Lybrate.com has top trusted Ophthalmologists from across India. You will find Ophthalmologists with more than 34 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Ophthalmologists online in Pune and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Treatment of Squint
Lasik Surgery Treatment
Routine Eye Checkup
Laser Cataract Surgery
Reduced Vision Treatment
Visual Field Testing
Retina And Lasik Surgery
Endoscopic Dcr Procedure
Eye Muscle Surgeries
Artificial Eye Procedures
Submit a review for Dr. Kuldeep DoleYour feedback matters!
I have a red blood spot on my rgt eye internally on the white area of my eye due toh little hits. What I should I do NW? No problem in vision.
My eyes are getting a blurred view with most of time dry fungus on the extreme corner of the eyes. Also while standing up from the seat I feel for few seconds something is dark in front of eyes.
I am a student of 11th medical. I'm very tired through out the day. My eyes become red and become swelled. Also not able to sleep properly. Sometimes I sleep very much. Can you suggest me what can be done.
My mother is facing an eye problem. Her right eye pupil expand and contract time to time some time it expands so much. Which cause her headache. I had gone through checkup. Dr. Told it is sign of glaucoma and due to eye pressure it happened. They Done laser operation by telling that it is glaucoma initial stage. For a month she was alright but again she is facing same problem.
I don't know y, my left eye has swelled bit. If I press it feels a slight pain. Last night I was having tat left eye itching to relief I rubbed it. Dz happens me commonly BT morning I noticed the swelling. Tell me the remedy for it. Please suggest good eye drop for eye itching.
I have severe pain in my brain since last 1 month. Due to which their is loss of vision. What can I do to avoid this?
Hi my dad have a eye problem, so he uses his eye drop daily, but today by default my mom got confused and she put some drops of clenorush which is used for oral thrush which includes 1 choline salicylate 2. Tannic acid 3 clotrimazole 4 cetrimide Glycerin. So his eye is paining very badly. I just need to know is it gonna cause big problem later? Please advice.
I am 63 Yrs plus, how my eyes remain in a good condition even initially followed by cataract. Care, Prevention and Treatment. A specialist advice is requested.
My eyesight is 5 now I have myopia. And I am 19 years Old now. Can this be cured without LASIK surgery?
Age-related macular degeneration, also known in brief as AMD or ARMD is one of the most common age-related causes for vision loss. It causes “blind spots” in vision, causing difficulty in activities requiring central vision like reading, sewing, driving, watching TV, computer usage, etc.
How it happens?
The centre portion of the eye is known as retina which has a screen in the posterior portion. For proper vision, light falls on this screen and is then processed to enable ‘vision.’ When this screen is not clear, blurred vision results. It may not cause total blindness but impairs vision including double vision and loss of central vision.
Types: There are two types of AMD, wet and dry.
- Dry: There are yellow deposits known as drusen which form in the macula, and as they grow in size, they impair vision, specifically the central vision. This is the common variant and can lead to the wet form.
- Wet: There are abnormal blood vessels which are formed in the retina. There is leaking of blood and fluid which makes it ‘wet.’ There could be scarring of these leaked substances, which again leads to loss of central vision. Further studies have shown that retina produces a protein knows as vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) which promotes the generation of new blood vessels, normally required for the production of new blood vessels. However, increased VEGF causes excessive proliferation of blood vessels, leading to macular degeneration.
Risk factors: Though age related, there are definitely some factors which put one at a higher risk for AMD
- Genetics: AMD is hereditary and runs in families
- Gender: Females are more prone to develop AMD than males
- Ageing: People above 60 are at greater risk
- Smoking: Direct and passive smoking contribute to AMD.
- Obesity: Accelerates the pace of AMD and severity of complications.
- Hypertension: Increases the chances of developing AMD
- Ethnicity: Caucasians are more prone to develop AMD as their lighter skin and eye color is more prone to sun damage
- Sun exposure: Increased sun exposure accelerates the onset of AMD
- No symptoms in the initial stages
- Gradually, there is impaired central vision, affecting activities like reading, driving, and computer usage
- Color perception is impaired
- A routine eye exam will reveal the yellow deposits which actually cause the condition.
- An angiography may be done after injecting a dye to detect blood vessel growth.
There is no cure, but progress can be delayed