Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Lalit Shimpi
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Lalit ShimpiYour feedback matters!
I'm 6.5 week pregnant and I prefer medical abortion. I take one dose of 200 mcg mifepristone. After 24 hrs I take 400 mcg means 2 tablets of misoprostol. Now after2 hrs I got very much cramps and more bleeding including clots passing too. Is the abortion complete. After 4 or 5 days the symptoms of pregnancy almost gone and I feel relaxed. please suggest me is the abortion complete.
When you find out a partner has genital herpes, you may be shocked at first and then have lots of questions. Here are some answers.
How likely is it that i've been infected with genital herpes, too?
That depends on whether you have always practiced safe sex, for one thing. Also, it may depend on how long you've been sexually intimate with each other.
If you've had sex only once or twice, and if you used a condom each time, the risk is lower than if you've had unprotected sex for a long time. But you could have been infected during any one encounter.
Don't think you're in the clear because you've never seen herpes sores on your partner's genitals or your own. The symptom of herpes are often subtle and easily mistaken for something else, like bug bites, pimples, razor burn, or hemorrhoids. What's more, the virus can be contagious even when there are no symptoms.
How can I protect myself from genital herpes if we keep having sex?
While no prevention method short of abstinence is 100% effective, using a latex condom offers some protection. Your partner should tell you when symptoms flare up, which is when the virus is most contagious. Avoid sex when your partner has symptoms.
All women have to go through menstruation or periods with the only choice of endurance in hand. A woman's body and mind undergo distinct changes during the phase of menstruation. PMS or Premenstrual Syndrome refers to some symptoms which a woman experiences just before her monthly periods begin. These symptoms can be both physical and mental, and they vary among different women. Homeopathy helps in the effective cure of PMS, and has no side effects. Homeopathic medicines give women relief from the symptoms of PMS.
Here are some common homeopathic medicines for curing PMS:
- Sepia: This is the best homeopathic medicine for PMS. It helps in curbing the extreme irritability caused in women suffering from PMS and calms the mind. It is specially used in case of pain in the uterus during this phase and in women with irregular menstrual cycles.
- Ignatia: This homeopathic remedy is used during PMS for treating depression and mood swings that women undergo. Before periods, many women experience a state of sadness and become emotionally depressed. Ignatia cures this depression and makes the women happier.
- Pulsatilla: During PMS, it is likely for women to get extra sensitive towards everything, and they tend to get affected by the most insignificant matters. Pulsatilla can be used in such situations as it reduces the extra sensitivity and makes the women appear normal. It is used in cases of disrupted menstrual flow, accompanied by loss of thirst.
- Lachesis: This homeopathic medicine is used for women who suffer from body pain during PMS. The pain occurs due to the PMS and can be in the form of headaches and aches in other parts of the body. Women also tend to get over talkative, and the body may feel heated up.
- Conium: Some women develop breast tenderness during PMS, characterized by swelling, enlargement or pain in the breasts. The breasts also become hard and touching causes an increase in the pain. Conium is the best homeopathic medicine for treating this kind of pain.
- Chamomilla: This medicine is similar to sepia and helps in curing irritability in women before periods. It is used when irritability makes the women avoid talking and abstain from communicating.
- Bryonia: Similar to Conium, Bryonia is another homeopathic medicine, which helps in curing breast tenderness in women during PMS. Bryonia is used when the pain is extremely heavy and intense.
- Carbo veg: This is an effective homeopathic medicine for the treatment of abdominal bloating in women during PMS. Heaviness and distension are caused in the abdomen, which further lead to pain.
Women suffer quite a lot during PMS, just before their monthly periods, and homeopathic medicines provide the best, natural treatment for these symptoms and conditions.
I'm 6 month pregnant and did delivery last week because baby had microcephaly. Shall I get pregnant again I had some complications had 4 month abortion in 2012 due to fibroid after 8 months mymectomy done after 6 months conceived and cizerian delivery in 2014 now this delivery. When shall I prepare for pregnancy and whether this child will have microphelly ,please tell me may I get fibroid again ,could I able to conceive again ,is their possibilities for normal delivery in future.
We are in starting 6th month of pregnancy. Last ultrasound showed a white spot in baby's heart. Just want to confirm wat is it about. Doctor said nothing to worry it will disappear most of the times. Also my wife has thyroid too. Does it effect baby?
