Lybrate.com has top trusted Anesthesiologists from across India. You will find Anesthesiologists with more than 38 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Anesthesiologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Diagnostic Cardiac Procedures
Treatment of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimu
Cancer Pain Management
Epidural And Spinal Anesthesia Techniques
I am 18 year old. The day before yesterday while giving an exam I put my finger on eyebrow and suddenly felt a sharp pain which lasted for 1-2 seconds then everything became normal. But after 3-4 hours I started feeling a bulge on eyebrow where pain happened. It is skin colored, hard and pains when I touch it or move my eyebrow. The pain is very mild. What may be the reason behind it and is it severe ?
My mother is suffering from severe pain in the joints from several days, can it be due to lack of calcium?
I am 22 year's old female suffering from weakness even after having food n fruits n having joint's pains n even feeling inactive all the time.Please tell.
I am 21 years old male. From last few months I have been experiencing severe pain in the lower back whenever I remain standing for more than 10 to 15 minutes. I tried some painkillers but nothing works. Please help me.
I am 41years old lady. If I lift heavy objects or if I work for long time my right hand starts paining.
I have swelling in my left shoulder and arm. What treatment I require as I'm having pain in shoulder n arm.
My age is 29 & my height is 5'0 and my weight is 67 kg how much weight is excess and how much weight I have to loss because I have pain in two legs toe when I walk I have no pain but when I seat and stand it starts heavy pain and when I wake up in the morning it is having heavy pain in the toe I can't stand properly.
I met with accident. A small hairline crack in the left bottom leg knee. I put bandage (POP) for 45 days. After that bandage removed. But while walking I feel pain. X ray result show bone joined. Still I could not walk easily. I am applying thennamarakudi ennai also. Swelling is also seen in the left leg. I request you to suggest treatment for reducing the swelling as well as for easy walk as usual before the accident.
I am having backache for last 3 days but since yesterday it has increases extensively to such extent that I was not able to work. Kindly help.
In January ,during my journey in bus, I got a severe backache. When I consulted the doctor, he told me that I had a disc slip problem ,some space had been created in lower discs. He suggested me physiotherapy and exercise and gave me medicines (pain killer and to remove inner swelling ). This treatment continued for more than a month. Then at last he had given me vitamin D capsules. Now a days again I am having pain in my lower back. Please suggest me some permanent solution for this.
Whenever I run or play for long time there is pain in my leg bones and its really to much and when I touch the middle portion of the bone it hurts more please tell me what should I do?
Pelvic pain is most common in women, though sometimes it occurs in men as well. There is absolutely no reason why pelvic pain cannot be treated and therefore women need not panic if they are experiencing such pain. The treatment of any pain can be done methodically after discovering its cause. Thus, before jotting down the treatments for pelvic pain, it is important to explore the reasons that cause pelvic pain in women.
Reasons for pelvic pain
- Reproductive organs in women play an important part in causing pelvic pain. The reproductive organ is complex when it comes to women and many small or big problems there might end up leading to pelvic pain.
- Any urinary infection or bladder irritation might also lead to pelvic pain.
- The nerves and muscles of the abdomen may cause pain in the pelvis area as well. In fact, the nerves and muscles are very tender near the pelvis area and care should be taken so that one does not strain them or pull the ligaments. This can cause severe pain.
- Another interesting point to be noted is that sometimes even after going through a lot of examinations, no causes of pelvic pain are found. In such cases it is understood that the pelvic pain is a manifestation of the remains of a long forgotten injury or accident.
- It has been examined and found out that physical abuse can at times lead to chronic pelvic pain. Though this link has not yet been understood properly, but it is seen to be true.
Treatments for pelvic pain
- The most basic treatment is to apply heating pad on the affected area. Heat helps in relaxing the muscles and nerves thereby, lessening the pain. However, this would reduce the pain, but cannot make it disappear in a day. Thus, it is a continued process for a week or 10 days till the pain recedes.
- Relaxation techniques like meditation, breathing exercises, yoga and even muscle exercises like jogging help in reducing the pain. However, this should be done under guidance. One wrong move can actually aggravate the pain instead of lessening it.
- Then there are painkillers which are non-steroidal and help in lessening the pain. Painkillers have a correct dosage and must be taken only after consulting a doctor. Self-medication in such cases can prove disastrous.
- At times, when all medications fail, surgery is the last resort.
Thus, these are some of the treatments that can be undertaken if and when you are experiencing pelvic pain. All these are connected to the root cause and must be followed only under medical supervision.