Lybrate.com has top trusted Endocrinologists from across India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Sperm Donor Program
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. M. DeshmukhYour feedback matters!
Please tell me the maximum limit of insulin can be taken as I am taking 27 units at bed time basalog.
Iam 49 yrs old having DIABETES for more than 10 years I have tried all medicines with insulin also but my blood glucose is high between 260 to 280 in empty stomach.
I am 46 yes, diabetic but no medicine. 2.5 years back got injured during throwing stone to a man go tree by falling into the field. I got treatment from orthopedics ond take injection. But not completely cured, even pain in right shoulder, x-ray report OK. Exercise done regularly. Pls advice.
I am suffering in Palpitation from 5 years, and now I take Met xl 25 tablets regularly, and also suffering Thyroid and so I take Thyriobless tab.
What is the alternate for taking insulin injections daily. It is so difficult taking injections daily.
Best Foods to reduce Uric Acid Levels
Hi! I am dietician Sheela Seharawat, Mentor Diet Clinic. We are in this field since 11 years and have been treating so many therapeutic patients. Agar aaj kal aap dekhoge uric acid se related kaafi humare pass patients aa rahe hai, females, males as well as kids. Toh, uric acid mein agar aap diet ka dhyan rakhoge toh aapko jo pain ho raha hai uric acid ke jaise joint pain, ya fir inflammation toh un cheezon se aap recover kar sakte ho. Usme aapko kya cheezein dekhna hai, diet mein kya kya cheezein include karna chahiye jo uric acid ko kam kar sakta hai.
Sabse pehle aur important factor aapke uric acid ke liye water intake. Aap jitna bhi water intake karoge apne daily basis pe utna hi aapka uric acid kam hoga. Uske liye I will suggest go for minimum 10-12 glasses of water per day jisse ki aapke toxins bhi bahar nikalte hai aur toxins ke sath sath aapka uric acid bhi bahar nikalta hai body se. Toh, paani jitna peeyoge aapke liye utna better hoga. Uric acid mein aap kuch fruits include kar sakte ho jo ki aap ke uric acid ke level ko kam karne ke liye helpful hoga jaise ki cherries and strawberries kyunki inse kya hoga ki inka nature hota hai anti-inflammatory, ye aapke body mein jitna jayega ye aapke body ke pain ko kam karega aur aap ka uric acid ke wajah se jo inflammation ho raha hai usko kam karega.
Second thing, citrus things or you can say rich in vitamin C. Jitna bhi foods stuffs aapke vitamin C mein rich hote jaise amla, lemon, guava wo kaafi faidemand sidd rahega toh aap apne daily diet routine mein include kar sakte ho. And, apple is also very important, plus apple cider vinegar, ye bhi aapko apne diet mein include karna chahiye agar aap uric acid ke patient ho. Uric acid patients ko vegetables, soup zarur include karna chahiye jo ke aapke sath sath water intake ko bhi pura karta hai aur plus kuch anti-oxidants bhi aapke body mein jayege. Especially aap include kar sakte ho carrot, beetroot and cucumber. Uric acid patients ko I will suggest agar aap 1 teaspoon flax seeds aap zaroor use kar sakte ho, that is really beneficial.
So, I will suggest agar daily routine pe aap 1 spoon flax seeds overnight soak karke aap include kar sakte ho wo aap ke uric acid ke level ko kam karne mein help karega. Uric acid ke patient ko dhayan rakhna chahiye ke aap jo chai aur coffee le rahe ho toh kam se kam uska intake karo because tea is a rich source of uric acid. Toh aap din mein jitni baar chai avoid kar sakte ho, wo better otherwise one tea per day is more than enough. And, paani ka intake jitna karoge aapke liye utna hi beneficial hai. Toh, ye the kuch points uric acid patients ke liye jo aapko apne daily routine mein rakhne hai.
For further queries you can connect us on Lybrate.
I have detected decompensated cirrhosis of liver with moderate ascites, I had admitted in the hospital for 5 days, at present I have GI ENDOSCOPY and USG the report is normal. Only plain ascites seen. I am taking one aldactone 100 mg after breakfast and one neurobion fort after dinner. Please advice me diet and medicine for the doses. Thanks.
