Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 36 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kulkarni ShrirangYour feedback matters!
I am 20 years old I am suffering from hand and shoulder pain I tried some creams and pain killer what you I do tell me.
I started my 3rd week on harvoni. I have been having severe trouble eating due to pains that feel like.
I have got elbow Pain from 17 days Dr. says you R suffering from planter faccities . Suggest me for the treatment for this Thanks Mohan bohora.
Sir, I am a boy of 20years old. I have pain in right leg. I have been very difficulty. What should I do? Please tell me solution. It's problem.
I am 45 year old and i'm suffering from knee pain from 10 years. I had tried every type of medicine from all over india but it didn't helped me. Can I take help of yoga?
She is 75, she is suffering from knee pain, now she can't walk, we have tried different types of medicine, 6 hospital, but still the pain increasing, what to do know we don't know? sometimes she cries because of pain, it hurts us.
Hi I have a severe back pain .I can't say it's entirely a back pain because the pain changes its place .sometimes in upper back .sometimes lower .sometimes at sides .I can't say when it is where. And also it's prevailing from 1 yr. My height is 5.9 and I've been in weights of 105 .85. And now 93 .in all my weights pain is same .this pain occurs when I get up after a few hours of work by sitting or after sleep only .and again it becomes normal .plz help .I went to a lot of doctors. In X ray also it's normal .they had told some physiotherapy exercises .I am doing it regularly but there is no decrease in pain. I am suffering a lot. please help me.
I am 36 years old volleyball player, now to much pain in backache and both knees from past three years. Doing regularly physiotherapy and ift from 20 days.
I am having pain in my lower portion of backbone. It may be in anus. Am not sure. But the pain became maximum when I have to sit on a chair. Or bed. Please tell me what should I do.
Hi, i'm 36 yrs person. I've feel pain in my both ankle joints maximum in early morning. What is the reason of that & what are the solution of this problem.
Left leg - knee to toe - some weird, creepy, crawling sensation is there through out the day for about a year. When I am about to sleep it is more so I tend to move my leg due to uneasiness. It affects the way I walk. I was asked to take a dopler test on both legs and a nerve conduction study. On seeing the result doctor say that the results are within the allowable limits and have given me multi-vitamin tablet. My problem still persists. Need some insight into this. I am not a diabetic, and my sugar levels are normal.
The Lumbar Roll
- As few seats of chairs provide adequate support for the lower back, a portable lumbar roll is essential equipment for people with ongoing back problems. When sitting on a seat with a backrest(supported sitting), a lumbar roll will facilitate the maintenance of a correct lordosis and posture.A lumbar roll is a support specially designed for the low back.
- Without this support,the low back will slouch when ever you are distracted or cease to concentrate on anything other than holding the lordosis actively with your own muscles-for example, when talking, reading, writing, watching television or driving your car. To counteract this slouching you must place a lumbar roll in the small of your back at the level of your belt line whenever you sit in an easy chair ,car or office chair.
- The lumbar roll should be no more than 4 to 5 inches in diameter before being compressed and should be moderately filled with foam so that under compression its diameter reduces to about 1.5 inches. A cushion does not serve the same purpose as it has the wrong shape and does not provide adequate pressure at the precise level of the low back. A regular cushion should not be relied upon for long-term... use but may be of some assistance in an emergency.
- The aim is first to restore the correct posture and then to maintain it. It may take up to a week of practice to master this fully. As a rule, pain of postural origin will decrease as your sitting posture improves, and you will have no pain once you maintain the correct posture. The pain will readily recur in the first few weeks should you allow yourself to slouch while sitting.
- Eventually you will remain completely pain free even when you forget your posture; however, never again should you allow yourself to sit slouched for long periods.When first starting these procedures to correct your sitting posture, you will experience some new pains. These are different from your original pain and may be felt in other places.
- New pains are the result of performing new exercises and maintaining new positions; they should be expected and will wear off in a few days,provided postural correction is continued on a regular basis. Once you have become used to sitting correctly you will enjoy it and will soon notice the reduction or absence of pain and the improved comfort. From then on you will automatically choose chairs that allow you to sit correctly.
- Regular Interruption of Prolonged Sitting
Travelling for long distances by bus, car or airplane, especially when sitting in a cramped seat and without regular breaks which permit you to restore the lordosis, may cause a gradual and progressive attack of low back pain or may aggravate existing problems. Nearly everyone will be aware of some stiffness or discomfort in the low back after an uninterrupted car ride of a few hours. If you already have back problems, such a journey may be a risk situation for you. If you are the driver yourself, the risk is even greater.In order to minimise the risks of prolonged sitting, it is necessary that you interrupt sitting at regular intervals and before pain starts.For example, when undertaking long car journeys, you should stop the car every hour, get out and bend backward five or six times and walk about for a few minutes. This will reduce the pressure within the discs and relieve the stresses on the surrounding tissues. As airlines continue to provide seating calculated to damage the human spine, you should, when flying long distances, regularly stand and walk up and down the aisle of the plane. This is not only important for the sake of your back but is also necessary to assist in the stimulation of the circulation in the legs. These are simple measures you can take that will significantly reduce the risk of another episode of back pain.