Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Endometrial Ablation Procedure
Treatment of Treatment of Breast Cancer
Management of Abortion
Hormonal Replacement Therapy Treatment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment of Gynae Problems
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome Treatment
Treatment of Uterine Bleeding
Antenatal And Postnatal Exercise
Submit a review for Dr. Leena PatnankarYour feedback matters!
I am suffering from left armpit pain from last two days. And 2 days before I have white discharge from my left breast. Is it harmful? What causes this? Please help.
Gestational diabetes is also known as gestational mellitus diabetes (GDM). It is a prevalent disorder which affects pregnant women and the main cause of this condition is the imbalance in the functioning of the insulin, which mainly happens due to the presence of human placental lactogen. Expecting mothers show a raise in their blood sugar level, especially during the last trimester of their pregnancy. Women who do not have a medical history of diabetes can also be affected with this condition.
Prominent symptoms of gestational pregnancy include:
Gestational diabetes does not have any prominent symptoms; it can only be diagnosed through proper and professional screening of blood sugar level. You should immediately consult a doctor if you have any of the following symptoms:
- Increased level of blood sugar
- Trouble to concentrate
- Recurrent headaches
- Increased thirst
- Blurry vision
- Sudden weight loss
- Decrease in low blood sugar level
- Pangs of hunger
- Pale skin and dry skin
- Excessive sweating
- Persistent weakness
How can you manage gestational diabetes?
Modification of lifestyle pattern, healthy food habits and moderate physical exercise can help minimize the risk of gestational diabetes in expecting mothers.
In order to manage gestational diabetes, the following things should be followed:
- The treatment when accompanied with balanced diet and routine exercises, reduces the occurrence of health problems in both mother and child.
- A routine screening for type ii diabetes should be conducted throughout the pregnancy, to ensure early detection and treatment of the same.
- A diet rich in fiber and whole grains minimizes the risk of diabetes in pregnancy, fresh fruits and vegetables are also known to check the blood sugar level in expecting mother, minimizing the occurrence of health problem in both mother and child.
- Giving up the use of cigarettes and other forms of tobacco may reduce the chances of gestational diabetes in female smokers.
How Does Gestational Diabetes affect Pregnancy?
Gestational diabetes is harmful for both the expecting mother and the child. It increases the risk of complications in pregnancy that can prove to be fatal.
Potential risks of gestational pregnancy include:
- Increased risk of needing a C-section
- Preeclampsia and high blood pressure
- Preterm chance of birth
I am a 25 year old married. TTC since 1 year. My cycles are regular no weight gain. I did Usg scan which showed right sided polycystic ovary. I took clomifene citrate and duphaston for 3 months but nothing worked. Later I did follicular study in that my follicle dint get rupture even after HCg shot of 5000IU. Later I did hormonal checkup a week ago in which everything was normal except 2 things I. E. SHBG 24.21nmol/L and a bioavailability testosterone percentage 49.4%. I was worried after seeing this but I wanted to know the significance of these 2 hormones and whether this can be improved naturally and I also wanted to know does these 2 cause infertility? I also wanted to what medicine I can take to rupture my follicle.
Hi, I want to marry brother in law with same blood group he is my blood relative will there be any problems to children.
I am 32 years 5 month pregnant n often stomach pain y Dr. All say for heat n my blood is less what food to have for both dr.
I had sex with my grlfrnd used condom on 9th day after her period nw its one month over still she not getting periods what it seems? How to ger period now please its urgent.
I had sex unprotected sex on my first day of menstruation and its stopped coming. What can I use to make it come?
Dear sir/mam, my wife age is 22 But & I was getting married before 6 Month. And that time her breast was very Loose & Small so she used suddol breast cream but still nothing improve of tightness. So please suggest how breast can tight & Big. Is there any cream & Or need to exercise please suggest me.
If masturbation is done daily will it be harmful in pregnancy and will it not help to keep the women pregnant. Please advise.
Top surprising benefits of Namaz
Health benefits of Ablution/Wudu/Wuzzo
Wudu (Ablution) with water where one washes his hands, face, and feet region leads to preventing germs from the body thus promotes good health.
