Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 28 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. KulkarniYour feedback matters!
I am 23 years old. Sir I am suffering from some problem in stomach continuously gas formed in stomach then its causes I have pain in back and legs. Kindly give me good and helpful suggestion or medicines.
About 1 year ago construction work was going in our house, I bent down and lifted up a big heavy stone and my backbone sounded like (tik tik), after that day I am getting low backpain I have not taken any medical advise or any medicine yet. When I get up in morning at that time I get maximum pain and in rest of the day I get pain only when I sit on chair or sofa. Tell me how can I become normal, without this Backpain?
Which medicines should I take for severe pain in my shoulder and neck after getting up in the morning?
I am diabetic from past 5 years. Age 53 years. My left knee gives me pain. First it was after long city driving, now it is while driving. Please suggest how I am affected and remedy.
My triglyceride is around 450. And also I have uric acid around 8. Twice I have gout attack. My age is 36 years. FBS is 100 and PP is 115. Total cholesterol is within 200. Please advise.
Osteoarthritis: Complications and risk factors
Osteoarthritis is the most common form of arthritis. It affects millions of people around the world and is caused due to the gradual wear and tear of the protective cartilage at the end of your bones. The condition most commonly affects the joints in the hands, knees, hips and spine although it can damage any joint in the body.
The symptoms of osteoarthritis develop slowly and get worse with time, and include pain during and after physical activities like movement. The joints may become tender and may pain even with the application of light pressure. Stiffness and loss of flexibility are some of the other symptoms. The loss of cartilage due to gradual wear and tear causes the condition. It causes the smooth surface of the cartilage to become rough, giving rise to friction.
Some of the risk factors involved that can increase your chances of developing the condition are:
- Old age - The chance of osteoarthritis increases with a person's age.
- Sex - A study concluded that women are more likely to develop the condition. Although there isn't an established reason, lesser physical activity is attributed as a possible cause.
- Obesity - Having excessive body weight can be a contributing factor. This is because it puts added pressure on the weight-bearing joints, such as the hips and the knees.
- Joint injuries - Joint injuries contracted due to sports activities, accidents or other such factors can increase the likelihood of this condition.
- Genetics - In some of the cases, the condition is observed to be passed from generation to generation.
- Bone deformities - Some people who are born with bone deformities and defects can have greater chances of having this condition.
- Other diseases - Having diseases like diabetes and gout can increase the risk of the condition.
Some of the complications of this disease are:
- Joint pain and stiffness may cause hurdles in daily activities. Daily activities like changing clothes can be painful.
- Some people are unable to work any longer. Joint replacement surgeries are advised by doctors in these cases.