Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 29 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KushalYour feedback matters!
Greetings sir/madam. My wife's last period date was Dec. 25. 2016. Her period days long for 4-5 days. She was pregnant now, I want to know approximate or exact date of delivery as many doctors giving different date and many pregnancy application shows different dates. And one thing I want to know as the gender of baby makes the date of delivery different date normally.
Hi doctor, Main 26 saal ki hu. Mujhe pcos hai. Last month mera period 23 feb ko aya tha. Meri gynecologist ne mujhe fertyl 50 mg di. But abhi kal meine ultrasound krwaya to usme small collection of fluid cul de sac. Aya ab mujhe pain bhi hai lower abdomen main bahut. Main pregnant hona chahti hoon. Please suggested me what I do?
Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and infertility are considered synonymous by most. However, the truth is that they are not and there are a lot of treatment options that can lead to pregnancy, even in a lady who is suffering from PCOS.
Reasons PCOS leads to infertility: Women with PCOS have different hormonal pathways than a normal woman without PCOS. It changes the system of how your body produces the eggs and prepares your uterus for pregnancy. Three reasons why women with PCOS do not get pregnant or why it is difficult for them to maintain pregnancy are:
- Women who are suffering with PCOS do not ovulate normally.
- They have irregular periods and thus their monthly cycles are not predictable.
- As they have irregular periods, their endometrium may not be prepared when the egg is released. Thus, it does not help in sustaining the pregnancy.
Symptoms of PCOS: There are a lot of symptoms that show the hormonal imbalance due to PCOS.
- Ovarian cysts
- Excessive amounts of male hormones
- High levels of insulin
- Fertility problems
- Weight gain
- Ovulation and menstrual problems
- Excess body and facial hair
- Anxiety and depression
As there is hormonal imbalance in a woman with PCOS, the eggs may not develop properly and at the same time, they may not be ready to get fertilized, thus leading to infertility.
PCOS infertility treatment: The good news is that even if you are one of them with PCOS, there are treatments that can help you to get pregnant.
Here are the drugs that help patients with PCOS:
- Metformin (Glucophage): It helps in reducing the insulin levels and stabilizes the hormones. Thus, doctors often prescribe metformin that will help in making the ovulation cycles regular.
- Clomid (Clomiphene citrate): Another fertility drug that helps in conceiving is Clomid. It may be prescribed with or without metformin. When women with PCOS take these two drugs together, their chances of getting treated for PCOS and getting fertile become more. Many women may need a high dose of Clomid so that they can retain fertility.
- Gonadotropins: This medication is necessary for helping you with ovulation as gonadotropins are hormones that stimulate your ovaries to release eggs. When someone is not responding to clomid then this medication may be tried.
If you too are trying to conceive and yet have not succeeded and can find the symptoms mentioned above, visit your doctor and start the treatment.
Hello! I am 22 years old and I have pcod since long time. I mostly have my period through self withdrawal. When I consult a doctor she suggest me to eat yamini for 6 months and i've completed that. But my periods are still not normal and as now m staying in hostel in another place I don't know what to do. And I think im still gaining some kilos even if I ate nothing at all whenever I skip my periods I got pimples on my face. Please can you suggest me something?
My last period was on Dec 27th. I had protected sex on Jan 3rd. Till today I am not getting my periods. I used to have the problem of delayed periods few years back. Doctor suggested regestrone tablet at that time. Please suggest wat should I do to get my periods back. Is it possible to become pregnant even after using condom?
Hi my 27year old and got married 10th month ago so am preferring my wife to take ovral G tablet for the precaution in birth and she is also 27 year old is this could cause any problem later when we are planning for the baby in few year like 3year please suggest me and would this will effect in my future life and I had also tested her every and tested my self also there is no problem in her every an me too.
I had a protected sex with my wife. But she missed her periods of 2 weeks. We a bit tensed. And if she is pregnant how to avoid. Cuz we are not ready for baby.
I am 27 year old .i am married but don't have a child. Recently I have been diagnosed with a 7 cm cyst in my left ovary which is hard in nature. Doctor whom I am consulting is saying me to get operated. Whay should I do .when asked they are saying that the decision of removing cyst or ovary or uterus will be taken during the time of operation in the operation table. If the uterus ic removed I can not conceive. So tell me what to do.
