Lybrate.com has top trusted Orthopedists from across India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 35 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Orthopedists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Cervical Traction Procedure
Hip Replacement Surgery
Treatment of Lumbar Radiculopathy
Spinal Fusion Surgery
Treatment of Knee replacement
Arthritis And Pain Management Treatment
Hip Resurfacing Surgery
Hip Injury Treatment
Ankle Injury Treatment
Knee Injury Treatment
Hip Pain Treatment
Ankle Pain Treatment
Knee Pain Treatment
Treatment of Joint Dislocation
Joint Mobilization Procedure
Joint Replacement Surgery
Limping Child Treatment
Meniscus Injury Treatment
Pelvic Rehabilitation Techniques
Submit a review for Dr. Kulkarni AbhayYour feedback matters!
I haven't able to sleep for last 2 days and I have a headache. I have also a backpain. What will I do. Pls help me to secure my life.
Hii my name is sheetlesh. I am suffering from arthritis. My both hip is suffer from severe pain. What can I do. In summer I fell that little relief than winter days. What can I do?
My mother has severe pain in knees nd jointsafter recovery from chikungunya. Pl suggest some quick remedy for her.
Doctor, 1, I have a knee pain while i'm walking on the stairs up/down. I have spent more time with standing or walking due to my nature of work. How to over come from this problem? 2, I have married and have two kids, last 13 years we are lived as joint family with my parents for the last two months we are separated due to my spouse but she is not willing to live with my parents and she doesn't want my kids also don't allow to go to my parents. But i'm the only son of my parents. How can I solve this problem? Can you give me some solution?
Massage therapy helps relieve joint pain by improving circulation and soothing inflammation. In fact, several studies indicate that regular massage can improve pain, stiffness and range of motion in the affected joint.
To massage the affected area, use warm oil like coconut, olive, mustard, castor or garlic oil and apply gentle pressure while massaging.
2. Hot and cold compresses
Alternating hot and cold compresses can also help ease joint pain. Heat therapy helps decrease pain, increase blood flow and relax sore muscles and joints. Cold therapy reduces inflammation and numbs the areas around the affected joint.
- Wrap both compresses in separate towels before using them. They should not be applied directly to the skin.
- Place the hot compress on the affected area for about three minutes.
- Remove the compress and immediately put a cold compress in its place for about one minute.
- Repeat the process for 15 to 20 minutes a few times daily until you get relief
Mere left shoulder me last 6 month se tez dard rahta hai. 13-10-13 ko mere is hath me bike se girne ke karn chot lagi thi.
Hy doc. I am a 19 year old male. From quite a sometime I feel lyk. I have no energy or life in my arms , Legs and specially hands and fingers . It feels Very weak everywhere. Though I'm very fit n fyn M having height 6'1 and weight 77 kg So. Kindly tell me. What 2 do asap. And I also Have weak Bones . So Also tell me how 2 make them strong . And my whole body strong from inside ?
I suffered a problem of bone infections six years back and now again I am facing pain in the same area, I consulted the doctor, he said regular siting might be the issue, I am worried if I can face the same problem again!
Day before yesterday I was gone through my tmt test and that was negative. But from yesterday evening I am feeling pain in my left arm and neck. So is this cardiac or what?
Hello sir my problem that when I am running my legs pain (thin piece) 1 ft down to my knee it's pain normal not too much 10% but when I am normal walk it's not pain tell me what is my problem and what I am do I my much worried about this because after few day I am running for recruitment please help me.
My mother aged 69 years old, c/o had sudden onset of pain in the Lt Leg in between groin while getting up in the morning followed by she could not able to get up normally and walk normally. Shown to ortho doctor and taken xray hip but everything is normal but he said it may be ligament tear or may be sprain, She is old case of osteoarthritis. With a pain she is doing her normal household activities but pain remains same. She has difficulty and pain while sitting, getting up from the chair and when she gets up from the bed. She suffering from one month. We applied siddha oil and all pain relief applications and orally she takes all the painkillers, I am totally worried What may be the cause and the treatment.
Whenever I throw a ball (any) with some force, I experience a shocking pain in shoulder (right) followed by pain in elbow joint. This is causing a major obstacle for my sporting. Kindly help me out of this.
The knee is the largest joint in the human body and is a complex structure formed of bone, muscle and cartilage. Development of pain in the knees can be caused by numerous factors such as aging, injuries, diseases, dietary deficiencies, etc.
Arthritis is the most common cause of knee pain and usually affects the elderly and aged. It occurs due to an inflammation of the joint and causes pain, swelling, redness and inflexibility of the knees.
What are the factors that determine treatment method?
Diagnosis for knee pain varies from patient to patient as each case is different and must be approached differently. Some of the factors that determine the treatment method are as follows:
- Cause of the problem
- Nature and intensity of pain
- Age of the patient
- Medical history of the patient
- Diet and lifestyle of the patient
There are a number of different types of arthritis which can affect the knees in different ways and, consequently, require different types of treatment methods.
What are the various treatment methods for knee pain?
1. Conventional Remedies - These are used in case of conditions that are not too severe or chronic. It includes keeping on bed rest, using an ice pack, taking a painkiller and anti-inflammatory medicines, wearing knee braces, etc.
2. Physical Therapy - There are many stretching and strengthening exercise routines that help alleviate knee pain and treat the condition. Recovery is achieved by making the muscles around the knees stronger and increasing stability and flexibility.
3. Injections to the Knees - A number of anti-inflammatory substances and supplements, as well as lubricants, can be injected into the knee joint which helps reduce pain and makes the joint more supple.
4. Stem Cell Therapy - This involves drawing platelets from the patient's blood and injecting it into the knee joint for repairing damage caused to ligaments, tendons or cartilage.
5. Surgery - Surgical procedures for treating knee pain include partial or complete knee replacements.