Lybrate.com has top trusted Cardiologists from across India. You will find Cardiologists with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Cardiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Balloon Angioplasty Procedure
Treatment of Hip Disorders
Prevention of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart At
Holistic Heart Wellness & Health Care - Ayurveda
Mitral Valve Replacement Surgery
Cerebral Palsy Treatment
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Treatment of Blockage, Atherosclerosis & Heart Att
Cardiac Ablation Procedure
Coronary Bypass Surgery
Carotid Angioplasty And Stenting Procedure
Cardiac Catheterization Procedure
Implantable Cardioverter-Defibrillators (Icds) Tre
Angioplasty Stent Surgery
Preventing Stent Surgeries
Submit a review for Dr. Lohokare NitinYour feedback matters!
My father was detected with localized prostate cancer last year and was followed by a heart attack later. He then have to undergo angioplasty with a non-drug eluting stent. Over one year has passed and his Stress test reports are excellent now as per cardiologist. Can he undergo a radical prostatectomy (prostate cancer surgery ) now or it will be risky for him to undergo surgery? Thank you.
The TSH was 7-8 (3-4 years back) I was prescribed Thyroxine 75 OD but unfortunately I discontinued it 2 years back. Now these days, I felt overweight (100 Kg / 5' 10.5' Hight) and less energy so I get the test again by self. The results were. 27/Sep/16 T3 94 (Ref: 60 - 200) T4 3.1 (Ref: 4.5 - 12.0) TSH 18.92 (Reff: 0.30 - 5.5) I met my doctor and he advised to continue with Thyroxine 75 OD. Later after one month I get these tests done again. 7/Nov/16 T3 94 (Ref: 60 - 200) T4 6.2 (Ref: 4.5 - 12.0) TSH 7.45 (Reff: 0.30 - 5.5) I was advised to get Lipid profile as well, so reports are. TOTAL CHOLESTEROL 190 mg/dl (Ref: 125 - 200) HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT 30 mg/dl (Ref: 35-80) TRIGLYCERIDES 506 mg/dl (Ref: 25 - 200) LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT 100 mg/dl (Ref: 85 - 130) VLDL CHOLESTEROL 101.12 mg/dl (Ref: 5 - 40) TC/ HDL CHOLESTEROL RATIO 6.3 Ratio (Ref: 3.0 - 5.0) LDL / HDL RATIO 3.3 Ratio (Ref: 1.5 - 3.5) NON-HDL CHOLESTEROL 159.7 mg/dl (Ref: < 160) Please suggest if I am suffering from something serious. However I have started walk for 1-2 KM every evening.
Due to some family issue, I am very depressed now days, my skin is getting very dark n I am having hair loss problem. With having breathing problem and low blood pressure. Kindly help me.
I am 37 year old male person would like to knoe herbal medicines or diet for suppression of total cholesterol in general and LDL in particular.
Dear sir/Madam, I have severe pain some times at my left side chest. Previously I was a smoker n drinker but now I left every thing from past 7 months. Some times I wil observe that my heart is beating with fast. Do not know wat is the reason Regards. KIRAN.
Cholesterol is a vital component, which helps the body to make healthy cells. This wax like component is found in the lipid of the blood. An increased cholesterol count elevates the risk of heart diseases in a person. It thickens the vessels of the arteries resulting in less oxygen flow in the heart. This, in turn, increases the chances of a stroke. High cholesterol can happen from lifestyle habits and inheritance. It is completely treatable and preventable.
What causes high cholesterol?
The blood carries the cholesterol which is attached to the proteins. The combination of cholesterol and protein is known as the lipoprotein. Primarily there are two different kinds of cholesterol that the lipoprotein carries:
- Low-density lipoprotein: LDL is the bad guy that carries all kinds of cholesterol present in the body. It eventually rests on the walls of the arteries, making it narrow and hard.
- High-density lipoprotein: This is the good guy which scans the excess cholesterol and take them back to the liver.
Ideally, the body should have low LDL and high HDL. But often the reverse happens, resulting in high cholesterol and cardiac diseases. Factors such as unhealthy diet, inactivity for most of the day and obesity is responsible for the same. Even the genetic set up can play a hand in a high count of LDL in the body. There is nothing that can be done in this case except to seek medical help.
6 factors that put you at risk:
- Poor diet: Cholesterol levels are dramatically increased when baked products and saturated fats are consumed in an excess amount. Other high cholesterol food products include dairy products, processed fats and red meat. Refraining from this food items will drastically reduce the chances of getting high cholesterol in the body.
- Obesity: Obesity results from too much of fat storage in the body. It not only fatigues a person faster, but puts a person at high risk of getting cholesterol. The body mass index should be always lesser than 30 to abstain the risk of cholesterol.
- Waist circumference: A waist circumference of more than 40 inches in men and 35 inches in women can increase the risk of cholesterol.
- Diabetes: This is one of the major causes of high cholesterol. It not only damages the artery lining, but results in higher LDL and lower HDL.
- Less workout: Leading a life which is devoid of exercise and jogging can increase the chances of getting high cholesterol. Exercise boost HDL count in the body and mitigates the risk of low HDL.
- Smoking: The blood vessel walls get damaged with smoking. The blood vessels start accumulating fatty acids thereby increasing the chances of getting high cholesterol.