Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 39 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Knee Pain Treatment
Spinal Surgery Disorders
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Treatment of Knee replacement
Treatment of Joint And Muscle Problems
Treatment of Nerve And Muscle Disorders
Acl Reconstruction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Joint Dislocation Treatment
Knee Care Procedures
Joint Replacement Surgery
Ankle Pain Treatment
Treatment of Spondylosis
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Treatment Of Disk Slip
Treatment Of Herniated Disc
Submit a review for Dr. Kulkarni AbhayYour feedback matters!
Hi finger in the right hand is swollen. Puss is forming in it. It's raining continuously. What. Should I do?
Hello, I am not able to walk properly due to a severe back ache. I got this ache after studying for a year without any exercise. Can you please help me to find some good ointment or spray for a quick solution to my problem?
I am 23 year old male. From the last few months I am experiencing a pinching pain in the upper back (may be the cervical backbone) which gets aggravated while turning the head. This similar backache is also experienced while I am sleeping. Pressing there with hands gives slight relief but the pain persists. What should I do and suggest a treatment. Thank you in advance.
Spinal cord is a very important part of your body as it renders support to your body. It also gives your body a good posture and thus maintaining a healthy spine is very essential. An unfit spinal cord can lead to various complicated problems.
The following are 5 must do exercises in order to maintain a healthy spine:
- Exercising your core muscles can help you to maintain a fit spine. Your core muscles refer to the muscles of your lower back and your abdominal muscles. These muscles give support to your spine. So exercising them can give you a healthy spine.
- Walking regularly can also give you a healthy spine. It is suitable for people of all age groups. Daily walking can help you to recover from various spinal illnesses as well such as spinal stenosis.
- Swimming is also a good exercise for maintaing a fit spinal cord. Swimming helps to exercise all back muscles and thus, gives you a healthy spinal cord.
- Lying down straight with your face down on an even and firm surface for about twenty minutes can help you to get a healthy spine and also a good body posture.
- Cycling can also help you achieve a healthy spine. While cycling, all your back muscles and the muscles of the lower part of your body are engaged in physical activity. If the muscles of your lower back are strong, then it can help you to keep your spine fit.
Other than these exercises, stretching your limbs and other stretching exercises are also beneficial for a healthy spine. But it is highly recommended for you to consult a doctor before doing any exercise in order to be guided in the proper manner and avoid further complications.
Hello doc. I am 30years old and gave birth to a baby in nov. By c-section. After 15 days of delivery I noticed swelling on the ankle of my left foot. After 1month it starts paining. Till now its same. Swelling as well as pain. What may b the reason for it. How it can be cured?
I am 36 years old. Underwent Two C-sections, I am having back pain and knee pain. Also got thyroid problem. And gradually I am putting on weight. What to do? Please advise.
I had unprotected sex with my girlfriend. After that I had mild joint and muscles pains, my anus slightly changed to gray. New moles also. I feared that I had hiv.
Today I felt a small hard gland in neck which is deep inside tissues it cause pain oly when it is pressed. What could be the cause I just feel panicked.
My both feet are swollen and the swelling on the left feet is worse, paining, unable to wear shoe/chappals and there is a very small boil in the middle of the feet. The swelling is right from the ankle. The right feet does not have much swelling, but it is swollen particularly at the ankle. I have consulted a Govt. Hospital's doctor, who game an injection + tabs (pencilin) to be taken twice daily. What could be the reason for this sudden swelling. Is it because of the heat or do I have Major problem?
I just now noticed that my ring finger on my right hand word that connects to knuckle is separated it's not the joint it's the ball is broken off. But I have not had any pain until just a little while ago it kind of got a little sore. I have also noticed over the past several years that so in my bones that have been broken broken very easily. If at all possible can you give me an idea of what would cause this?
Hello sir and madam 9 month pehle mera accident hua tha or mere right leg ki ligament problem hui mere leg mein kafi dard hota hai abhi bhi doctor ne kaha tha ki apne aap thik ho jaye but dard abhi bhi hai kafi kuch kar dekh liya aaram nahi hai please meri help kare.
I am 59 years old Man, I have been advised to avoid using stairs, Indian style toilet, sit cross leg ,etc due to knee problem (gap). Clinically also I feel weakness of bones. Could you please advise some medicines with doses, frequency and duration etc. Though ,Normally I do not have any kind of pain but feel little pain while using stairs and intense pain while I sit in Indian Style toilet.
Sir/mam due to excessive masturbation im having pain in my legs n heavy weakness what to do for recovering.
I feel like I am going back and forth inside my brain. It's not cervical because I got it checked already.
Hello sir I am rakesh kumar ray I am 18 years old mu hand bold soo pain but any medical did not work how too solved this problem.
I am 19 years old and am suffering from back pain from last 2 months this all happened when I start bowling in cricket I tried homeopathy but no result please suggest me some course.
Hello doctor I belong to guntur but I work in hyderabad. My mother is suffering with knee pain. I have consulted many doctors in guntur. They said it is because of decrease or loss of cartilage or connective tissue between bones join to the left leg. They said it is just a small problem and it will be cured easily with medicines. Each doctor gave some medicines but none of medicines gave good result in curing the pain. So I decided to consult a good doctor for a permanent solution but being time availability I want a quick solution with only one consultation. Please help me to rectify and to give good healthy life to mom. Thanks
Plantar fasciitis is an orthopedic problem that gives rise to pain in the foot and heel due to strain or pressure on the plantar fascia. This is a ligament or connective tissue which lies in a flat band, connecting your heel with the toes and effectively, providing a basis for the motion of the feet in general. Inflammation, swelling and bruising of this tissue or ligament can lead to excessive pain in the heel.
Let us look at ways that can help you deal with this pain:
- Rest: Taking rest and giving your feet a break from all kinds of strain inducing activities can help in relieving the pain. Also, you can keep your feet elevated to help in reducing the pain in the area.
- Supportive footwear: Using pads within your shoes with gel built into them, or using specific footwear that help in walking without feeling too much of pain is a good way of dealing with Plantar fasciitis. The shoe inserts must be rubber, felt or plastic so that they are soft for your feet. They also give your heel and its arch good support, while Orthotics pulls the ligament so that there is less stress on the same. You can also pull on a pair of night flints which will keep the foot and the ligament stretched while you enjoy a good night of sleep.
- Exercise: Indulging in mild muscle strengthening exercise that also involves stretching and heel hooks can help in alleviating chronic pain that you may be suffering from. Lie flat on your back and take a towel. Lift your leg and hook your foot into it. Now press against the towel and pull down the towel simultaneously. Repeat at least ten times per foot. This will give you flexibility and strength in the area.
- Painkillers: Use pain killers only when absolutely necessary and with due advice from the doctor or Orthopaedic specialist. The use of Ibuprofen and other pain relievers can help in numbing the pain inducing nerves in the brain and give you instant relief.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs: Your doctor may prescribe anti-inflammatory medication that can bring down the swelling for more comfortable functioning when you are on your feet. Naproxen is one such drug that helps in bringing down the inflammation. Also, corticosteroid injections can relieve severe pain.
- Surgery: Heel spur removal or Plantar fascia release are some of the surgical options for chronic and severe cases.
Taking care of your feet is a matter of ensuring that you look into the slightest discomfort and report the same to a doctor.