Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Endocrinologists in India. You will find Endocrinologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Endocrinologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Type 1 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Litten PatilYour feedback matters!
If we find sugar levels gone above 240 what medicines should we keep ready at home. In case of no doctors available near by.
Hello doc , I had mifepristone 200 mg 2 pills on 18th and misoprostol 200 mp 2pills on 20th orally and 2pills vaginal and I puked after 15 mins if misoprostol ,i had heavy cramps and nauseous feeling ,bt very lil bleeding , now its 21st can I start the process again or should I go for d and c .
I am a 46 years old male detected for diabetes since 2001. Currently I am on a medication of diapride M2 Jalra 50 before breakfast in the morning and Diapride M1 before dinner in the evening. I am concerned about my fasting blood sugar reading which averages around 140. PP readings are below 180. What action / changes I should undertake to get my fasting reading under 120. Please advice.
I am diabetic, I am taking Melmerby SR 1000mg before food one morning one night, now my blood sugar fbs 120 and pls180mg, is the right dose and control?
I am 50 years old, male and diabetic for last 10 years. Last few weeks, I have been having a heavy throat heightened by cold water consumption. In the last week to ten days, I sweating profusely in the night in the neck region. And sometimes, my breath smells of phlegm. Is there any infection in the nasal pharynx area? Should I see my physician?
1. Excercise definitely helps since it burns the calories in blood so sugar come down
2. Controlled diet so as to enjoy foods in life while not over burden you body with sugar in blood or glucose
3. Now a days herbal tea is available -to drink 3 times a day if control over the
Sugar is fine < continue / with out discontinuing the medicines if already taking
While you monitor the sugar levels
4. Direct avoiding the sugar and sweets made with sugar and jaggery (gud)
You can call or write
My father has diabetes for last 15 years, and he has also high Blood pressure for last 8 yrs, he is taken medicines for both diseases prolong time, is their any chances of side effect? Another question is blood sugar level is not remain normal in all the time, after taking medicine also, why is this fluctuation? Is there any medicine for controlling Sugar level? He is maintaining a diabetic diet also.
There are many myths about diabetes, especially related to what you can eat and what you can’t. Lots of people think that diabetics shouldn’t eat sweets at all. This is not true. Similarly, all carbs and fats are not bad. A high protein diet is also not required and there are no special diabetic meals. So, what should you as a diabetic, eat to combat diabetes? Read on to find out:
- Low glycemic index foods: Complex carbs are best for you as they limit the amount of sugar released into your blood stream and are digested more slowly and prevent your body from releasing too much insulin. These are also called low GI foods as well as slow-release carbs and are also high in fibre. Processed carbs like white bread, pasta, and rice, as well as sodas, packaged meals, and snacks must be junked. These are all called high glycemic index (GI) foods and spike your blood sugar.
- Manage sugar wisely: Diabetes doesn’t mean that you can’t eat sugar or desserts. It means you have to be smart with sugar, like
- Take smaller servings of your favourite desserts as they are best eaten in moderation.
- Reduce the sugar in your diet slowly rather than at once. This will give your taste buds some time to adjust, reducing sugar cravings.
- If you want to eat dessert, hold back on carbs in a meal. Balance out meals so that you don’t eat too many carb-heavy foods.
- Add some healthy fat to your diet, as it slows down the digestive process, which means that your blood sugar levels don’t spike as quickly.
- Eat sweets along with a meal and not alone: Sweets eaten alone can spike your blood sugar levels a lot.
- Don’t drink alcohol: Alcohol is full of calories and carbs and cocktails are loaded with sugar. Alcohol can interfere with diabetes medication and insulin, as well.
- Avoid junk, soft drinks, soda and juices: They are all packed with sugar.
- Avoid processed or packaged foods: These are loaded with hidden sugars. Eat food cooked at home.
- Remember high protein diets are not always good: Studies have shown that if you eat too much protein, especially animal protein, you may become insulin resistant. A healthy diet for diabetics includes protein, carbohydrates, and fats for the body to function properly.
- Eat more of these
- Healthy fats found in raw nuts, olive oil, fish oils, and flax seeds.
- Also eat more fruits and vegetables. Avoid juices.
