Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. LuneYour feedback matters!
Eating what is best for eye so that number can be decreased? What can be done for good eye health for a person working in front of computer maximum?
I went to eye specialist. He diagnosed it as refractive error. And gave me -.25 for left eye and -.75 for right eye. How can I be sure it is not because of prodep.
Hi doctor, I have sunken eyes due to which the face looks dull/tired and dark circles are visible frequently. Being in an IT company my eyes are exposed to computer screens. Can there be any cost effective treatment for this? Appreciate if you quote the treatment cost too. Thanks and best regards.
Hello Doctor, I am having night vision problems while walking on the road or while watching TV. What type of food can I include in my diet to improve my night vision? Please suggest.
Sir, I am having trouble with my eyes. My eyelids are getting swollen very frequently at nights during winter. And I feel dryness beneath my eyelids. It creates an itching sensation. Please help me to understand what it can be and what medication should I take. Also I wear glasses and sometimes use contact lenses. Your help is Highly appreciated. Thanks a lot.
I am 18 years old male, I m having pain in my eyes from last 2 days and also my eyes have turned red. What to do now? please help.
Eyes need as much regular exercise to keep them healthy as any other organ of the body. Eye exercises are usually designed to provide strength to eye muscles, while improving focus, allowing flexible eye movements and helping stimulate the vision centre of the brain. Eye exercises might not necessarily improve eyesight but they help in preventing eye problems and maintaining the correct eyesight level.
Here are 4 eye exercises that can help strengthen the eye muscles and improve your vision:
1. Blinking - Your eyes get strained due to long hours of sitting at the computer or television and you tend to blink less. Whenever you blink, your eyes stay in darkness for a few microseconds that help to keep the eyes fresh, while reducing eye strain.
2. Palming - This exercise involves three steps:
- Taking a few deep breaths before beginning the exercise
- Make yourself comfortable by resting your elbows on your knees and slowly closing your eyes
- Cover your eyes with the cup of your palm, place your fingers on the forehead and the heel of your hand on your cheekbone
This exercise helps in achieving inner peace and calm and also helps in resting your mind.
3. Figure of eight - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and provides flexibility. In this exercise, you need to imagine a huge eight in front of your eyes. Slowly turn the 8 on its side. With the help of your eyes slowly trace the figure of 8. Repeat it the other way after a few minutes.
4. Near and far focusing - This exercise helps in strengthening the eye muscles and improves the vision of your eyes. It involves the following steps:
- Either sit or stand in a comfortable position for 2-3 minutes
- Bring your thumb about 10 inches in front of your eyes and try to focus on it
- Now try focusing on an object that is about 10-20 feet in front of your eyes
- Try switching between focusing on the other object and your thumb on each deep breath. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ophthalmologist.