I am 44 years old. My name akshay shah. I have diabetes last 4 years. Last 2 years I have take one medicine name glimisec 1 mf. My fasting is 115. Ppbs @ 180 to 200. Please suggest some other way without medicine dose hike I have control my diabetes.
We know that diabetes can harm your eyes, nerves, kidneys, heart and other important systems in your body. But did you know it can also cause dental and gum problems in your mouth?
The link between diabetes and oral problems is real, though lesser known. Diabetics are at a higher risk for periodontal or gum disease which is an infection of the gum and bone that hold your teeth in place.
Research also shows that alternatively, periodontal disease may also make it hard for you to control your blood glucose.
If your diabetes is not under control, you are more likely to develop problems in your mouth like-
- Dry mouth, a condition that happens when you do not have enough saliva—the fluid that keeps your mouth wet. It is a common symptom of undetected diabetes and can also cause mouth soreness, ulcers, infections, and tooth decay.
- Another problem diabetes can cause is a fungal infection called thrush or candidiasis because diabetes usually causes the glucose levels in your saliva to increase. And this encourages the fungus causing thrush to grow in your mouth, leading to painful white patches.
- When diabetes is not controlled, high glucose levels in your saliva also help harmful bacteria grow in your mouth. These bacteria combine with food particles to form a soft, sticky film called plaque which causes tooth decay. Plaque also comes from eating sugary and starchy foods.
- And some types of plaque cause tooth decay or cavities and other types of plaque cause gum disease and bad breath.
- Diabetics have a higher incidence of Gingivitis which causes unhealthy, red, inflamed gums. You need regular flossing as well as cleaning at the dentists to prevent it.
What can you do?
- You must keep your blood glucose under control to prevent mouth problems. Diabetics with poor blood glucose control get gum disease more often and more severely than diabetics whose blood sugar is under control.
- If you have diabetes, you should brush and floss every day and follow this up with regular dental check-ups.
- Call your dentist when you notice a problem in your mouth. Keep observing and checking your mouth regularly for any problems. Don’t ignore minor stuff like gum bleeding during brushing and flossing. And also notice dryness, soreness, white patches, or a bad taste in the mouth. All of these are big enough reasons to visit your dentist.
- Tell your dentist if your dentures suddenly don’t fit right or if your gums are sore.
Also, take care to quit smoking. Smoking makes gum disease worse and causes dry mouth which aggravates oral problems.
Needless to add, good blood glucose control is your best defence against the oral complications of diabetes like gum disease. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a dentist.
Also termed as diabetic eye disease, this is a disease in which the retina gets damaged due to diabetes. This usually leads to blindness. In most cases, as inferred from various studies, this affects people who have had diabetes for more than 20 years. Diabetic retinopathy can also be a problem for women during pregnancy. With proper monitoring and treatment, this disease can be cured. One major way to prevent this disease could be by regulating diabetes.
Signs and symptoms
Like many other eye disorders, this too has no warning signs. However, in general, people with macular edema are likely to have blurred vision, making it hard for the individuals to carry out tasks like driving and reading. In most cases, if not treated, the situations may worsen with time.
Stages of disorder
- Initial stage: In the initial stage, it is called non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. There are generally no visible symptoms and patients may even have a normal 20/20 vision. The only way to detect non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy is by fundus photography in which the microscopic bulges that are filled with blood can be detected in the artery walls. In case, the patient suffers from reduced vision, to see the back of the eye, a fluorescein angiography is performed. This way the blocked and narrowed retinal blood vessels are visible. The lack of blood flow due to blocked blood vessels is called ischemia. Macular edema can occur at any stage of non-proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this condition, the contents of the blood vessels leak into the macula region, thereby causing blurred vision, distorted images, etc. In such cases, optical coherence tomography can be carried out to show the areas in which retinal thickening has occurred.
- Second stage: The second stage is termed as proliferative diabetic retinopathy. In this stage, occurrence of new abnormal blood vessels is seen. These form at the back of the eye. These blood vessels are fragile and hence can easily burst and bleed, thereby causing the vision to blur. If this occurs for the first time, it may not be severe. Only a few specs of blood or spots floating on the visual field of the patients can be noticed. Within a few days, these spots may enlarge and the leakage of blood may increase, which can impact vision. The blood might take a few days till a year to clear entirely. In some circumstances, the blood might not clear at all. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.