Ablution (Wuzzo) stimulates biological active spots similar to Chinese Reflexo-Therapy, which has beneficial therapeutic effects on the hands, face and feet region.
Ablution helps to relax the nervous system and eases tension, stress and anxiety.
Washing hands five times a day (excluding washing before dietary intake) before Namaz means an effective way to keep germs away from the body.
Hand washing is an efficient way to prevent spread of germs.
Gargling during ablution (Wudu) is very important as it helps to remove germs, allergens and dust particles.
Gargling with plain water reduces the chances of common cold to a greater extent thereby contribute to health and hygiene. Gargling also reduces viral respiratory infections. Gargling ensures reduction in bad breath too.
Nose cleansing during Wuzzo removes dusts, allergens and contaminated matter. Nose cleaning with plain water helps to minimize the infections such as flu, sinusitis,
cold and chest infections.
Nasal cleaning with water overcomes nasal congestion and clear sticky matter in the nose.
Nasal cleaning helps to treat allergic rhinitis, good for nasal dryness and improves breathing.
Face washing during ablution is very beneficial for refreshing as well as improving the facial complexion.
Face washing reduces the impact of oily skin and retarded the growth of acne, pimples, wrinkles, and other facial spots.
Ears cleaning during ablution are quite effective to prevent wax accumulation. Cleaning ear with wet fingers five times a day is also good to remove dust and germs from the outer region of the ears.
Washing the feet during Wuzo helps to cleaning dirts, fungus. It also acts like as acupressure while fingers are passing through the bottom area of the toes. Rubbing the toes with fingers is also good in case of diabetes and removing pain from the body. As lots of accu points are present in the upper and lower parts of toe regions and pressing these during ablution is helpful in curing of pain like back pain, arthritis, joints pain, etc.
Offering Namaz (Sala'at) has many benefits such as spiritual, religious, physical, mental, social, economical, social, etc.
Namaz is highly beneficial to activate all the seven Chakras as per the Yogic philosophy
Namaz and Yoga
17. There is great correlation between Namaz and Yoga. Yoga rejuvenates the mechanism of body and mind. Yoga Therapy, a refreshing process as well as a cost-effective solution; try to find out the very root cause of diseases. It helps to restore harmony among various components of lifestyle- physical, social, emotional, spiritual, mental and psychological. The basic concept of Yoga is to relish and cherish the life with exhilarating excitement. The system provides psychological and emotional well-being. Being drugless therapies, it enhances sustainable and functional ability of the body. The same case is also with Namaz. Yoga and Namaz is certainly a substitute of stress and disease free personality.
Namaz is the finest form of meditation
18. Namaz is one of the best forms of meditation or Dhyan from Yogic point of view where the person unilaterally surrenders to Allah. Meditation is defined as the uninterrupted flow of mind towards a particular object. Namaz is one of the best stress buster and tension reliever modules. Namaz (Sala'at) is the perfect example of meditation where the performer thinks only and only about Allah. Thus, Namaz provides the ultimate satisfaction and peace to the mind thus save you from many diseases and disorders. It enhances your concentration and reduces the level of depression. Namaz helps to develop positive milieu around the Namazi.
Namaz and physical health benefits
19. Namaz has multiple many health and fitness benefits. Some of the important physical health benefits are as follow:
Namaz is one of the important means for health, happiness and harmony.
Offering regular Namaz keeps one fit and healthy by burning extra calories thereby losing weight. Namaz is one of the effective ways for weight loss as well as to control obesity.
Namaz stretches your muscles and helps to provide tone body.
It is good to overcome arthritis as Namaz is good to enhance flexibility of the body and reduces stiffness.
Namaz is a good source to balance Anabolic and Catabolic biochemical process of the body.
Namaz is good for heart, brain, above all for the entire body.
Standing posture in Namaz (Qiya'm) ensures proper blood flow the lower portion of the body. It is also good in strengthening the leg muscles.
