Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalit Shimpi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit ShimpiYour feedback matters!
I am pregnant from one month but one or two drop bleeding in black colour happen one or two times daily it's safe or dander.
Lip Correction is performed by women who want reduction of the inner lips on the outside of the vagina or labia minora. The reduction is done as many women are uncomfortable with the shape as well as the size of their labia. The swelling of the labia often causes discomfort in exercising, and women are unable to wear bathing suits as well as fitting clothes. It also causes interference in the sexual activity and sometimes it becomes very embarrassing and difficult to maintain basic hygiene.
There are numerous variations in the thickness, size, color and shape of the vaginal tissues and not many women are aware of the prominent size as well as size of their labia. There are many women who are not at all concerned with the appearance of the labia. However, some women who suffer from these symptoms are very upset and feel their self-image is diminished, and it is important in such case that reduction of the Labia minora be done. It is through Lip Corrections that women can take control of their body and reshape their labia just like women who do augmentation of their breasts.
It is very important to know everything about Lip Correction before opting for this surgery. It is important to do some research online and visit websites that provide information on vaginal surgeries. The surgical techniques that are used for Lip Corrections are many, but it must be conducted by a certified surgeon who is well-experienced and does the vaginal rejuvenation with perfection.
When Must Lip Corrections Be Considered-
Lip Corrections is a surgical process, and that is done specially to correct an outsized or irregular labia minora. The tissues adjacent to the vulva of the vagina are reduced, and this surgery is done both for aesthetic reasons as well as for medical purposes. The surgery can be considered by a woman at times to feel physiologically and emotionally good, and at times it is done for purposes like.
- Irregular shape of the labia
- Oversize of the vaginal folds
- Protruding labia
- Discomfort caused due to thickness of the Labia
- Labial disease that can occur after childbirth
- Duration of Surgery
The excess skin is cut, and then it is sewn over the edge during the surgery. The disadvantage of this surgery is that after the surgery, the long vertical stitch line gives the area an unattractive appearance. It takes approximately an hour and half for the surgery to take place, and the patient is generally given local anaesthesia during the surgery.
A mammogram is an imaging test where an X-ray is taken to recreate the internal imagery of your breasts. This is a screening test that is widely used to find the earliest signs of cancer. There have been instances where the early signs of cancer have been found up to three years before the actual development of the same. There are a number of benefits and risks in this screening method. So let us find out more about getting a mammogram, and whether or not you should get one.
- Procedure: A special X-ray machine is used for conducting a mammogram. There is a clear plastic plate on which the specialist will place the breast while another plate will press on the breast from above. While both the plates serve to flatten the breast and hold it still, the X-ray will be taken. Some pressure will be felt and the same steps will be repeated so as to get the side view of the breasts. The same procedure will be repeated for the other breast. Meanwhile, once it is done, you will need to wait so that the technician can check for clarity, and whether or not the procedure needs to be done again. The results of this procedure cannot be relayed by the technician, and all the images will be different because all breasts are slightly different from each other.
- Preparation: You will need to remember that the process can be a slightly painful one, especially once the pressure gets applied. Many women complain of discomfort and pain. Yet, this discomfort gets over before you know it. The pressure and pain will depend on the size of your breasts and how much they will have to be pressed in order to get a picture. The skill of the technician will also come into play here. One must remember not to get this procedure done a week or so before or after the menstrual cycle, as the breasts tend to be tender around this time, and the pain will be much more.
- Radiologist: Within a few weeks after the procedure, the radiologist will usually deliver the result. This is the professional who does an accurate reading of the X-ray.
- Normal and Abnormal Readings: If your mammogram result has a normal reading, then you can resort to getting one done every once in a while. But an abnormal reading will require further X-ray and tests so as to be able to tell for sure.
- Why should I get one: If you are over 40 and have a family history of such ailments, then you will have to get a mammogram done regularly. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Homeopathic remedies can soothe the pain and soreness of bruises that come from injury, reduce swelling and fluid leakage into surrounding tissues, and generally encourage healing. Some of the commonly indicated remedies are:
Arnica montana: traumatic injuries including bruises caused by impact with blunt objects (from simple contusions to concussions) and bruise-like soreness after muscular exertion (such as physically-taxing work, athletics, or childbirth).
Calendula: useful for open wounds, ulcers; promotes healthy granulation and rapid healing. Is often used as local application for open wounds.
Staphhysagria: lacerated or incised injury.
Ledum palustre: this remedy is indicated contused, ecchymosed wounds when cold applications such as ice-packs or cold soaks bring some relief. Extravasation of blood in the lids (black eye), conjunctiva. Long discoloration after injuries.
Hypericum: used for bruising or crushing injuries to body areas containing many nerves - smashed fingertips and toes, injuries to the spine or genitals, bruising or displacement of the tailbone (from falls or during childbirth), and injuries to the eyeball.
Bellis perennis: for injuries and bruises, especially those caused by trauma to the trunk or in deeper tissues - for example, internal soreness after an accident or surgery.
Calcarea phosphorica: indicated in bone-bruises, as well as other kinds of pain and soreness in the bones, also used when fractures are slow to heal.