Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 26 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. Kunal MehtaYour feedback matters!
I am 24 years old. When I do brush. My teeth blooding, my brush colour in blood, and apple also, what I should to do?
My teeths are becoming yellowish from last month and am using close up toothpaste. I want whiteness in my teeths. What should I do?
Hi sir, I am a female of 34 years old. My chewing teeth are almost decayed and having trouble while eating. What is the solution for this and will this also cause indigestion of food? plseaseadvice.
I had minor gaps in frontal two teeth which looks bad, I want to know that how many time it should take if I get bristles?
I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from mouth pain and doctor says its case of mouth infection and give me some tablet 1. pantoprazole 2. Azithromycin and wokadine sore throat gargle But no relief. Please help me sir.
Sir, I am 15 years old boy. I am having pain in my teeth gums. So sir kindly suggest me how to cure this.
I am 24 year old men suffering gum issue like pieria. Also have deep gap between teeth. What should I do. It was examined by dentist before 6 months they suggest me that you should take vitamin c, regular use mouth washer. But even though cautious bleeding.
I am 38 years old woman. I am suffering from cavity very badly and also I have a side neck and head pain, what should I do.
Sometimes my teeth feel sensitive. When i.brush my. Teeth.blood is coming out. Teeth is also. Yellow.scaling. Is good for teeth yes or not? Is it have. Side effect?
Hi I am living in pune, I want to know which type of front tooth cap is good and how much cost it will take for caping. Thanks in advance.
I am suffering with mouth ulcers for recently from last 1 month Why it's coming continuously for me.
Dental implants are surgical fixtures that are inserted into the jawbone to allow fusing over a span of few months. The implant works as a root replacement for a missing tooth. Eventually, this artificially placed tooth root helps in holding the bridge (partial denture) or the replacement tooth firmly. Dental implants are even designed to match your natural teeth, rendering a strong foundation to both the removable and the fixed replacement teeth.
Are you a candidate for Dental Implants?
Dental implants are used to replace a single tooth, several teeth, or all of the teeth. The goal of teeth replacement is to restore function as well as esthetics.
When it comes to tooth replacement, dental implants is of the three options available. Deciding on which option to choose depends on many factors. Specifically for dental implants, these factors include:
location of missing tooth or teeth,
quantity and quality of the jawbone where the dental implant is to be placed,
health of the patient,
A dental surgeon examines the area to be considered for the dental implant and makes a clinical assessment of whether the patient is a good candidate for a dental implant.
Here are a few advantages of getting a dental implant done:
Improved Appearance: Dental implants provide an almost natural look to the teeth. Since they are designed in a way to amalgamate with your bone, they subsequently become permanent.
Enhanced Speech: Dental implants let you speak effortlessly and without the scare of your teeth slipping inside the mouth and meddling with your speech; which is otherwise a common phenomenon with ill-fitted dentures.
More Comfort: Since the implants become a part of you, they do away with the hassles accompanying removable dentures.
Easier Eating: Sliding dentures might pose difficulty while chewing. Dental implants help you with an almost painless eating experience owing to the fact that they function just the way your original teeth would.
Improved Oral Health: There is no need of reduction or alteration of the surrounding teeth in order to support the implants. Hence most of the teeth are left just as they are, improving one’s oral hygiene.
Durability: Implants are tough and resistant, and can last a lifetime if taken proper care of.
Convenience: Dental implants spare one the inconvenience that is so common with removable dentures and at the time of fixing them to their place with messy adhesives.
Healthy gums and strong jaw bones are the only two requisites for a dental implant. Maintaining good oral hygiene and visiting or consult a dentist regularly should be at the top of the priority list after getting the implants done. However, one needs to put in the same amount and quality of care (read brushing and flossing) to the dental implants as one would’ve had to his/her original teeth. A thorough rinse with the help of an antibacterial mouth wash is a must along with periodic dental check-ups.
Children are much more susceptible to tooth decay and gum disorders than grown-ups. This is because the gum and teeth in toddlers are very delicate. Moreover, children are more attracted to sweets and other food items, which cause damage to the teeth.
Here are several ways to protect the teeth of your little one:
- Have a dental checkup: You should take your child to a dentist on his first birthday. Early prevention is important as any kind of problem in the teeth will be detected and this will save you from a lot of trouble in the future.
- Teaching healthy habits: Brushing is very important and you should teach your child to brush regularly, more than once a day. Before the development of teeth in your baby, you should brush his gums gently by using water on a soft baby toothbrush or with a clean and soft cloth. After developing teeth, brushing must be practiced with delicate toothbrushes and fluoridated toothpaste. If several teeth touch against each other, you should use flossing. Brushing is essential before going to bed, and no food should be taken after brushing.
- Prevent "baby bottle decay": You should not let your child go to sleep with a bottle of juice or milk. The sugar contained in these liquids sticks to the child's teeth, which activates bacteria and may lead to tooth decay.
- Avoid giving juice to your child: Juice may be healthy for the body, but it leads to tooth decay in little kids. The amount of regular juice intake should never be above four ounces.
- Avoid excess use of a sippy cup: Sippy cups enable children to shift from bottles to a glass. However, all day long usage of sippy cups should be restricted as it may cause decay on the front and back portions of teeth, when the drinks are rich in sugar.
- Be careful about sweet medicines: Many medicines meant for children are sugary and stick to the teeth, increasing the chance of cavities. Several antibiotics cause overgrowth of Candida or yeast and cause an oral disease known as oral thrush. This disease causes creamy patches on the tongue. In case your child needs sweet medicines, brushing should be increased.
- Stop using a pacifier by the age of 2 or 3: Pacifiers are good for children, but using pacifiers for a long period of time affects the lining of teeth. The shape of the mouth may also change. Hence, do not let your child use pacifiers after 2 or 3 years of age.
Children are quite prone to teeth disorders and decay in the teeth. Hence, measures must be taken to protect the teeth of children from any kind of disorder.