Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dentists in India. You will find Dentists with more than 43 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lumbini H
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Teeth Cleaning (Scaling) Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lumbini HYour feedback matters!
Having gum bleeding problem for 5-6 yrs - get the gum line cleaned 2 yes back - it was stopped for 1 yr and now started again get cleaned gum again with no luck- please advise what should I do . Is there any medicine or fixed treatment to stop this .i tried flagella as well couple of times with no luck - I don't smoke / vegetarian diet - my all gums are very clean.
Teeth me water cold and hot lagta h halka dard b rehta h please tell me kese kya kru ki thik ho jay.
I having a bad breath problem. My teeth n gum are absolutely in good conditions. My dentist say nothing problem in my teeth. I research on net they various thing like halitosis, stone etc.in nasik there is no hospital to treat this .I have no money to diagnosis .plz help what can I do. Any doctor who can help me. Or anything which tell the root cause. N treatment or doctor name who treat in low cost.
I have a 28 year old female friend with persistent tooth ache in her right back tooth. What medicine should she take.
My jaw are block by eating tobacco product and I consult many doctors for this but no relief and I want proper care for this thing that happen to me can you please tell me what can I do and tell me the best doctor in lucknow.
My mouth become full bitter. Since from one month. What is the reason? tell me home remedies. Please
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to consult a doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.