Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adolescent Problems Treatment
Limping Child Treatment
Management of New Born Care
Treatment of Newborn Jaundice
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Adolescent Disorders Treatment
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Treatment of Childhood Diabetes
Cleft Lip Treatment
Management of Postnatal Care
Child Growth Management
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Management of Childhood Nutrition
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Quad Screening Treatment
My nephew, who is 9 months old, got hurt on his fore head by a tap. He has not been vaccinated with tetanus. Is it ok if he s not vaccinated with TT.
Dear Sir, Greetings for the day. My Son's age is 1year 5months. My son is facing very difficulty to go for motion and cry a lot that time, he is not drinking any liquid apart from milk. Kindly suggests me.
I have 10 month old son. He Is having small pink colour patches in stomach just 3 days before it started. First it was white dots now turned to pink. When He was 4 month old same thing happened it was there for one month. And it s only in stomach area day by day it changed into white patches. He Is having very dry skin. Even his cheeks got pink. Later I applied coconut oil in cheeks. Now little ok. I am giving him daily oil bath oNly. It came during winter time now second time again in summer time. What to do. Dr. Gave fluro net cream. No use of it.
Hi Dr. Greetings for the day! My baby girl birth with cleft palate now she is 4 months old. And I am planning to fit a feeding plate. Now my question is 1. If I fit feeding plate now will it be remove later at the time of surgery, or the same plate will be fixed for permanent. Also she is not gaining weight as ASD and PDA (7mm) was there from birth. Now only PDA (5mm) is there. Kindly suggest how she will gain weight. Birth weight 2.5 kg now she is in between 2.6 to 2.7 kg.
Please guide me regarding vaccination for my daughter she is 15 month old every doctor has there own chart I am. Confused which chart to follow. Last vaccination I have done chickenpox, hepatitis A, MMR 1 dose.
My son is 15 months old and he is suffering from cold frequently. He can't able to breathe also I have consulted many doctors but there is no change suggest me opinion how should I treat my son.
My baby is nine and a half months old now. He is able to stand on his own by holding a chair, sofa or wall. When will he start to walk?
My daughter is 6 months old and we have started feeding her solid food kindly suggest safe food/liquid. Is it ok to give her almond, honey (not together. We also giving apple juice prepared at home.
Hello doctors, My baby boy had developed very flatten head due to my careless nature. :(had not taken the proper care. I had a normal delivery, He is 3 months 25 days old. It looks very wired in shape from front view his head looks like "D" shape. Now n very worried about him coz he is having big head. Now don't know what to do n what not..! Pata nahi ye kb Thik hoga n kb nahi ya aisa hi rahega :(plzz doctor's please clear my doubts n suggest some method to correct his head shape please. N ofcousre I don't want give him hamlet kinda thing. So please help to clear my doubts n suggest me suggestion.
I have delivered twin babies. A boy and girl. Both of them are catching cold very often. Once in 2 weeks they are falling sick. Mostly they have cold in the chest and they cough. We use nebulizer at home. It is effective but once again they catch cold. We are also giving them monticope daily as preventive medicine. Can we do something else to prevent. Could this be due to sweat. Any home remedies we could try or could you advice on how to manage.
my daughter age 4 every 15 days she have cough n cold cough comes continuously during night it comes more right now I am giving levolin syrup please help.
Pl prescribe home-medicine with respective doses for a 2 years 9 months baby for A) Cough n Cold, B) High Fever (101dgr, C) Pain due to Fall, D) Sudden Vomiting. She is my grand-daughter.
Early childhood is a time when the brain develops rapidly and nutrition is an important part of healthy brain development. It is important for children to eat a variety of foods that can provide them with the proper intake of carbohydrate, protein, good fats, minerals, vitamins and antioxidants. There is a very strong mind-gut connection; therefore focusing on the food you choose to complete the nutritional needs of your child can make a great difference in their brain function.
Certain foods are better for our brains than others, these brain foods may help boost a child's brain growth and even improve the memory and cognitive development.
During infancy, the amino acids and fatty acids in breast milk are ideal for optimal brain development. The brain continues to grow throughout early childhood and children who do no consume a balanced diet are at risk of developing mental retardation and behavioral problem.
10 brain foods to feed the mind and body properly:
1. Whole grains: Brain needs a consistent supply of glucose, thus foods those are high in refined sugars and carbohydrates leads to rapid fluctuation in blood glucose levels and the brain doesn't get the steady fuel supply and energy for proper functioning, therefore to nourish the most active part of body include whole-grain breads, oatmeal, roasted grains in the diet of children for regular release of glucose in body. Oats are also rich in vitamin-B, Vitamin-E, potassium and zinc.
2. Eggs: The protein and nutrients in eggs help kids concentrate because the egg yolks are packed with choline which boosts memory. Eggs are also rich in protein, which provides energy to help the brain stay alert longer.
3. Fish: Fish is a good source of vitamin D and omega-3s, which protect the brain from declining mental skills and memory loss. Salmon, tuna, and sardines are all rich in Omega-3s. The more Omega-3s we can get to the brain, the better it will function and the better kids will be able to focus.
4. Seeds: Packed with protein, essential fatty acids, vitamins and minerals. Seeds may boost mood and keep your nervous system in check. For example sunflower seed butter as they are rich in folate, vitamin E and selenium and are safe for nut-free zones.try to include seeds directly to the meals.
5. Iron is important for brain development: Preschoolers and toddlers typically eat less iron-rich foods than they did in infancy. In addition, the iron that children get is usually non-Heme iron (from plant sources,) which has lower availability than heme iron (from animal source).sources beef, nuts and dark leafy vegetable (spinach) and tofu.
6. Milk and Yoghurt: Milk and yoghurt contains healthy fats and proteins those are important for brain health. The majority of the brain is made up of fat, so it is no wonder healthy fat is important to feed the developing brain. Protein is important as it can help brain cells send and receive information effectively. Yoghurt also contains good bacteria that will help boost your child's immune system as well as aid digestion, children need higher dose of vitamin D, which is present in dairy and its products.
7. Organic Foods and leafy vegetables: These organic foods are free from pesticides and insecticides and preservatives and do not cause neurodevelopment problems in children, which will impair proper brain functioning. Green leafy vegetables are loaded with vitamin A and K; these keep inflammation at bay .e.g. Spinach, kale, lettuce.
8. Walnuts: The high level of antioxidants, vitamin and minerals in walnuts improves the cognitive health of kids and improve their mental alertness also.
9. Colorful veggies: Vegetables with a rich, deep color such as tomatoes, sweet potatoes, pumpkin, carrots, and spinach are the best sources of antioxidants that support brain health and keep brain cells strong. These foods can be given from weaning age.
10. Berries: The color of the food tells the nutritional value of it. All the berries like strawberry, cherries, blueberries and blackberries have intense color are especially rich in vitamin C and high levels of antioxidants. Blueberries have high levels of Gallic acid, which boost memory by preventing degeneration of brain cells.
So, go ahead and try to include different food group to your Child's plate for a better performance.