Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 30 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Root Canal Treatment
Teeth Cleaning Procedure
Teeth Whitening Procedure
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Tooth Extraction Procedure
Dental Extractions Procedure
Skin Rash Treatment
Gap Closing (Dental) Treatment
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Treatment of Root Canal Treatment (RCT)
Wisdom Tooth Removal Procedure
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Submit a review for Dr. KunalYour feedback matters!
Dr, my tooths have becomes so sensitive and gums are weakened. Since last 6months. I can't able to get rid of this problem. Dr. Help me please as soon as you can.
A wisdom tooth came up on the left side of my lower jaw about two weeks back. It was paining badly and I could hardly open my mouth. I was advised a painkiller tablet and liquid glycerine. After taking that, the pain subsided in about three days and I was able to open my mouth properly. But, all of a sudden, a few days after this, my saliva started tasting bad. I have kind of a metallic taste in my mouth constantly and when that taste is there, my saliva smells bad too. I kind of feel that this taste originates from the left side near the wisdom tooth. But I am not sure whether it's the upper or lower jaw. How do I overcome this condition? Please advise.
My mouth forms a bad smell every time. Even I had used different types of toothpastes and mouthwashes but this problem can not be solved. Please suggest me ways to get rid from my bad mouth smell.
Hi, i'm 26 years old and off late I could fine yellowish in my tooth, how do I prevent it from decaying?
There is a gap in my teeth front side. The gap is .5 inch. Is there any treatment for it with out changing original teeth.
Odontalgia or severe toothache is characterized by extreme pain or inflammation of the tooth and its surrounding areas. The excruciating pain that you might experience may stem as a result of gum infection, tooth decay, infection of the dental pulp, abscess and due to certain other reasons like extraction or filling of the teeth. Another key reason for extreme toothache is the fact that a number of heart problems, such as myocardial infarction and angina tend to affect your dental health negatively.
While some toothaches might occur sporadically, they might pose a danger against your overall well-being in the long run, if the condition is left untreated. Homeopathy can serve as the perfect antidote to your toothache problems and its effects are noted to be significantly higher when it comes down to the question of long-term consumption. Here is a list of homeopathic medications that might prove to be a pain alleviator for your dental complications:
- Hepar Sulph and Silicea: Root abscess responds positively, to both Hepar Sulph and Silicea. For fever accompanied with occasional chills due to severe toothache, Hepar Sulph is considered to be the perfect remedy and tends to significantly decrease the level of swelling and pain. On the other hand, if your face swells and there is an incidence of gum inflammation, Silicea must be used to numb the effects of root abscess.
- Plantago: Plantago is noted to be the most commonly prescribed medicine for toothaches and for treating sensitivity. The pain extending to the ears from the teeth receives maximum relief due to the effects of Plantago. It might have to be taken internally or applied externally depending on the severity of the toothache and its accompanying conditions.
- Staphysagria: Sensitivity is best taken care of by Staphysagria and resolves the problem of worsening of toothache, when any drink or food is consumed. Bleeding gums and excess salivation is also another aspect that is looked after by Staphysagria.
- Arnica: Tooth extraction and filling may often lead to the consequence of nerve-wrecking pain in the gums and the affected area. For this, Arnica is prescribed to assuage the nerve pain and must be taken in along with Hypericum, another homeopathy medicine, for best results.
- Merc Sol: Problems of halitosis and excessive salivation that tend to occur simultaneously with toothaches can be solved by a dosage of Merc Sol. Bleeding gums, looseness of teeth and sensitivity are all taken care of by the same medication.
- Hecla Lava: For jaw swells along with toothache, you must always opt for Hecla Lava. The effect is instantaneous and relieves both swelling and pain.
- Chamomilla: Chamomilla serves as the best remedial homeopathic medicine for easing heat sensitivity that is likely to worsen the existing toothache. Drinks and food, either hot or cold, can then be consumed easily because of the numbing effect of this medicine.
My wife is suffering from d. I. Dyskinesia tardive for the last 3 years and now she is not able to open her mouth for eating food and start shouting presumably unable to eat. At present she is on sizopin 25 - 25 - 100, elicia4 1/2 - 1/2 - 1/2, trazlon 50 0 - 0 -3.
Hi doc, My questions is for dentists doctors.... I am having gap between wisdom tooth and next to that... Anything that i eat will stuck between that gap...and i started feeling pain.... Is there any way to fill that gap... till now i am maintaining the problem by toothpick but sometimes it wont work and the pain starts again.... doctor recommended me remove the wisdom tooth but i dont want to remove it.... Any other alternative will be appreciated....
what I want to emphasize is that Brush your teeth with CONCENTRATION.
because most of the time. .People brush the teeth mechanically. While brushing the teeth.They are thinking of something else and not concentrating on the act of brushing.
only if u concentrate. .Then u will brush the teeth very effectively.
friends. .Just 3 to 5 min in the morning and evening. .
Sir I am having problems in my tooth like black spots. How to remove spots please give me idea. Thank you.
I have a whitish coated tongue which looks hairy on the upper part. This has resulted into difficulty in speaking. My words do not come out clearly. I have this problem for couple of years. I need a pink healthy tongue. Can any one please help?
There is problem in mouth I cannot eat any spicy thighs because there are chhala in my mouth, what is best solution of this ?
I am 28 years male. Suffering from dental pain at left upper m1 and m2. The dentist took the xray and explained as m2 is completely infected and m1 is infected but in the outermost layre of enamil.
Maintaining good oral hygiene is the key for enhanced gum and dental health. Tooth erosion is characterised by decay of the outer and inner parts of the teeth. It occurs when certain sugar containing foods such as milk, candy and cakes leave behind residual quantities, thus causing small food particles to get stuck to and remain in the teeth. These are then digested by the bacteria in the mouth and converted to acids. The acids in combination with saliva form a layer called plaque that causes tooth erosion.
To prevent tooth erosion, you can employ these simple methods:
- Regular flossing: Flossing is an often neglected aspect of dental hygiene. Flossing helps in removing food residues stuck between the teeth that your toothbrush cannot clean. Use proper technique while flossing as improper technique can damage your gums.
- Brushing twice a day: You should brush at least twice a day with toothpaste that contains fluoride. If possible, brush regularly after eating a meal.
- Eat well balanced meals: Eat well balanced meals for your gums to receive proper nourishment. Include plenty of fruits and vegetables in your diet as they are rich in antioxidants and vitamins. These antioxidants and vitamins help maintain overall gum and dental health.
- Fluoridated water: Drink fluoridated water, as it helps in preventing tooth erosion.
- Use Mouthwash regularly: Use an antiseptic mouthwash to keep your mouth bacteria free. Bacteria in your mouth can lead to rapid tooth erosion.
- Rinse your mouth: Rinse your mouth with water after every meal. Rinsing helps in removing food particles from your mouth that may contribute to tooth erosion.
- Avoid junk food: Avoid snacking on junk foods as they contain hidden sugars that can increase your risks of tooth erosion. Avoid sugar based drinks as they can harm your teeth and cause cavities.
- Dental sealants: A sealant is a coating that is applied on the tooth to prevent it from getting affected by plaque. They usually last for 8-10 years after which they need to be replaced.
- Visit the dentist regularly: Visit the dentist on a regular basis for check-ups as any underlying issue that can create potential problems in the future may need to be resolved.