause excessive androgen hormones. Women with this condition may also have a deep voice, huge breasts, enlarged clitoris, severe acne and may also suffer from hair loss. These symptoms are collectively referred to as virilisation.
Ways to control hirsutism
The treatment is aimed at removing the unwanted hair and treating the underlying cause. A combination of medications and procedures can help in removing the excessive hair.
- Weight loss: Reducing weight makes the body produce less of the male hormone, and so hirsutism is controlled.
- Female hormone replacement: Birth control pills are a good choice for women who do not want to get pregnant. They control the androgen hormone production and reduce hair growth and other characteristics.
- Anti-androgens: Spironolactone is an anti-androgen which counters the effect of testosterone; however, these have side effects and self-medication is not advisable.
- Topical creams: The face is the major area of concern and so creams like eflornithine are useful to control hair growth on the face.
Depending on the patient’s severity of the problem and expectations, the following procedural options are available. While some of these can be done at home, others might require a visit to a doctor.
- Shaving: To be done repeated as and when the growth occurs.
- Tweezing: Isolated strands of hair can be removed with a tweezer.
- Waxing: This is useful in removing hair from large areas (chest, hands, etc.)
- Bleaching creams or lotions: The hair stays in place but is lightened in colour to give it a camouflaged appearance.
- Depilatory creams, lotions, or gels: These break down the hair follicles and prevent hair growth.
- Electrolysis: A small amount of electric current is applied to the hair follicle to destroy it, thereby controlling hair growth.
- Laser hair treatment: A small beam of highly concentrated light is applied to the affected area to damage the hair follicles and control hair growth.
Hirsutism is definitely not desirable, but there are definitely ways to manage the problems and get back to having a smooth, silky skin.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.