Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 32 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalitha Joshi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalitha JoshiYour feedback matters!
A little more about Weaning:-
Weaning can be defined as a process where there is a gradual transition from an infant's diet to a fully grown adults diet. Weaning is considered a period of complementary feeds, which helps an infant to establish a better connection with food. Weaning can also be considered as a process of developing infants taste buds. Weaning should always be introduced after 6 months of exclusive breastfeeding (from birth to 6 months).
Since the entire process of weaning takes a lot of patience and perseverance, mothers are expected to be creative to bring the best introductions in her child's menu. It is more of a trial method for the new mum, as it helps her govern a basic taste of her tiny tot.
Below are some points which can benefit both the new mum and the baby towards effective weaning.
Points to be kept in mind for a fruitful weaning:-
- Feed only supple or soft foods:- To avoid the potential risk of choking, which can be common with the foods like apple, grapes, nuts, popcorns, The rule here to follow is to make sure that the food fed, should be soft enough to get mashed between the finger and the thumb. It becomes very important to go choke free. One can conveniently start with blends.
- Offer purees and nutrient dense meals:- Weaning should be a gradual and relishing process and purees play a vital role in resetting the overall process since they are loaded with important nutrients and are also easy to digest, they can be an ideal meal to begin for the growing infant.
- Diversify the baby's prospect as a part of growing:- Babies like to see the world as a process of constant change and learning. Including wide varieties of mild herbs like basil, turmeric in his daily weaning diet, will help in developing a stronger immune response.
- Discourage the use of salt, sugar and honey all together:- Do not encourage the use of salt and sugar till the baby turns one. They can prove to be very heavy on the baby's tiny developing system, without contributing much on a nutritional front.
- Go slow and enjoy the overall process :-Considering this period as a time of bonding with your baby, by doing so you will be able to help your baby attain a healthy, positive and fun loving rapport with the new mum and the food, which will last with the baby for rest of his life. By any sort of force feeding involved, baby can get rebellious and might never want to have food at all.
- Encourage self-feeding:- By encouraging it, the baby will eventually learn the process of self-feeding. Self-feeding will help the baby to have a better grip over fine motor grip and also help him be more independent. Self-feeding should be monitored under vigilance and allow baby learn self-feeding by himself, in spite of some futile attempts.
Weaning should be a gradual, happy and a positive process, which should be initially done at a turtle pace. It should evolve as a learning process for both mother and the baby since that will help them to establish a better understanding and connection with the food habits. Weaning can sum up to the benefit of new mum by attaining a better understanding towards baby's food preferences.
We had sex 1/1/2016 mrng. Thn I gave her ipill. At 1pm nd after dt also we had done sex several times. And after sex on mrng 3/1/2015 at 8am she again took an ipill. So is she safe now. Or pregnancy can be happened. please say accurately taking date into consideration. Plz.
Hi, I am 70 days pregnant. I am salivating very badly. I tried various food but I feel nauseating whatever I eat. I am coughing and built up with thick mucus immediately after eating. I am feeling very sick and sad. I feel little better when I just liye down. I already have 2 daughters. This is my third pregnancy due to pressure from my husband. Finding very difficult to manage my kids along with severe nausea kindly help me.
We humans are obsessed with the way we look. This is despite the fact that we can only see what the mirror (or our pictures) shows and nobody can actually see their own faces. The nose is one part that very few are happy with. It is either too short, long, round, sharp, whatnot. To add to that, science has come up with the size and shape that can make one look beautiful. There are surgeries that can shape it up, so you can walk with your nose held high!!
Rhino, stands for nose, and plasty is for surgery. Rhinoplasty is a surgical procedure which is useful in correcting the shape and size of the nose. Earlier done as a treatment for people with chronic nasal congestion and blocks, it has gained popularity as a cosmetic procedure in the recent decades.
As noted, rhinoplasty could be done for cosmetic and therapeutic reasons, some of them being:
- Nose completely out of proportion with the facial size
- Misshapen tip of the nose, which could be drooping, hooked, or bulbous
- Nostrils not in proper position or misshapen
- Asymmetrical nostrils
- Nasal bridge having lumps or bumps
- Externally visible deviation of the nasal septum, causing both cosmetic and breathing issues
During the surgical reshaping, cartilage may be added or removed to achieve the desired shape.
What to expect before the procedure?
Getting yourself in the right hands. Think about it, in the wrong hands, this surgery can have very serious effects, not just functionally but also cosmetically. You could then end up wishing that you were better off with the previous, misshapen nose. After the surgery, you will notice a different you in the mirror, as the nose has a telling effect on a person’s appearance.
At the time of surgery:
Depending on the extent of surgery, local or general anesthesia is used. General is preferred though. With a local anesthesia, you will be aware of the sights and sounds of the surgery.
Post the procedure:
Once the procedure is over, gradually expect the following.
- A puffy face, as the tissue around the eyes and the nose will be considerably swollen
- The nose will be covered with a splint for at least a week. This allows the bones and cartilage to settle down in their new position.
- Use a cold compresses to help in pain control and reduce swelling
- Take the entire course of antibiotics and pain killers
- Sleep with the head of the bed elevated for the first one week postoperatively
Rhinoplasty is definitely a choice to improve appearance and self-esteem; the key is to place yourselves in safe hands. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!