Lybrate.com has top trusted Dentists from across India. You will find Dentists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dentists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment & Management of Braces
Treatment of Tetracycline Stains
Root Canal Treatment
Management of Dental Hygiene
Artificial Teeth Treatment
Braces Treatment for Adults and Teens
Ceramic Braces Treatment
Teeth Scaling & Polishing
Dental Extractions Procedure
Orthosis Fitting Procedure
Fixed Partial Denture Procedure
I am a 26 yr old male and I have gums problem, my gums are bleeding. What should I do sir? please help me. please suggest me that which toothpaste should I try,
I have yellowishness on my teeth because of fluoride and I have cleaned it once but did not get the whiteness and again my teeth are getting yellow, what should I do for clear whitening?
My teeth are yellow. In the corner of the teeth thre is white and bad smelling things which is not removed very well thr .
I got an rct done for lower tooth 7 right side. I got a crown. Now x ray shows gap between crown and last wisdom tooth and I am getting views that I have to remove the wisdom tooth and redo the crown for 7. There is no other way is it?
I am regularly having ulcers in my right inside the cheek. When I am taking the medicines it get cured. But again it happened. What to do?
My teeth are very yellowish from inside where I cannot brush even. Otherwise I have no problem till now. Pls suggest how to take care of them and to clean them from inside. Thanks.
I am 57 yrs old. My teeth is broken smal piece and the place is blank. But I get more pain three four days in a week. I am a by pass surgery person done on 01/03/2008. What should I do?please advice me.
I have nail pice between my teeth from 1 month. N I show to doctor but thay are saying there is nothing but m feeling that. What should I do now?
My Teeth's have become Yellowish in Colour. I am Worry about it. Please give me the solution to bring it back i'm Whitish Colour.
Dear Doctor, I am 22 years old, my scalps are bleeding drastically. I had put clips for my tooth at the age of 16 they cleaned my teeth more than 10 timed during that period is that reduce the strength of my gums please help me with few remedies. How I can reduce my gum bleeding.
I am 71 years old male having only 4 lower natural teeth and wearing a denture for the remaining ones. Often, when I wake up in the morning or in the middle of the night, I find some spit on one side of my lips or on the pillow. Is there any remedy to avoid such occurence?
I had rootcanal treatment 3year before. Now I'm feeling pain at that tooth. So, what I have to do. Please send me some tablet names and how to use them.
I would like to know some home made remedy to avoid or get ride of bad breath. Its like, it coming ever now and then. So, my question is what create the smell and how to avoid it.
A healthy set of teeth is essential for good living. However, teeth problems are widespread and you are susceptible to it at any age, at any time. Though there are medications available for tooth problems, sometimes extraction of the tooth remains the only plausible solution.
You may have to undergo tooth extraction for multiple reasons. Some of them are:
- Unaligned teeth: In case you are suffering from unaligned teeth, chances are that you may suffer from what in technical terms is known as "crowded mouth." In such a situation you have difficulty in eating as there is not enough room for the teeth in the mouth. Extraction of tooth, in this case, is the only way to rectify it and align the teeth in a better fashion.
- Infection: Sometimes if you suffer from a tooth infection, it tends to quickly spread to the pulp, affecting and damaging the blood vessels and different nerves. Though medications are available, if the intensity of the infection increases, extraction of tooth remains the only option.
Procedure: There are different steps that are involved in the extraction of teeth. They are:
- Local anesthesia: Like all other surgeries, administering a local anesthesia is the first step. If you are undergoing a tooth extraction, the dentist or the surgeon will inject anesthesia that will create numbness and soothe you of the ensuing pain.
- Cutting away gum and bone tissues: After the anesthesia, the dentist will proceed to extract the infected tooth. In order to do this, the doctor cuts away the gum and the tissues covering the tooth. After the root of the infected tooth has been exposed, the dentist would then with the help of forceps, sever it from the jaw.
After the surgery, you must observe certain precautions to expedite the recovery process. Some of them are:
- Take painkillers: After the tooth extraction, the possibility of suffering from an ensuing pain is incredibly high. Therefore, in most cases the dentist prescribes certain painkillers and you must take them regularly.
- Change the dressing: The operated area will be covered with bandages to preclude any infection. However, the dressing must be changed from time to time. If the same dressing remains for a long time, chances of an infection increase.
- Complete rest: After the extraction, you must take complete rest and not engage in any form of physical activity.
- Avoid certain foods: Just after the surgery, the operated area remains tender. Therefore, you must eat food that requires less effort to chew like soup, pudding, ice cream etc. You must also abstain from smoking and drinking for some time.