1.Heart Healthy Magnesium
One-quarter cup of pumpkin seeds contains nearly half of the recommended daily amount of magnesium, which participates in a wide range of vitally important physiological functions, including the creation of ATP (adenosine triphosphate, the energy molecules of your body), the synthesis of RNA and DNA, the pumping of your heart, proper bone and tooth formation, relaxation of your blood vessels, and proper bowel function.
2.Zinc for Immune Support
Pumpkin seeds are a rich source of zinc (one ounce contains more than 2 mg of this beneficial mineral). Zinc is important to your body in many ways, including immunity, cell growth and division, sleep, mood, your senses of taste and smell, eye and skin health, insulin regulation, and male sexual function.
Pumpkin seeds have long been valued as an important natural food for men's health. This is in part because of their high zinc content, which is important for prostate health (where it is found in the highest concentrations in the body), and also because pumpkin seed extracts and oils may play a role in treating benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH, or enlarged prostate). Research suggests that both pumpkin seed oil and pumpkin seed may be particularly beneficial in supporting prostate health.
Animal studies suggest that pumpkin seeds may help improve insulin regulation and help prevent diabetic complications by decreasing oxidative stress.
5.Heart and Liver Health
Pumpkin seeds, rich in healthy fats, antioxidants and fibres, may provide benefits for heart and liver health, particularly when mixed with flax seeds
I don't know why I dont cry If something hurts me or try to beat me. No single tear is pour our from eyes. What is this please help me.
I am suffering from PCOD. Should I able to conceive? Doc has prescribed me fabova. Is it is safe? N I am taking glyciphage also.
Hello. Im married. N its going to be 3 years on dis feb. I am having irregular periods bt frm last 3 months my periods wer regular. Bt dis tym I again missed my periods n its been almost 20 days up. I tested pregnancy thrice bt its negative al the tym. I hav thyroid. Bt its normal. Wt can be the reason fr dis. N can I plan my pregnancy nw? I mean b4 dis periods cum. Wt to do? please help me.
Vaginal discharge or odor is one of the most common conditions in women, yet the least talked about or taken help for. It is of vital importance that more and more women become aware of the condition and stop neglecting it. It is this neglect towards the condition that leads to some ancillary side effects and the increase in the complexity of the situation. Before things take a turn for the bad, it is imperative that you take help from concerned medical specialists and fight the condition during its initial days itself.
Why consult a specialist?
Treating the condition as soon as you notice it leads you to stem other diseases and infections that may be caused as a side effect. Also, vaginal discharge and foul odor can become not only the cause of discomfort for your day to day life, but also a great hindrance in your private life. Don’t let a curable condition hamper your personal life and most importantly your conjugal life. Visiting a doctor will help you get rid of both the excessive discharge and foul order. All you have to do is shred that mental neglect and confining attitude, step out of the home and make way to the doctor’s clinic.
What causes vaginal discharge?
Some of the most common causes of vaginal discharge include-
- Yeast Infection: Vaginal yeast infection is by far the most common cause of vaginal discharge. This relatively common condition is caused by fungus. This factor is characterised by itchiness, irritation and swelling.
- Urethritis: Another cause influencing excessing vaginal discharge includes Urethritis. This condition is influenced by the inflammation and irritation in the tube carrying urine, also referred to as the urethra.
- Gonorrhea: Gonorrhea is an alarming cause of vaginal discharge. This disease is sexually transmitted and affects warm and wet areas of the body.
Other causes of vaginal discharge include pregnancy, anxiety, cervix inflammation, cervical cancer or history of the same.
Causes of vaginal foul odor:
Some of the most common causes of vaginal odor are-
- Infection: Fungal infection is a major cause of vaginal odor.
- Sweat: Accumulation of sweat in wet and humid areas of the body leads to a certain amount of odor. The same goes for the vagina.
- Hormonal change: Change in hormone and discharges also lead to a foul-smelling vagina.
- Overused tampon: Using a tampon for a longer period than prescribed can also lead to accumulation of periodical blood and bacteria, leading to foul smell from the vagina.
Treating vaginal discharge and foul odor:
In case that vaginal discharge and a foul odor is becoming a major concern in your life and making things uncomfortable for you, it is the time that you make your way to a medical specialist. Other preventive practices often suggested by doctors include- wearing loose clothes, not wearing a tampon for a long time, losing weight, consulting a gynaecologist before starting a specific treatment or medication, etc.