Lybrate.com has top trusted Pediatricians from across India. You will find Pediatricians with more than 31 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Pediatricians online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. L M Yadav
Treatment of Child and Adolescent Problems
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Paediatric Critical Care
Treatment of Childhood Infections
Child Nutrition Management
Growth And Development Including General Paediatri
Management of New Born Care
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Congenital Ear Problem Treatment
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Treatment of Thyroid Disease in Children
Cleft Lip Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. L M YadavYour feedback matters!
Hi I have baby boy he was only 15 days and he was suffering from hiccups 2 to 3 time in a day and he was also suffering from vomiting what should I do.
My niece is only 2 & half months and within 4-6 days of her birth Paediatrician suggested to get the heart checked at our convenience. Yesterday, we did the Eco & it was diagnosed that the she needs Balloon Pulmonary Valvoplanty or the heart will be continue to damage. We are afraid that at this such a young age this surgery is necessary? Please let me know your contact details to share the report for proper diagnosis & Dr. From Lybrate can suggest st a true way forward.
Hi my question is what cause phlegm in babies. & what precautions should one take at home for 5 months old babies?
My 3 year old son had his blood test done on 3/12/2017. His biochemistry values show increase Ck (C P K - TOTAL)(Method: Kinetic/ IFCC) of about 253.3 U/L. Is this a normal value?
Hello, my daughter is 13 months old and her weight is 11.3 kg. Is her weight ok according to her age? And also I wanted to know if I can feed her cow milk now. Thanks.
Hi Doctor my Daughter (4.6 years) has fever since 5 days, last month she has detected typhoid of early stage then have given her dose of Taxim o forte 5 days. Now from past 5 days she is again fever when she sleep in night or afternoon. I has done test of widal but its came negative. Kindly suggest can I give her now azithromycin as prescribed by our doctor.
I am 2 years old little girl having infection i m going to motion I have monkezin syrup and orofex can use any one these please suggest me the medication.
ADHD refers to attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, which is a brain-related condition found among preschoolers, children, teenagers and in many cases extends well into adulthood. These individuals have significant impairment in academics as well as social situations and interpersonal relations. The child has difficulty sustaining attention, phases of hyper activeness and cannot control his/her impulses which make their day to day life at school and home difficult.
The symptoms of this disorder among children can be categorized under three headings.
- Hyperactivity which includes
- Inability to stay at one place runs around and tries to climb things
- Trouble playing quietly
- Excessive talking
- Inattention, which can be divided into symptoms like
- Getting easily distracted
- Tendency to loose things
- Facing problems related to organizing things
- Not listening carefully
- Forgetting about daily activities, carelessness
- Interrupts others as they speak and talks out of turn
- Answers questions without listening to what has been asked
- Not being able to wait for their turn to come
10-12% of school children before puberty are affected by one or more types of ADHD. ADHD especially hyperactivity is more prevalent in boys than in girls, with the ratio up to 9:1. Inattention and poor concentration are more commonly seen amongst girls. The rate of ADHD in parents and sibling of children with ADHD is 5-10 times higher than in the general population.
The probable causes of ADHD among children are,
- Neurodevelopmental changes - Poorly developed activity of the brain particularly in the areas that control attention and concentration cause ADHD. This causes an imbalance in the neurotransmitters or the chemicals important for brain functioning and development.
- Genetic Factors - genetic studies show that ADHD is largely hereditary in nature with a heritability of 75% approximately. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Psychologist.