Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lathi
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. LathiYour feedback matters!
Im a person having chocolate brown complexion. I would like to make my skin fairer. Suggest something that works well on indian men.
Sir my ear bitting was human on 28oct atter it doctor joint cut part after save cartilage behind ear. After 7days skin necrosis and doctor remove that part. After it doctor joint cartilage. doctor says your 2 stage is pending I am confused pl. Help.
Bariatric surgery is a procedure that involves modifications to the digestive system so that the food intake can be restricted or the nutrients absorbed by the body is reduced. This surgery is recommended when exercise and diet may not cause the desired results with weight loss. Bariatric surgeries is a group of surgeries that are procedure to reduce weight in the body.
The various types of surgeries that come under this category are
- Gastric bypass: The most common bariatric surgery, gastric bypass is a procedure used to reduce the size of the stomach pouch in the body. Once the size is reduced, it leads to reduced consumption of calories. This procedure also causes alterations in the behavior of the gut hormones resulting in appetite reduction.
- Adjustable Gastric band: This procedure involves placing an inflatable band around the upper stomach to make a small stomach area above the band. This causes one to feel full just after eating a small amount of food.
- Sleeve gastrectomy: In this procedure, almost 80% of the stomach area is removed surgically, resulting in a small stomach pouch being left. It reduces the stomach size which cause an overall reduction in the amount of calories. Modifications also occur in the behavior of the gut bacteria linked with reduced appetite.
- Biliopancreatic Diversion with Duodenal Switch: This procedure involves surgical removal of a large area of the stomach along with bypassing a major portion of the smaller intestine. This procedure may reduce fat absorption of up to 70%. The behavior of the gut hormones change resulting in a decrease in appetite and improved satiety.
1. May cause infections in the body
2. Clots may form in the blood
3. It can result in bowel problems
4. Ulcers can form in the stomach
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am Dr PK Talwar, cosmetic surgeon, I have been doing cosmetic surgery for last 28 years and we were among the first ones who introduced Laser hair removal in India and then Laser for birthmarks in India.
When we talk about the birthmarks, the laser for birthmarks there are basically commonest two kinds of birthmarks one is black birthmark like you seen Nevus of Ota or Becker’s Nevus and second is vascular birthmarks, like port wine stains or then port wine stains that is very common it is also known as hemangioma, hemangioma are different kinds and different kinds of hemangiomas are treated by different laser-like pulsed dye laser, long pulsed ND-YAG etc. Now coming to the first part that is the black birthmarks, so commonest which we are getting is Nevus of Ota in this there is pigment on one side or both side of faces in certain cases and even in the conjunctiva. This can be very disheartening to a patient, when I introduced this laser initially I tried in 2003 I had a young beautiful lady who had the birthmark on the face one side of the face and she has around 30 years of age but by the time she came to me she was already divorced because of the problem of the birthmark. We gave her 10 to 12 sittings and the birthmark Nevus of Ota 95% or you can be gone and she was very happy, only regret she has was Dr. Talwar I should have come to you earlier, but I told her it is not possible because the laser has come recently so even she had come to me earlier we could not her done anything. So that is one of the cases which is still I remember because it was my one of the first cases and I think best possible results the patient is very very grateful and now we have been treating this kind of problem very commonly Nevus of Ota the results have been very good. The same lasers actually this is Q switch laser, the black pigmentation, now the same laser can be used for freckles, for removal of the tattoos and this Becker’s Nevus etc. So the other birthmarks are vascular birthmarks which we call it Port wine stain and the pulsed dye laser is used for that, 2 sittings for black pigments pulsed dye laser is for the vascular or the red birthmarks. Now the difference between these lasers is that the wavelength is different pulsed dye laser is one of the most expensive lasers to buy and the most expensive lasers to maintain, but the results are very rewarding with pulsed dye laser, other modalities are not good as that but pulsed dye laser is the treatment for port wine stain and red birthmarks and we can expect in such cases 70% improvement. We had many patients who have got it done and they are very grateful, we can do Rosacea, Rinofima or facial veins, spider veins etc. we can treat them and patients are really very very happy. So I think the medical science is evolving and the day will come, we will be able to treat 100% of such patients and I suggest strongly that don't go to coeliac because I had a patient with the red birthmark and she went to a coeliac and he applied some sort of acid or what and they burnt the skin. Go to a qualified plastic surgeon or a qualified Dermatologist who is having pulsed dye laser then only you get it done otherwise no and the best wavelength for that is pulsed dye laser is 595 nanometers.
Thank you very much.