Health benefits of Ruk'u
20. The forward bending position of Namaz (Ruk'u) is good for your lower vertebral column. It helps to ease your back pain as per Yogic philosophy. Doing Ruku properly helps to control backache and vertebral column related diseases. Namaz Ruku is effective in developing flexibility to shoulder, elbowm wrist, knees and ankle regions. Ruku exerts abdominal pressure thereby eases constipation and peristaltic movements. During Ruku, the kidney experiences a sort of massage thus helpful to kidney problems.
Health benefits of Sajdah
21. During Sajdah, one sit in Vajrasana, a very important yoga pose from health point of view. Vajrasana strengthens the thigh and calf muscles. It is good for digestion and keeps your spine firm and erect. Sajdah is very beneficial in the proper functioning of brain, lungs, body muscles, joints and entire vertebral column. Sajdah helps to maintain smooth blood to the brain region, and also stimulates the master gland pituitary gland as well as the pineal gland. Sajdah reduces the chances of brain hemorrhage and headache due to smooth blood flow to the head region. While performing Sajdah, the toes are experiencing acupressure which is good for better health of the body, especially for body pains.
Health benefits of Sala'm (Neck Yoga)
22. Salam is the excellent form of neck and upper vertebra exercise. Namaz's Salam is the Griva-sakti-vikasaka (Strengthening the Neck) of Yogic Sukshma Vyayama, which is helpful in loosening the neck joints and also helps to relax the shoulder and upper back muscles. Salam helps to refresh all the nerves passes through the neck, thus good in case of headache and contend migraine.
Doc am afraid and she 21 year old without protection we had sex now we are afraid anything will happen so please suggest me to give her any tablet to away from pregnant and just few days away we had.
Hi, I am trying to conceive from 15 months, last years in may got pregnant but after few days got bleeding. Done with all blood work, semen test, tube test, all are fine but I have mild pcos. After all fertility medicine i am not able to conceive. My Dr. advised me for IUI. What are the risk of IUI? I have heard sometimes they exchange the semen also. Should I go with fertility medicine or IUI. please advice.
I am 9 months pregnant. My weight is 65kg. What should my baby's weight and what diet I should take? I want to know whether is it safe to do sex with protection?
Hello I have been married for 3 years and still I am unable to conceive. My reports are normal and also that of my partner' s. Kindly help.
Hormones agonists (receptor activating chemicals) that release gonadotropin hormones produced by the pituitary gland (GnRH) act quickly to remove luteinizing hormone (LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) from the pituitary gland. Lupron is a kind of GnRH agonist that is used to start the IVF cycle, especially if your ovaries need controlled stimulation.
Lupron is injected intramuscularly. Lupron injections are given to women who undergo the gonadotrophin therapy, which stimulates the ovaries. Lupron mimics the structure of the GnRH, so when it is injected, it triggers the production of LH and FSH. When the pituitary gland realises the difference between GnRH and Lupron, it dramatically reduces the biological production of both the follicle stimulating and luteinizing hormone. This condition is called the pituitary down regulation and this continues as long as the Lupron is being administered. Lupron slowly, but steadily, lowers the production of estrogen.
The reason for administering Lupron is to stop premature escalation of LH. Women who are older and resistant to ovarian stimulation or who have poor ovarian reserves (the capacity to produce eggs) are usually given the Lupron therapy. Too much of the luteinizing hormone can harm the follicular production, which in turn damages the quality of egg production and later, embryo development. Lupron is injected to stop the premature luteinisation of the follicles, and it is stopped before the egg retrieval procedure.
The Lupron IVF Calendar:
To help explain the treatment, a hypothetical menstrual cycle of 28 days is taken:
- Days 1-7: Your menstrual cycle begins and the Lupron treatment starts (you are usually given Lupron injections)
- Day 8: Your periods start and the Lupron treatment continues
- Day 9: FSH injections are started while you are still on the Lupron injection; a blood test and ultrasound is scheduled today as well
- Day 10-13: The FSH and Lupron are administered together for the next seven days
- Day 14-15: A blood test and ultrasound is scheduled again on the fourteenth day
- Day 16: This will be the last day of your FSH and Lupron treatment; another blood test and ultrasound will be scheduled and HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotrophin) injection will be administered which causes normal ovulation
- Day 18: On this day, the egg retrieval procedure is done
Above things will give long life .