- Eat more high fibre cereals.
- And avoid foods like
- Trans fats which means all deep-fried foods
- Fast foods, especially cakes, pastries, and chips
- Red meat
Remember, your overall eating patterns are very important. It’s also important to eat at regular intervals and avoid missing meals. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I am diabetic type 2. Doctor gave me trajenta and Glucophage. My sugar level is below 150. Do I continue the same of change medication.
Low sperm count. This is most often the cause of male infertility.
Low sperm motility. Second most common reason
Abnormal sperm. Another common reason
Low sperm count should not be viewed as a definitive diagnosis of infertility but as one indicator of a fertility problem. A normal sperm count is considered to be 20 million per milliliter of semen.
Male infertility is usually caused by problems that affect either sperm production or sperm transport. Through medical testing, the cause of the problem may be found out. Roughly 2/3rd of infertile men have a problem with making sperm in the testes.
Male infertility affects approximately 7% of all men it is commonly due to deficiencies in the semen, and semen quality is used as a alternate measure of male fertility.
A lower amount of semen may indicate an issue with the seminal vesicles, blocked ducts or a prostate gland issue. Sperm count – 20 million to 300 million per milliliter is considered in the normal range. Below 10 million is considered “poor.”
Types of infertility and causes of infertility in men:*
* Male subfertility
* Low concentration of sperm in the semen
* Sperm abnormalities/abnormal semen
* Abnormal shape/morphology of the sperm
* Problems with movement/motility that makes sperm delivery difficult
* Abnormal liquefaction, absence of viable, healthy sperm,
Blockages or obstructions in the genital tract that prevent sperm delivery that can occur due to:
* Developmental disorders of the epididymis, vas deferens or seminal vesicles
* Scarring from inflammation
* Infertility caused by medical conditions, such as varicoceles and testicular torsion
* Genetic abnormalities
* Hormonal imbalances
* Lifestyle choices and environmental exposure.
* Idiopathic Infertility.
Initial testing will likely include:
Semen analysis, Ultrasound, Post-ejaculation urinalysis, Genetic testing, Sperm function tests, Hormone testing, Blood tests
Treating Male Infertility -
Assisted reproductive technologies (ART)
IVF, GIFT, and other techniques
Drug therapy for hormonal disorders
Treatment for problems with sexual intercourse.
चीनी एक जहर है जो अनेक रोगों का कारण है.
(1)-- चीनी बनाने की प्रक्रिया मेँ गंधक का सबसे अधिक प्रयोग होता है । गंधक माने पटाखोँ का मसाला ।
(2)-- गंधक अत्यंत कठोर धातु है जो शरीर मेँ चला तो जाता है परंतु बाहर नहीँ निकलता ।
(3)-- चीनी कॉलेस्ट्रॉल बढ़ाती है जिसके कारण हृदयघात या हार्ट अटैक आता है ।
(4)-- चीनी शरीर के वजन को अनियन्त्रित कर देती है जिसके कारण मोटापा होता है ।
(5)-- चीनी रक्तचाप या ब्लड प्रैशर को बढ़ाती है ।
(6)-- चीनी ब्रेन अटैक का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(7)-- चीनी की मिठास को आधुनिक चिकित्सा मेँ सूक्रोज़ कहते हैँ जो इंसान और जानवर दोनो पचा नहीँ पाते ।
(8)-- चीनी बनाने की प्रक्रिया मेँ तेइस हानिकारक रसायनोँ का प्रयोग किया जाता है ।
(9)-- चीनी डाइबिटीज़ का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(10)-- चीनी पेट की जलन का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(11)-- चीनी शरीर मे ट्राइ ग्लिसराइड को बढ़ाती है ।
(12)-- चीनी पेरेलिसिस अटैक या लकवा होने का एक प्रमुख कारण है ।
(13)चीनी बनाने की सबसे पहली मिल अंग्रेजो ने 1868 मेँ लगाई थी ।
उसके पहले भारतवासी शुद्ध देशी गुड़ खाते थे और कभी बीमार नहीँ पड़ते थे ।
(14) कृपया चीनी से गुड़ पे आएँ.।
जीवन आपका है इसलिये
स्वस्थ रहें मस्त रहें