She is suffering from periods Coming 5-10 days. This is the report Abminal&pelvis ultrasound report Liver: normal in size and normal echo texture. No evidence of focal lesion. No evidence of IHBR dilatation. Portal vein appears normal. Gall bladder: contracted well distended wall appear normal. No evidence of calculi/sludge. No evidence of pericholic collection. CBD appears normal. PANCREAS: shows normal parenchyma, no evidence of ductal dilatation calcification. No evidence of peripancretic collection. SPLEEN: Normal in size &measures 9.7 cms shows normal parenchyma. KIDNEYS: both the kidneys are normal in size ,shape &position. Show normal cortisone dull art differentiation. Right kidney measures 9.7*4.3 cms. No evidence of hydronephrosis/calculus. Left kidneys measures 9.6*4.5 cms. No evidence of hydronephrosis/calculus. UTERUS: Retroverted normal in size &measures 8.1*4.5*5.5 cms No evidence of focallesion in myometrium, Endometrial reflectivity appears normal & thickness measures 0.5 cms. No free fluid in POD. adnexa: Right ovary measures 2.1*2.3 cms. LEFT OVARY NOT CLEARLY VISUALIZED. BLADDER: well distended, no calculus. Bladder mucosa appears smooth. RIF: No evidence of inflamed appendix. *No evidence of enlarged lymph nodes. *No evidence of free fluid. IMPRESSION: *Retroverted normal sizeduterus with no focal lesion.
I did missed abortion due to poor growth of baby after 4 months. Doctor told genetic problem. I did abortion before 2.5month ago.Now again I want to be pregnant. Please suggest time without any problem.
IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is a form of assisted reproductive technology (ART), wherein the egg and the sperm are physically combined in a laboratory dish before being transferred into the uterus. This procedure of reproduction has gained popularity among infertile and homosexual couples and also among women opting for single motherhood.
Although IVF is a becoming increasingly accepted procedure in the present day scenario with the growing infertility levels among individuals and open-mindedness of the society, there are some factors that must be taken into consideration before opting for the IVF procedure.
- Multiple Births: To guarantee the success of the treatment, usually more than one embryo is inserted into the uterus after fertilization. It is not uncommon for multiple embryos to end up attaching themselves to the uterine wall, leading to multiple births. It is important for the individual or the couple to be emotionally and physically prepared for that possibility.
- Reasons for infertility: Before opting for the procedure, the couple is often advised to go through several tests to check for the sperm count, mobility and the uterus environment to determine if at all IVF is the best option for the couple.
- Side Effects: After the procedure, the woman is expected to be under several types of medication to prevent the eggs from ripening. There are certain obvious side effects including headache, bloating, nausea and mood swings. In certain cases, the individual may experience circulatory problems, which when heightened may require hospitalization.
- Emotional Impact: IVF has a major impact on the emotion regulation of the individual. It might be overwhelming for most individuals and a strong psychological system is often searched for people opting for the procedure. The stress and the overflow of emotions can sometimes be too much to take for somebody and hence, people with major psychological disorders are advised against it.
- a person suffering from insomnia wakes up often during night and have trouble in going back to sleep again.
- or wakes up too early in morning
- or failure to maintain sleep
- or difficulty in falling asleep or the person goes late to sleep and feels very tired after waking uo.
Types of insomia- insomnia can be primary or secondary
Primary insomnia- when the sleeplessness is not associated with any kind of health problem it is termed as primary insomnia.
Secondary insomnia- when sleeplessness is associated with some health related problem like depression, asthma, arthritis, cancers it is said to be secondary insomnia.
Insomnia can be acute which is short lasting, where the problem last for one night to few weeks. Or it may be chronic which may last for 3 nights a week for a month or longer.
Some sleep disorders are caused by physical problems, the treatment of which can make sleeplessness disappear. Some are caused by medications and can be resolved by a change of prescriprion. Still others are caused by poor sleep habbits, such as too much napping which can be broken with education and efforts.
Below are some helpful hints for getting a good night rests:-
1. Maintain a regular sleep schedule. Getting up at the same time every morning synchronises the body's biological clock.
2. Keep the bedroom for sleeping. Don not read, watch tv or eat in bed.
3. If you do not fall asleep within 20 mins of going to bed, get up and read or listen to quite music untill you get sleepy.
4. Limit daytime naps.
5. Take 20-30 minutes warm bath before bed.
6. Drink a glass of milk just before bed.(warm or cold)
7. Avoid caffeinated beverages and chocolate in the afternoon and evening.
8. Don't drink alcohol before bed time. It can cause sleeplessness at night.
9. Exercise during the day but not before going to bed.
10. According to Dr. Anna wriz - justice leader of the research team at psychiatric university clinic of chronobiology ans sleep laboratory, switzerland, keeping the hands and feet warm in cold bedroom induces sleep quickly.
Hi madam, I have irregular periods since 3 years. I checked by ultra sound scan it says cysts in both over. Was can do I have gained wait soo much how can I loss my wait and regular periods please telma.
