Lybrate.com has top trusted Gynaecologists from across India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 37 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kuntala
Management of Abortion
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. KuntalaYour feedback matters!
Me and my gf had protected sex for about 5 times in last month and this month. So every time I ejaculated outside. And yesterday morning (i.e 16th June last month date was 11th may) she got her periods and she started complaining about cramps in her stomach and increased size of her stomach I'm worried that is she pregnant? Please help me.
If I do sex unprotected and girl becomes pregnant, if I tell her to eat papaya then what happens? Papaya stops pregnancy? I want to know.
My last period date is Jan 25 and I had sex on feb 5, till yet I didn't got my periods But I felt few cramps in stomach and medium breast pain and it increased bit. I felt as I'm pregnant, I don't know how many weeks I'm pregnant and how to count that. Please let me know how many weeks I'm pregnant. Presently I'm healthy and not using any of medicines. I want to go for abortion Is it good if I use abortion kit? Should I consult any doctor regarding dosage? Or please guide me how to take steps.
I wanted to have sex with wife daily but she is not interested and she tells lets have weekly once how do I deal this so that she have daily with me.
Hello Doctor, my wife who was 22 days pregnant bt day before yesterday morning she had a miscarriage, Now she is facing all this problem. Heavy bleeding, thick blood clots, unbearable pain in lower abdomen, weakness,numbness in legs nd nausea. How long will she bleed. Can you please recommend any medicine to reduce pain and that will quickly flush out remaining clots. What should I do, please help doctor.
In time of period mai sex kiya tha bina condom ka to koi chance hai pregnant hone ka. R mujhe 1 chiz r puchna hai jabtak last me jo sperm girta hai wo mai andar nahi giraunga tb tk to koi chance nahi na hai mai sperm aone hat se hila kar apne chadi me hi gira liye tha bs 1 min thora sa sex kiya tha then pregnancy hone ka chance hai ya nahi.
Do long term use of norethisterone has serious side effects? Does checking the strings of copper t everyday and on 3rd day of insertion causes infection due to which white discharge and heavy, long time (20 days) periods happen? Please answer to both of my questions ASAP.
For most people, the screen of a cell phone is the first thing they see in the morning and the last thing they see before going to bed. Nobody can deny the fact that living without a cell phone today is extremely difficult but must we be so glued to them? Staring into a phone or tablet screen, before going to sleep affects your sleep as well as impacts your health. Here's how:
- It is harder to fall asleep - We feel sleepy when the brain releases a hormone called melatonin, which is controlled by the body's circadian rhythm and exposure to light. The blue light of a cell phone screen interferes with this rhythm and indicates the brain not to secrete melatonin, which makes it difficult for us to sleep even after we have switched off our phone.
- It hampers the quality of sleep - A direct effect of sleeping late is that the number of hours are reduced. On top of that, using a cell phone before going to bed also hampers the quality of your sleep. When an office email or a text message is the last thing you see before going to sleep, our brain does not shut down completely, which makes us tense while we sleep.
- It lowers your attention span - When we wake up from a restless night's sleep, our productivity suffers. When we are unable to sleep properly it is known to hamper our decision-making skills, impairs both long-term and short-term memory and distracts us. This leads to unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- It increases the risk of weight gain - The body is more likely to feel hungry when it doesn't get enough sleep. This is because sleep-deprived people have a lower metabolism. Thus using a cell phone before sleeping also increases the chance of snacking on something unhealthy to get through the day and in turn leads to weight gain.
- It weakens your immune system - The body's immune system produces antibodies that fight infections while we are asleep. Depriving the body of the sleep it requires, weakens the immune system by not giving it enough time to build its forces. Not only does this increase the risk of falling ill it also slows down recovery from illnesses.
- It damages your skin - Sleeping late at night and not getting enough sleep can cause dark circles, puffy eyes and fine lines across the face. The blue light of a cell phone screen also tells the body to secrete cortisol which makes the skin less elastic and smooth.
Thus, even if we look at a phone screen for just five minutes every night before going to bed, the side effects last much longer and affect our mental and physical health as well as your looks. In case of a concern or query do consult an expert & get answers to questions!