Lybrate.com has top trusted General Surgeons from across India. You will find General Surgeons with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find General Surgeons online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kurhade Shrikant
Kidney Stones Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Varicose Vein Laser Treatment
Hernia Repair Surgery
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Male Breast Reduction Treatment
Prostate Laser Surgery
Gastric Bypass Surgery
Treatment of Bone Marrow Transplantation
Vascular Surgery Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Kurhade ShrikantYour feedback matters!
Since April, I was under ayurvedic treatment for fissures but had to discontinue due to acidity. I was under impression that ayurveda is safe. Acidity stopped within a week after discontinuing ayurveda. I have relaxed sphincter tone, anal swelling on one side, it shrinks after taking Chirulvilvadi kashaya but acidity stopped from continuing. Mild occasionally rectal pain is there.
In hand fingers, lips his skin colour changed as white. Its visible as differ from rest of the skin. She get treatment nearly 4 years. But, improvement was zero. Some are telling it is some deficiency problem. Actually what it is? To change the colour as her normal skin colour, what to do?
Sir my skin is sensitive and somewhat dark so I want a fair skin on my face so what are the best night creams or serums for fairness for face and also suggest me which is best night serum or cream and what cream.
My brother has got a lot of pimples on his face. His skin is little oily but he washes it constantly. Plzz tell what to do.
My child is 11 months old. He getting rashes on his face on skin & dandruff like on his scalp mostly on winter time or on air conditioned room. What should I do?
My skin get tanning so fast and I have a oily face my body color and face, hands colour is not same what should I do.
I am 45ys old female and have runny nose since past 1 month. Consulted general physician and using nasal spray but still there is no difference, sleeping more because of the nasal spray and after getting up the head is becoming heavy with itchy eyes and scratchy throat.
Gastroesophageal reflux disease, or GERD, as it is commonly known is a digestive disorder that is caused primarily due to intestinal distress. GERD is caused in the muscle that lies between the oesophagus and the stomach, when the acid produced in the stomach starts to flow backwards. For patients suffering from GERD, the acids flow back into the oesophagus instead of the stomach, causing symptoms like severe heartburn, chest pain and nausea, among others.
So what does one do to deal with GERD? Here's a brief list:
- Control weight: Being overweight and obese are two of the most important factors that contribute to discomfort in GERD patients. Working towards a healthier weight is a sure shot way of dealing with this ailment.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking: The LES or the muscle ring that can be found between the stomach and the oesophagus relaxes with the intake of alcohol or with smoking, which prevents it from closing, in order to stop the stomach's juices from reaching the oesophagus. So, giving up both substances would be a good idea if you are a GERD patient.
- Go gluten free: Adopting a gluten free diet can help you cut ingredients, including grains and dairy products that contain more protein than what your digestive tract can handle.
- Other dietary measures: In order to handle GERD effectively, you will need to remove or reduce chocolate, fatty food, spicy food, and even oily and fried food from your diet. You may need the help of food with extra fibre, like fruit, so that food can pass through the digestive tract faster.
- Smaller and well timed meals: Eating meals regularly and dividing them into smaller meals that can be digested quickly and more efficiently is one of the best ways of dealing with GERD to prevent the onset of backward flowing stomach acids.
- Exercise: Ensuring that you do not take a nap or lie down right after a meal and doing exercise everyday will also help in doing away with the uncomfortable and painful symptoms of this disease.
Making lifestyle changes is one of the best ways to deal with GERD. Yet, it would be best to see a doctor regarding severe cases where the symptoms do not abate and medication may be required. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a General Physician.