Sir/mam. For first time I had sex with my girlfriend last on nov 28th using condom, evry mnth by dec 5th she get periods, problem is now the day is dec 7th still she is not getting periods. We are not ready to meet doctor, can anyne please say any medicine to get periods immediately.
Hi I am 28 year old female married since 2 yrs. Actually my period was irregular since 6 months. My last period was 29 apr 16. So I went to local gynaecologist and for her prescribed I did prolactin test and the result was high abt 48 and having pcos by usg test. And then she suggested me to go for ct scan and I did that also but report was normal. But yesterday I came to know that I am I am 5 weeks pregnant. I am very much afraid whether to continue with pregnancy or go for abortion. I am afraid of that ct scan will affect my baby's growth. And what abt pcos. Please help me out. If I go for abortion will it affect to next baby or is there any chances of infertility in future? Please guide me. Thank you.
I hav a 28 day cycle had my periods on 1 March aft day had unprotected sex several occasions bt every time v both had clothes on r bodies der was leakage n pressing of penis on vagina part bt all time clothes wer on body. Nw 30 March periods have nt started. Does such act leads to pregnancy? please advice.
Total hysterectomy done on 20 sept 15 whats precautions take during heal up doctor given auto dissolved stretches.
How Acupuncture balances 5 elements of body and disorders it can treat
Hi, I am Santosh Kumar Pandey, owner, and founder of Shenmen Healing Center. It is in Santa Cruz, West Mumbai. In my clinic basically, we are doing acupuncture, acupressure, we are trying to help people with this therapy a lot and it is really wonderful and amazing therapy I would say. First, we should know what is acupuncture and pressure, of course. So acupressure and acupuncture are same. But in acupressure we do pressure points on the meridians and channels of the body and similarly we try to stimulate the same point and same channels with the needles, and it is amazing therapy, it is wonderful I would say, we are helping lots of people, trying to cure them. Sometimes there are magical results with acupuncture and when it opens all your blocked energy and blocked chi from the body. It gives you lot of relief from the pain, constipation, indigestion, gases, headache, cervical, back; patients are really happy with this therapy and it is going to be one of the best modes of natural therapies.
Here, we are treating all type of cases, like pain, paralysis, any type of stress related disorders, cervical spondylitis, backache and even we are very good of allergy and asthma and hormonal cases, even skin disorders we are treating with acupuncture, we are getting the very good result into that also. I would say in lots of cases where medically there is somewhere lots of issues with the medication, side effect of the medicine, in all those cases we are getting very good results in natural technique, in the natural way of the therapy. In acupuncture, I would say, in all those cases, where sometimes only medicines like painkillers or some like a suppressant medication started by the doctors. Lots of side effects into all those things, in that cases we are able to help lots of cases like I would say a migraine, backache and your knee pain and headache, sinusitis, asthma.
So in acupuncture, we prick needle on the specific points to open the blockages from the meridians, or we call it channels also. So wherever the blocked chi, it opens that particular area, that particular meridian and through that you feel sometimes energy is travelling, and another system, and you feel good, you feel relaxed; emotional and any time of pain is there, sometimes it releases from there and sometimes you feel the energy, sometimes you feel like the body is very much balanced, you feel sleepy, after that you feel really good energy into that, since we put needle, sometimes you feel like a little prick with the very tiny needle we put into that. People are afraid because of the presence of the needle in acupuncture that it is not that painful. After putting the needle, sometimes you feel a little prick, and bite I would say. After that there is nothing. And sometimes we give electrical stimulation called tens and some rhythmic massage or muscular exercises you feel after that the patient feels very nice when you put that lens. In few cases we are giving it for 20 minutes and sometimes 28 minutes, it is lying in the body, that machine and needle. Mostly with the needle we do 28 minutes and with the machine 20 minutes only. And with that, you will feel very good.
With the rhythmic message in the body; you will feel some sensation toward the meridian. If your system is very sensitive you will feel more and it releases lots of pressure, lots of blockages from the body.
This is my personal experience, sometimes after a first or second session, you will feel little……..because of the detoxification of the body. You might feel little tired or sometimes you will feel little indigestion, gases I have also seen. Or I have seen some loose motion, one or two sessions, one or two days, sometimes one or two times only. And there is no other complication of doing acupuncture. Overall you will feel very good doing this. And your energy will improve. And it’s very good to enhance the body’s energy and your minds energy, your emotional energy. It releases the stress from your body. So you will be feeling very good.
Any further inquiry if you want to do, you can visit me or you can call me through Lybrate.com. Thank You.